inTank Media Baskets

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

I just witnessed one of my rock flower nems taking a ride around the tank on the back of a mexican turbo. It is pretty funny.... Not sure the turbo cares, the RFA seems a bit disturbed.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just witnessed one of my rock flower nems taking a ride around the tank on the back of a mexican turbo. It is pretty funny.... Not sure the turbo cares, the RFA seems a bit disturbed.

:lol: RFA's aren't very smart. Probably comes from having no brain :)

:lol: RFA's aren't very smart. Probably comes from having no brain :)

HA! You're probably right! the turbo is now turboing around the glass with the RFA in tow. It's hilarious.

When I bought 5 or 6 for my 34g I saw them the day I put them in, then next day I saw 2 on one rock near an aptasia, then I never saw them again. So while I did see them the first day eating some, I never saw them again shortly after that and I had no shrimp to eat them, no crabs in there, just 6 line. I didn't have luck unfortunately, they just disappeared.

When I bought 5 or 6 for my 34g I saw them the day I put them in, then next day I saw 2 on one rock near an aptasia, then I never saw them again. So while I did see them the first day eating some, I never saw them again shortly after that and I had no shrimp to eat them, no crabs in there, just 6 line. I didn't have luck unfortunately, they just disappeared.

Wrasses definitely eat them. I read that part when I was ordering. I wonder if that is what happened with yours.

HA! You're probably right! the turbo is now turboing around the glass with the RFA in tow. It's hilarious.

Maybe it was talking to my urchin and got the idea.

Maybe it was talking to my urchin and got the idea.

I totally thought about your urchin when I saw it! They motored up the glass together a little bit then when I came back in, the nem was back down in a corner.

I found one of my RFAs on the complete opposite side of the tank, all alone! Silly nems. It's about three inches from the BTA so I wish it the best of luck!

Give it till Superbowl time Stella will get board and buy them :)

:lol: OMFG I was just thinking that as I looked at all the pretty $19.99 ones they have :)

they have so many this time =P. Just hard to tell the size from the pics...

Yeah, I do wish sizes would be listed. I haven't had any that were smaller than an inch or so. Yet :)

So Mac thought he'd help me do a little gawking:

NUjtYcx.jpg

Then we looked at one more closely:

dW5t8pp.jpg

I think he likes the striped one:

xpUuTuT.jpg

NQ5BsqR.jpg

He didn't much care for this one though:

haXn9OY.jpg

And Franklin couldn't care less.

9ZTXqiT.jpg

Archived