SaltCritters.com

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

Where did you order them??

From Reeftown.com.

They were supposed to be here by 10:30 - signature required. So I'm a bit nervous that I haven't seen any sign of FedEx yet....

These don't get any bigger than a 50 cent piece. I also have started a couple frags of the blue kenya tree. :D

There are four of those nems on this rock surrounding the trumpets.

20160204_100225_zps8kzaaq1r.jpg

Well, that's kind of cool. What the heck kind of trumpets are those that are green and purple?

I wonder if those would do well in my macro tank. Do they require high par?

(the micro carpets, not the trumpets)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have some really sharp tweezers. Tweezed the base of the bubble off and then used a fishnet to catch all the bubble algae when it would float. I missed a couple I saw today though. ####### bubble algae.

I found bubble algae in my nuvo 20!! :tears:

My little Berghies are arriving today. Enjoy life while you can, Aiptasias!

I also found aiptasia!! But it was in the sand so I sucked that ####er out!!

These don't get any bigger than a 50 cent piece.

Dang they are cute!

I found bubble algae in my nuvo 20!! :tears:

I also found aiptasia!! But it was in the sand so I sucked that ####er out!!

Yeah, I didn't have any bubble algae in my biocube. Or in my 12 long. then I got those Legendary Coral frags back in november and every single one sprouted a shitton of bubble algae.

Where did you order them??

Got one from Lawn about a year ago. Have traded three away and still have 7 left.

From Reeftown.com.

They were supposed to be here by 10:30 - signature required. So I'm a bit nervous that I haven't seen any sign of FedEx yet....

Well, that's kind of cool. What the heck kind of trumpets are those that are green and purple?

I wonder if those would do well in my macro tank. Do they require high par?

(the micro carpets, not the trumpets)

Most are on the bottom of my tank, under leds so medium light. A couple migrated up to the top like they wanted higher light but then bleached out slightly.

Yeah, I didn't have any bubble algae in my biocube. Or in my 12 long. then I got those Legendary Coral frags back in november and every single one sprouted a shitton of bubble algae.

I won't order from Legendary anymore because of the algae that came in on the frag plugs. It was embedded in the zoa frags so bad I couldn't get it out. tried to keep things isolated and treat with peroxide and such, but the zoas finally just melted and I tossed the plugs.

I won't order from Legendary anymore because of the algae that came in on the frag plugs. It was embedded in the zoa frags so bad I couldn't get it out. tried to keep things isolated and treat with peroxide and such, but the zoas finally just melted and I tossed the plugs.

Well that's sad :(

Got one from Lawn about a year ago. Have traded three away and still have 7 left.

Most are on the bottom of my tank, under leds so medium light. A couple migrated up to the top like they wanted higher light but then bleached out slightly.

Mini mini nems is what I think they are called. +1 on the nasty algae from LC I am positive thats how my bubble algae outbreak started in my last tank. I had to tear it down and start over same with Kguske2.

Oh you spoil us!

Same! Got bubble algae and bryopsis from legendary corals. No good :(

Okay, feeling a lot better about purchasing an emerald specifically for the LC frags now. She's done a pretty good job on most, but the hydroids, man..

I haven't gotten hydroids, but on one of the apple berry montiporas, I noticed bryo growing and I tossed the frag. I even dremeled the plug off but it still came back. I haven't glued any of the items down from November yet because of the horrible bubble algae that keeps coming back. I got two blastos that I paid $20 each for and both of those have bubble growing out of the side of the skeletons :wacko: Definitely NOT happy at all.

wow, for the price LC charges, I would expect the frag plugs to be algae free and gold plated...

you'd think.

Yours look like this? Found a old picture

chalice009.jpg

Here are some shots of the bubble algae on the LC plugs. I took these a couple weeks ago. Right now, there are no bubbles on them but I'm pretty sure they'll be back sooner rather than later because I keep cleaning them off and the shit keeps coming back.

k74GnyZ.jpg

Cj4TUIq.jpg

9vzHaBC.jpg

B1EbYMY.jpg

What makes bubble algae thrive? I've seen a bubble here or there in my tank and usually remove it if I can, but it doesn't seem to be a problem at all.

Usually nutrients etc. Although honestly, the stuff on these particular frag plugs is insane. Hard to knock off without popping and really has taken hold. I have had a couple here and there in my tank and have had no problems with the ones regrowing that I get out. The ones on these frag plugs are a whole other level of bubble algae annoyance.

Those pictures bring back bad memories :lol: had an entire frag rack that looked like that too

It's ####ing awful is what it is. And honestly, the other frags I have on the rack do not grow ANY bubble algae. The LC frags - it just keeps coming back again and back again and back again :(

Jeff calls it the black oil :lol: Anyone else get the X-files reference?

It's ####### awful is what it is. And honestly, the other frags I have on the rack do not grow ANY bubble algae. The LC frags - it just keeps coming back again and back again and back again :( Jeff calls it the black oil :lol: Anyone else get the X-files reference?

I think it somehow was growing within the plugs so no matter what you do it comes back. Same happened with bryopsis. I had a nice flowing jungle going at one point :lol:

I think it somehow was growing within the plugs so no matter what you do it comes back. Same happened with bryopsis. I had a nice flowing jungle going at one point :lol:

I'm going to try to razor the polyps off the frag plugs and put them on rubble. We'll see how it goes. If the bubble grows back, they're all getting tossed.

Yours look like this? Found a old picture

chalice009.jpg

I want one :)

Thanks for the heads up on LC - marking them off my list! Found my first bubble algae in Oct. on a piece of rubble my (rip) xenia was on. Scrubbed it out of tank, then painted rock with peroxide, scrubbed, rinsed. The xenia was po'd but came back (til I nuked it with paint fumes). Guess what I saw today on a rock in that tank??? Why is it only the crap we don't want that can survice a nuclear blast (well, and Keith Richards,thankfully).

Thanks for the heads up on LC - marking them off my list! Found my first bubble algae in Oct. on a piece of rubble my (rip) xenia was on. Scrubbed it out of tank, then painted rock with peroxide, scrubbed, rinsed. The xenia was po'd but came back (til I nuked it with paint fumes). Guess what I saw today on a rock in that tank??? Why is it only the crap we don't want that can survice a nuclear blast (well, and Keith Richards,thankfully).

:lol:

Archived