Top Shelf Aquatics

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

jedimasterben

Ha! Nice. I could get the "150gpd water saving upgrade kit" for $60 in the future, but im happy for now :)

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-150-gpd-water-saver-upgrade-kit.html

You probably don't have enough water pressure for all that. I would buy a booster pump. It will take your current membrane to around 120-150GPD and will make it more efficient.

• Like 2

You probably don't have enough water pressure for all that. I would buy a booster pump. It will take your current membrane to around 120-150GPD and will make it more efficient.

I was using my hose and have only about 50psi; planning on getting a booster later:

Was too busy playing with rocks. What do you think?

88807986-0D66-4079-9019-30F9D03D1C42_zps

It all seems to be in the back of the tank. Bring some closer to the front to give it a bit more depth. Maybe rotate the rockwork on the far left closer to the front. IDK I hate scaping

thecoralbeauty

Was too busy playing with rocks. What do you think?

88807986-0D66-4079-9019-30F9D03D1C42_zps

i like it a lot! :)

funny how different the color is.

It all seems to be in the back of the tank. Bring some closer to the front to give it a bit more depth. Maybe rotate the rockwork on the far left closer to the front. IDK I hate scaping

+1 to this. use the depth as much as you can. i guess I'm spoiled with a cube in this, but you can pull it off with these dimensions too.

I'd rotate the monti island so they don't grow to the glass and rather out into the center of the tank to have the largest area to grow. I like the idea of moving the left cave forward, then the critters will hide but you'll be able to see them better.

Maybe! Heres a photo from further. The rocks I was sent are a bit large- hard to use a 20lb piece!

IMG_5868_zpsguwrsjif.jpg

i like it a lot! :)

funny how different the color is.

+1 to this. use the depth as much as you can. i guess I'm spoiled with a cube in this, but you can pull it off with these dimensions too.

the depth thing is hard in this tank because of the center overflow. you could try and move the left rocks further back and angle the center to the front.

I'd rotate the monti island so they don't grow to the glass and rather out into the center of the tank to have the largest area to grow. I like the idea of moving the left cave forward, then the critters will hide but you'll be able to see them better.

Yeah, it needs more 3d elements- too "wall" like for my taste.

FlowerMama, I like that idea with the caps. But I believe they will grow in all directions- not just towards the glass. Especially with the ATI 6x54w that goes to the edge of the tank!

• Like 2

Take a hammer to some rocks. You were given large boulders, make them more unique if you need to. Put it in a garbage bag and whack a hammer on a corner of it or something.

• Like 5

Take a hammer to some rocks. You were given large boulders, make them more unique if you need to. Put it in a garbage bag and whack a hammer on a corner of it or something.

Im going to give my tank a rest. Some of my Rock Flower Anemones jumped off the rock due to stress and my wrasse jumped twice while I was working in the tank- I want to leave a bit.

• Like 4

True! I feel the need to justify myself to people sometimes, I need to learn to just not give a damn! :lol: So how many rocks do you count here? I believe one is a mutt in camouflage F8EBB5ED-9651-4A7D-A5F3-C108D4308C6B_zps

Is that your dog to Harry? How many dogs do you have ?
  • Like 1

Imagine a luffa sponge water goes right thru it. Plus most macros float and they never get stuck in the pumps. You can do what you want but I haven't had to unclog my skimmer pump 1 time and my sump is full of macros.

• Like 4

Imagine a luffa sponge water goes right thru it. Plus most macros float and they never get stuck in the pumps. You can do what you want but I haven't had to unclog my skimmer pump 1 time and my sump is full of macros.

Ill see, I don't have any macros yet *cough* Stella *cough* Stella

• Like 2
  • HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350