Cultivated Reef

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aiptasia only. They need to be passed on to someone else....or they die.

They just die :lol: as finding them can be a PITA........

Hell if you do find them Stella I know member who could use them :lol: He seems to have a bunch of LE Ghost Palys......

Hell if you do find them Stella I know member who could use them :lol: He seems to have a bunch of LE Ghost Palys......

When I had mine, they were out 24 / 7. Especially when the food supply was gone. I got every last one out with a turkey baster....just sucked them up over the course of a few weeks.

Although, I had Sooo many of those collector ghost palys that the slug bunnies were the size of caterpillars by the time they completed their mission.

Not reef photos, but I thought these were cool. My mom found some old photos of my great grandparents' restaurant when it was first opened. They ran it for 40-50+ years, these photos are from around 1920 or so and they sold the restaurant and retired in 1964.

I9TYSqG.jpg?1

pD3Jzbp.jpg?1

That looks like two different restaurants. Did they remodel at one point? I love these old photos! The bottom photo reminds me a lot of a place in Ft. Wayne, IN. called Coney Island. I would love to have a place like that and turn it into an ice cream shop. That was a dream of mine for a while :).

That looks like two different restaurants. Did they remodel at one point? I love these old photos! The bottom photo reminds me a lot of a place in Ft. Wayne, IN. called Coney Island. I would love to have a place like that and turn it into an ice cream shop. That was a dream of mine for a while :).

They did remodel! The bottom photo is the remodel - I think a couple years after they bought it. My great grandmother was known for her pies and stuff like that so they put in the bakery case.

You should resurrect the dream!

They did remodel! The bottom photo is the remodel - I think a couple years after they bought it. My great grandmother was known for her pies and stuff like that so they put in the bakery case.

You should resurrect the dream!

We seriously considered it for awhile. Maybe after we move out of here :). What a showcase for her pies!!!! Take photos when you visit the place again..I'd love to see if that bakery case is still there!

We seriously considered it for awhile. Maybe after we move out of here :). What a showcase for her pies!!!! Take photos when you visit the place again..I'd love to see if that bakery case is still there!

I will for sure! Jeff and I might head up there this weekend - there's a new fish store nearby :lol:

I already called dibs. :lol:

I've been slacking on the photos so here's one of the cabbage leather that has gotten huge!

nbqXeNr.jpg

And the clowns in their toadstool (or one of the toads - they've taken all the toads over :) )

627DTc8.jpg

I've been slacking on the photos so here's one of the cabbage leather that has gotten huge!

nbqXeNr.jpg

And the clowns in their toadstool (or one of the toads - they've taken all the toads over :) )

627DTc8.jpg

Slacker :P Clowns and Weeds ;)

I love those clowns in the toads :wub:

Thanks Teeny! They bounce from toad to toad. it's pretty funny. Then at night the taller one retracts its polyps and they both move on to one that is open. it cracks me up.

Slacker :P Clowns and Weeds ;)

HA! You know I love my weeds. And clowns. And I know you definitely do NOT love your weeds and clowns :lol:

Looking great Stella.

Still playing with settings or have you found a good ratio?

-Dave

Thanks Dave! I am still kinda playing around with the settings. Right now, I'm running the t5s during the midday cycle for 4 hours and I'm thinking I'll eventually bump that up to 5 and then ultimately 6. I started the LEDs out at about 35% intensity and have been bumping up 5% per week. So far so good! I did figure out the coloring I like though :) I love having all the channels to play with - it really gives you a lot of flexibility to get the coloring to where you want it. I also like that I can adjust at different intervals as well :) So in the evening, it ends up going to a blue dominated color which really makes the fluorescence pop. It's fun :lol: And of course I like running storms just because. Who doesn't love lightening storms?

Archived