SaltCritters.com

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

Is the fiji from Vivid? I got mine from Scales 'n Tails here in Burbank. But they all get them from the same place at LAX. It's just who gets there soonest and picks the best stuff for their store. They must have had a big shipment of the fiji leathers the last week or two :).It was down all day yesterday! Finally it's back! I won't change though. I like photobucket. I've never had an issue before this.

I won't change either :)

So, I have come to the conclusion that I despise the SCA stand and sump. The sump baffles are so short the skimmer doesn't have the proper water depth to skim even remotely close to efficiently / effectively. The sump requires almost the entire footprint of the stand making for almost zero room for anything under the stand. Love the actual tank, but the stand sucks ass.

I feel another almost completed project coming on.....

lmfao "almost"
  • Like 3

Maybe I'll see you there today LOL.

I'd love to, but I cant.....although I was contemplating as I have a bunch of store credit to blow through. Weekdays are better for me as I'm all over and can generally stop in on the way home.....or its over an hour round trip just in drive time. You should definitely go in and check it out. They emptied their giant tank and are in the process of rebuilding. ...going to be a mixed reef with Radion and ATI combos across the entire tank.

• Like 3

So, I have come to the conclusion that I despise the SCA stand and sump. The sump baffles are so short the skimmer doesn't have the proper water depth to skim even remotely close to efficiently / effectively. The sump requires almost the entire footprint of the stand making for almost zero room for anything under the stand. Love the actual tank, but the stand sucks ass.

I feel another almost completed project coming on.....

Can't you just increase the water level?

I agree that the sump takes up the whole tank and that is a pita - but I like having a larger sump for the fuge aspect. But yeah. Hear you on that. I also am not a fan of black stands so I am still going to skin it with beadboard - someday :)

• Like 1

C10E5A95-BDF2-4C6D-BB6E-F0236EC303D8.png

Bradley, please!

Can't you just increase the water level?

I agree that the sump takes up the whole tank and that is a pita - but I like having a larger sump for the fuge aspect. But yeah. Hear you on that. I also am not a fan of black stands so I am still going to skin it with beadboard - someday :)

Ya, I suppose I could just clamp some acrylic to the baffles to dam up the water level. I too hate the cheap look of the black crap....bead board and shaker style for the win!

• Like 1

Bradley, please!

Ya, I suppose I could just clamp some acrylic to the baffles to dam up the water level. I too hate the cheap look of the black crap....bead board and shaker style for the win!

Omg I feel like a dummy. What do you mean increase the height of the baffles? I just put more water in the sump - water runs about an inch higher than the baffles -

• Like 1

Omg I feel like a dummy. What do you mean increase the height of the baffles? I just put more water in the sump - water runs about an inch higher than the baffles -

I need like another 4".......of water height :^ )

• Like 1

Well, the hammer dude may have came through. Just with ambient light...cloudy out, saw orange in the bag...and he threw in a bunch of freebies......

NICE! PHOTOS! NOW!

And I would like to stake claim to the first Jackhammer Frag!

• Like 2

I'd love to, but I cant.....although I was contemplating as I have a bunch of store credit to blow through. Weekdays are better for me as I'm all over and can generally stop in on the way home.....or its over an hour round trip just in drive time. You should definitely go in and check it out. They emptied their giant tank and are in the process of rebuilding. ...going to be a mixed reef with Radion and ATI combos across the entire tank.

I went :).

It was sad to see that big tank empty...except for some rocks and a man sitting inside of it aquascaping :lol:.

• Like 2

NICE! PHOTOS! NOW!And I would like to stake claim to the first Jackhammer Frag!

for some reason I imagine jack calls himself the jackhammer more often. Than he should.
  • Like 5

Very nice sir.

Thanks bud.

that's a sweet acan! I've never seen a truly pink one like that :wub:

Ya, got this one 3 or 4 years ago. Survived all of the shitstorms, 3 tanks and is finally popping some heads out.....got it with 1 or two grew, lost a lot of it, now growing again. I think she's pretty.

for some reason I imagine jack calls himself the jackhammer more often. Than he should.

Pretty convinced you somehow have cameras in my house.....
  • Like 3

Are you out and about driving in this wind? I hate wind! Too many trees come down out here when it's like this. California trees are dangerous!

LOL, just a little. Back in the office......we almost blew away.last night.....wind was pretty crazy.

Did you pick up anything from vivid?

• Like 2

LOL, just a little. Back in the office......we almost blew away.last night.....wind was pretty crazy.

Did you pick up anything from vivid?

It's so damn cold out there today LOL.

I did..I bought a turquoise kenya tree :).

• Like 1