Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

natalia_la_loca

A couple photos for today. The aiptasia is really happy and nice and flowy. Enjoy what's left of your time in my tank, Aiptasias :lol:

blurry photobomb

And a FTS since I haven't posted one in a bit.

so beautiful :wub: :wub: :wub: love that photobomb!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so beautiful :wub: :wub: :wub: love that photobomb!

Thanks Nat!!!!

we are saved

I didn't even feel remotely bad about it either :) Sometimes I actually feel bad killing aiptasia :blush:

:) Aren't you fancy! Actually, for whatever reason, personally I'm not a fan of the plate corals. Not sure why.

Not sure Fancy is the term :lol:

I have always liked a nice plate coral for some reason. And the big one I have now with the blue tips on the tentacles is just nice to watch flow in the current. LFS had about 10 of them this weekend but they were all what I have already.......

:scarry: God, I sure hope that thing didn't reproduce.

There all over down there watch out next time your hand goes in the tank and moves something :o

I know I started with dry rock in my tank and well moved a piece of rock and whats under it a 2 inch bristle worm.......

natalia_la_loca

Sometimes I actually feel bad killing aiptasia :blush:

I don't feel bad at all about killing aiptasia, but I feel terrible killing bristle worms when I do peroxide treatments of frags, even though they totally creep me out. It's interesting the things we do or don't feel guilty about killing.

Many, many times I've rescued amphipods and asterinas from the sink when cleaning equipment...

So much color omgomgomg:). Is that a corky finger on the right in this photo? The fluffiest gorg? I love those!

It is a corky finger! I got it from KP. It's freaking huge lol. I don't think I expected to be that big! And thank you, Gena :)

I don't feel bad at all about killing aiptasia, but I feel terrible killing bristle worms when I do peroxide treatments of frags, even though they totally creep me out. It's interesting the things we do or don't feel guilty about killing.

Many, many times I've rescued amphipods and asterinas from the sink when cleaning equipment...

I always rescue the amphipods, brittle stars and asterinas too :) But if I happen to see an aiptasia floating down the sink, i don't rescue it :lol: I don't mind the smaller bristle worms - but the big fat ones :blink: those scare me :lol:

It is a corky finger! I got it from KP. It's freaking huge lol. I don't think I expected to be that big! And thank you, Gena :)

I would love to have one but read that they are very aggressive. Not that they send out sweepers but if they touch another coral they can hurt that other coral. I just don't have the space to give one of those, unfortunately.

I would love to have one but read that they are very aggressive. Not that they send out sweepers but if they touch another coral they can hurt that other coral. I just don't have the space to give one of those, unfortunately.

Yeah, I have mine up on one of the branches - hard to see it from that angle, but it's not within reaching distance of anything else, even if it grows another three branches. I think it has some serious toxins it releases.

A corky is aggressive? I have one touching gorgonians and other corals with no problems :unsure:

A corky is aggressive? I have one touching gorgonians and other corals with no problems :unsure:

That's good to know! I know they can aggressively spread and if they shed, the toxins can irritate things. But this is good to hear :)

Looking good stella! I love all your gorgs! And I have gone to great length to rescue mini brittle stars, but when it comes to aiptasia...no way!

Strange how things change over the years. Used to be if you saw a bristle worm most people would kill it and even buy traps. Now people want them and even buy/trade for them. Good to see we still have a good ole worm killer!

A couple photos for today. The aiptasia is really happy and nice and flowy. Enjoy what's left of your time in my tank, Aiptasias :lol:

UmGAVYk.jpg

Love all the color in this picture!!!

So last night when I was gluing stuff up, I found a fireworm about 3" long and about 1/4 inch wide. The thing scared the crap out of me. It was in a plug a gorg was on and likely came with the gorg so I've had it in my tank since about early December :scarry: God, I sure hope that thing didn't reproduce.

405.jpg

jedimasterben

Yes - they will overgrow anything around them since they spread so quickly and also emit lots of allelopathic toxins. :blink: That's why when i got one as a freebie from KPA I threw it outside.

Not sure Fancy is the term :lol:

I have always liked a nice plate coral for some reason. And the big one I have now with the blue tips on the tentacles is just nice to watch flow in the current. LFS had about 10 of them this weekend but they were all what I have already.......

There all over down there watch out next time your hand goes in the tank and moves something :o

I know I started with dry rock in my tank and well moved a piece of rock and whats under it a 2 inch bristle worm.......

I actually do like the plate coral you got :)

And omg! No! I hope they're not all over in my tank! I had a nightmare about worms last night.

I actually do like the plate coral you got :)

And omg! No! I hope they're not all over in my tank! I had a nightmare about worms last night.

Last night I was feeding after lights out and what came out :lol: grabbed the 24" tweezers and out it went.......

Last night I was feeding after lights out and what came out :lol: grabbed the 24" tweezers and out it went.......

freaking worms!!! Where'd you get the 24" tweezers? I've been looking for some

Archived