One of my LE ghost polyps:

buGyNeI.jpg

Another gorg:

b82Srge.jpg

Torch:

BZjWFi9.jpg

Blasto:

kaLwJC0.jpg

And I forgot some photos of RFAs! What was I thinking. They're all sorts of contorted today so I'm hoping that means they'll spawn :)

ZYedbPB.jpg

EvdqRx9.jpg

7scYVyo.jpg

CaHNLXB.jpg

Crab is fishing for food:

MKytbg2.jpg

This one looks all bent out of shape :lol:

UE3USn2.jpg

New page quote! The pictures look great - I had to check to make sure I was in the right thread when I saw so many pictures!

New page quote! The pictures look great - I had to check to make sure I was in the right thread when I saw so many pictures!

:lol: Thanks for bringing over to the new page and that comment cracked me up :)

How are you doing, Yoshii????

I'm doing good :) I've missed being on NR! Glad to see this tank is doing good!

So many pictures! Those rock flower nems look amazing! Do they spawn often?

Great close ups! I love the yellow on those palys!

And of course I love the flowers! You got some nice closeups.

thanks Annette! I love those polyps too! It was just a mixed no-name frag I got from Glenn. I really like the coloring of those and the ones next to it.

I'm doing good :) I've missed being on NR! Glad to see this tank is doing good!

So many pictures! Those rock flower nems look amazing! Do they spawn often?

How's school? Good? Are you enjoying it? We've missed YOU on NR! and thanks :) I wish I could take photos half as good as you!

I am loving the rock flowers :) I've seen them spawn three times now - all within a three week period about a month and a half ago. But I'm thinking I've just missed some other spawning events.

And that blasto is gorgeous!

Thanks A!

Great pics!!!! I love the closeups of the gorgs the best :).

The day is not complete unless the dogs steal your seat.

Hey, that rhymes!

gUuzT16.jpg

There's Chloe's twin :wub:. Cute picture :wub:. Chloe is wearing the donut of shame right now. She had the cone of shame but I thought getting her a donut would be nicer for her. She keeps licking her back on the side and she's losing hair where she licks. Instead of spending even MORE money on her I want to see if this will do the trick. If she starts it up again I guess off to a doggie dermatologist she goes :lol::(.

Great new pics.....love the dog pic too? How ya liking your skimmer? Have you been able to pull some "coffee" dark out? I am not able to get it that dark. ?

Great pics!!!! I love the closeups of the gorgs the best :).There's Chloe's twin :wub:. Cute picture :wub:. Chloe is wearing the donut of shame right now. She had the cone of shame but I thought getting her a donut would be nicer for her. She keeps licking her back on the side and she's losing hair where she licks. Instead of spending even MORE money on her I want to see if this will do the trick. If she starts it up again I guess off to a doggie dermatologist she goes :lol::(.

I love gorgs :) so fluffy and flowy!

Aww poor Chloe! I remember those days :( Stella used to chew her hair off all the time. Once she started taking that allergy medication apoquel, it literally was life changing for her. Allergy shots didn't work. Steroids. Nothing. But for over a year now she has been great!

Great new pics.....love the dog pic too How ya liking your skimmer? Have you been able to pull some "coffee" dark out? I am not able to get it that dark.

Thanks Sk8n!!! I'm loving the skimmer! I'm getting nice dark disgusting skimmate for sure. How about you?

Just saw the last sentence. That's frustrating.

I love gorgs :) so fluffy and flowy!

Aww poor Chloe! I remember those days :( Stella used to chew her hair off all the time. Once she started taking that allergy medication apoquel, it literally was life changing for her. Allergy shots didn't work. Steroids. Nothing. But for over a year now she has been great!

Thanks Sk8n!!! I'm loving the skimmer! I'm getting nice dark disgusting skimmate for sure. How about you? Just saw the last sentence. That's frustrating.

How deep is the water you have it running in........this is all I get ? It's in about 8" of water. The tube gets some nasty brown build up but not so much in the collection cup

An43flp.jpg

How deep is the water you have it running in........this is all I get It's in about 8" of water. The tube gets some nasty brown build up but not so much in the collection cup

An43flp.jpg

Mine is in about 8" of water as well. Huh. Yeah, that's totally different than mine. Mine you can't see through at all. Have you tried different settings on the dial? I would turn it to 0 and see if that gets you some drier skim. Which skimmer do you have?

Nice pics slacker ;)

Thanks Spectra :) I decided I slacked long enough so I overachieved a bit and dumped a bunch at the same time :)

Did you see my LE Ghost Paly? :lol:

mind posting a pic of ur skimmer collection cup? i am interested to know what's dark / dry skim is like.

Here's the grossness in all its glory:

zwVU54j.jpg

This is actually an older photo... I'll get one today when I clean it out during a water change.

Mine is in about 8" of water as well. Huh. Yeah, that's totally different than mine. Mine you can't see through at all. Have you tried different settings on the dial? I would turn it to 0 and see if that gets you some drier skim. Which skimmer do you have?

I have the 301. Ya, I adjust it quite a bit to try and run it dry but it won't even reach the cup if you go to low. It's pretty sensitive - very slight turns and changes the water height. I get a solid black/brown waste in the top of the tube but it doesn't spill over ?

The dog/cat pics are amazing ? Yup that the skimate I want ? Can not get it no matter what I do. The skimmer will run with nothing spilling over for days if I adjust the water level to low

As I said- I get that build up in the tube just before it spills over but it doesn't get in the collection cup. I have to wipe down the tube to get it out

I have the 301. Ya, I adjust it quite a bit to try and run it dry but it won't even reach the cup if you go to low. It's pretty sensitive - very slight turns and changes the water height. I get a solid black/brown waste in the top of the tube but it doesn't spill over

The dog/cat pics are amazing Yup that the skimate I want Can not get it no matter what I do. The skimmer will run with nothing spilling over for days if I adjust the water level to low

hmm. Mine I think is a different setup than the 301. It was pretty sensitive after I gave it a vinegar bath and it would go crazy and skim wet really easily. I took out the tube and ran it fully open for a week and then it was nice and broken in again. I haven't had too much trouble dialing it in. Maybe see if you can sell that one and get the 302? Although the footprint of mine is HUGE. I also feed really heavily - not sure if that would have an impact. Or what about placing it on a little lift or something? Just to raise it a bit more out of the water.

Can you get a side shot so I can see where your keeping the water level at? Could the tank be running to clean at this point- no fish in there but I am feeding daily with liquid and flake for the corals and hermits. I am not running any carbon or GFO at the moment

Can you get a side shot so I can see where your keeping the water level at? Could the tank be running to clean at this point- no fish in there but I am feeding daily with liquid and flake for the corals and hermits. I am not running any carbon or GFO at the moment

Sure thing! hold please :)

No rush- it's "morning coffee time".

:lol: Yes, it is! but I had one already in imgur! So I didn't even need to get off my a$$ to get you the photo :lol:

AK9Rvjs.jpg

That's perfect- I have a ton of bubbles coming out the bottom of my blue tube?? Looks like less water yours is sitting too. I am getting a lot through the main tube but it's blasting out the blue one too. I'll go grab a pic.......stand by please ? I'll have to get up

Archived