Innovative Marine Aquariums

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
natalia_la_loca

Hi Natalia!!!!! Where you been, chica?????

I've been biking, working out, hibernating, working on a painting commission, designing a bike jersey, and developing a new tank so simple even I won't screw it up :) it's nice to be back!

I've been biking, working out, hibernating, working on a painting commission, designing a bike jersey, and developing a new tank so simple even I won't screw it up :) it's nice to be back!

Holy crap. I just got stressed out reading that :lol: Good to see you back :) I am heading over to your thread now!

OK so you need a nem, a blue kenya tree and xenia in trade for the berghias and...?

What do you need? Macros? I'm a bit nervous to ship the berghias after some horror stories I've heard so I need to do a little research. I am saving the acclimation instructions though.

Here's the jar the berghies shipped in. Instructions say to lean the jar against a rock where there are aiptasia. Well, that could be any of a bunch of different rocks :lol: Keeping moonlights on only for the little guys so kind of hard to see.

dtUyhrx.jpg

I had 6 Berghias in my 34 and I saw them for a a few days then never saw the berghias again but did see the aptasia. I hope you have better luck with them.

Here's the jar the berghies shipped in. Instructions say to lean the jar against a rock where there are aiptasia. Well, that could be any of a bunch of different rocks :lol: Keeping moonlights on only for the little guys so kind of hard to see.

There are instructions for a reason. We had one customer get pissed when he dropped the Berghia on the Aiptasia and it was eaten.

Well, hello cute little white puffballs! too bad you don't eat bubble algae along with aiptasia!

dk4Cuih.jpg

Ahhh yeah!

Those are my favorite little dudes....just be patient, they'll kick ass.

Ahhh yeah!

Those are my favorite little dudes....just be patient, they'll kick ass.

They're still in the plastic jar in the tank :) moving around now in there so maybe they'll go on the hunt. I don't have any fish that would eat them but didn't think of my cleaner shrimp! I have to look that up.

There are instructions for a reason. We had one customer get pissed when he dropped the Berghia on the Aiptasia and it was eaten.

I have the jar on its side on a rock that has about 10 aiptasia but they're some distance from them so I hope they can find them! Probably about 5" from the actual aiptasias

I was just stalking the tank since I have lights out for the berghia. 6 of the 8 are now out of the jar - and guess what? Four have surrounded a pretty big aiptasia and are going to town :happydance:

I was just stalking the tank since I have lights out for the berghia. 6 of the 8 are now out of the jar - and guess what? Four have surrounded a pretty big aiptasia and are going to town :happydance:

omgomgomg Go little guys, go! omgomgomg

I may have to hit you up at some point down the line since I want the 40g nem tank to look natural like Gertie's with macros. My 20g currently has caulerpa and the red macro that I can't remember it's name, and getting some gracilaria coming in tomorrow.

I may have to hit you up at some point down the line since I want the 40g nem tank to look natural like Gertie's with macros. My 20g currently has caulerpa and the red macro that I can't remember it's name, and getting some gracilaria coming in tomorrow.

I have a lot of different kinds of reds. I have to see what is in the fuge :lol: It's a disaster.

Pretty sure I'm going to be having some more macro packs up for sale shortly...

KoPWXPs.jpg

wowzers she's packed. look forward to see the macro packs. I'm in the process of converting my 28gal jbj led pro over to macro because the stock LEDs don't seem to do much for coral. Normally I order from live-plants.com (I got a few things on the way) but most their inventory is sold out until spring. Did manage to score some blue hypnea, calerpa prolifera and a purp gorg from them. Also got some dragons breath, codium and some other bristly red macro from a fleabay seller. Depending on what you have listed I might have to grab a pack from you as well.

wowzers she's packed. look forward to see the macro packs. I'm in the process of converting my 28gal jbj led pro over to macro because the stock LEDs don't seem to do much for coral. Normally I order from live-plants.com (I got a few things on the way) but most their inventory is sold out until spring. Did manage to score some blue hypnea, calerpa prolifera and a purp gorg from them. Also got some dragons breath, codium and some other bristly red macro from a fleabay seller. Depending on what you have listed I might have to grab a pack from you as well.

:lol: Fleabay. I'll be listing up some hayi for sure as it is outgrowing my fuge. I'll take stock over the weekend and post them up.

I love live-plants.com! Russ is a great guy. It has been cold down there so he indicated collection has stopped for now.

:lol: Fleabay. I'll be listing up some hayi for sure as it is outgrowing my fuge. I'll take stock over the weekend and post them up.

I love live-plants.com! Russ is a great guy. It has been cold down there so he indicated collection has stopped for now.

They actually have a few things in stock.....I did not realize he had gorgonians also B) I might have to make an order tonight when I get home....

Ok, first I have to apologize - I shouldn't have posted about the bubble algae on the Legendary Corals plugs without talking to Darwin first - and I didn't. I was just so disheartened that I couldn't get rid of it on the frag plugs, so I posted it here. Darwin contacted me overnight with a very nice PM, so I do want to apologize for airing my troubles here without talking to him first.

Second, I moved the 12 long last night. What a PITA it is to move tanks. And it's just a 12 gallon :lol:

They actually have a few things in stock.....I did not realize he had gorgonians also B) I might have to make an order tonight when I get home....

Yeah, they do! the big purple whip in the right side front of my tank is from Russ. His prices are great and you get very generous portions of algae as well as very large gorgonians. I have also ordered the stocky ceriths, dwarf ceriths and virgin nerites from Russ as well. The virgin nerites have now become my favorite snails. They're small so they don't pop corals off rocks like the large nerites and they actually move around the tank a lot rather than sitting on the water line.

omgomgomg Go little guys, go! omgomgomg

Of course I may be imagining this, but the aiptasia that were located within a few inches of a jar look to be gone :o

Many more to go and the berghies are hiding now, but wow. I'm so excited. If this works, it will be the best purchase evaaaaahhhh

Re bubble algae, read a thread on rc last night on different methods - one was to fill an insulin or other small syringe w/ needle with hydrogen peroxide and inject the bubbles. Since I only have one - that I know of - at the moment in the 10, going to try it.

Archived