drMzNLs.jpg

Some little green zoas:

F94oJIR.jpg

The twizzlers:

SQfIBxl.jpg

Green anemone stretching:

I2GI1Kj.jpg

Very nice! Page bump :)

Once my corals are no longer living in a frag tank...

Ok, that I can understand :) I was really impressed with the stuff I got from Vivid as well as their packaging and communication!

One of these days I am going to have to take a day trip to Vivid. I keep seeing all this nice stuff you guys/ gals are getting. Does anyone local know if they still have their 800 gallon display tank?

My tank is 13 weeks old today :)

Did some testing before the water change last night.

Nitrates: 6

Phos: .06

Calcium: 420

Alk: 9

Magnesium: 1440 (considering I don't dose mag, I'm pretty sure I did something wrong with the test as this is high)

I also went to war on bubble algae last night and removed what I could see in the tank. Except for the one near the baby RFA as I didn't want to disturb it :)

What did you do to remove the bubble algae?

What did you do to remove the bubble algae?

I have some really sharp tweezers. Tweezed the base of the bubble off and then used a fishnet to catch all the bubble algae when it would float. I missed a couple I saw today though. ####ING bubble algae.

I have some really sharp tweezers. Tweezed the base of the bubble off and then used a fishnet to catch all the bubble algae when it would float. I missed a couple I saw today though. ####### bubble algae.

I would be afraid of breaking them.....I use 3/8s tubing with a hard plastic straw I stole from one of my wifes starbucks cups :lol: I can break it and suck it up at he same time.

I would be afraid of breaking them.....I use 3/8s tubing with a hard plastic straw I stole from one of my wifes starbucks cups :lol: I can break it and suck it up at he same time.

Pretty sure I popped a couple. So, do you scrape the straw over the bubble? How long of a 3/8 tube piece do you use? I tried that and when I'd move around to siphon another one, I kept knocking the tubing out of the bucket :lol:

Pretty sure I popped a couple. So, do you scrape the straw over the bubble? How long of a 3/8 tube piece do you use? I tried that and when I'd move around to siphon another one, I kept knocking the tubing out of the bucket :lol:

I think it is 10 feet or so. Home Depot sells it in a certain length and I just used it all and leave it curled up in the bucket. Also great for sucking up detritus.

Yes on scraping it

i just grab them with my fingers.

i just grab them with my fingers.

I do that at times also. but try to avoid my hands in the tank sometimes.....I have a nice 2 foot long set of tweezers :lol: anyone want to try and pluck and eyelash or eyebrow :o

Looking good from what we can see in your pictures!.. I see a TOTM in your future.

:blush: wow. That's nice of you to say! but notice I don't show many full tank shots because it is a disorganized mess at the moment :) And I think the tank is too big to be considered for the featured profile. But honestly, you made my day :) And back at you! I can't wait to see that big tank set up :)

My little Berghies are arriving today. Enjoy life while you can, Aiptasias!

When they have conquered your problem you should send me a couple with some Macros and then I will send you a bunch of xenia and one of my micro mini carpets if you want. They split again and I have about 6 in the tank.

When they have conquered your problem you should send me a couple with some Macros and then I will send you a bunch of xenia and one of my micro mini carpets if you want. They split again and I have about 6 in the tank.

:) I would definitely love the xenia! Carpet nems scare the crap out of me :lol:

:) I would definitely love the xenia! Carpet nems scare the crap out of me :lol:

These don't get any bigger than a 50 cent piece. I also have started a couple frags of the blue kenya tree. :D

There are four of those nems on this rock surrounding the trumpets.

20160204_100225_zps8kzaaq1r.jpg

Archived