Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kimber's tank is getting swapped!

kimberbee

jedimasterben

Yup, I'm just glad they are happy in the new tank :)

Doing something right, then, as T. micrantha has SUCH a poor track record in captivity :)

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing something right, then, as T. micrantha has SUCH a poor track record in captivity :)

I've had it since early November, so far so good!! fingerscrossed

Good morning from the reefs!! (yes, it's evening now...)

25730347934_9aa493c4a9_z.jpg

The room my tanks are in is so bright when the sun is out. I really like it, and hope my fishes do too. :wub:

That really sucks. Did you dip it? I'm planning to dip all my euphyllia this week during a water change... Just in case...

The new tanks are looking AWESOME! I missed all this!

It was a horribly long day to get everything moved over. But I'm really happy with how they look so far. I've been really good about hands in the tank only Wednesday (water change day) and Saturday - unless something is in danger of dying. I figure this way, things have a chance to get used to the new tank before I screw around and make all my corals unhappy again.

The only issue I've had (which just happened yesterday) was that the Smart ATO didn't kick on all day yesterday. Not a huge deal since I check on my equipment a few times a day, but it still makes me worry. I unplugged/replugged it and hopefully it has no more issues.

It was a horribly long day to get everything moved over. But I'm really happy with how they look so far. I've been really good about hands in the tank only Wednesday (water change day) and Saturday - unless something is in danger of dying. I figure this way, things have a chance to get used to the new tank before I screw around and make all my corals unhappy again.

The only issue I've had (which just happened yesterday) was that the Smart ATO didn't kick on all day yesterday. Not a huge deal since I check on my equipment a few times a day, but it still makes me worry. I unplugged/replugged it and hopefully it has no more issues.

That's scary. I hate when equipment does funky crap like that. I'll keep my fingers crossed!!!

That's scary. I hate when equipment does funky crap like that. I'll keep my fingers crossed!!!

33 days till I go on a week-long vacation... I need my equipment to be working!!

Pinner Reef

33 days till I go on a week-long vacation... I need my equipment to be working!!

This is always nerve racking. Going anywhere fun?

Same here. I am going for a week to the Caribbean on May 14th. Where are you going?

That really sucks. Did you dip it? I'm planning to dip all my euphyllia this week during a water change... Just in case...

I just noticed some flatworms on my frogspawn too, that was next to the hammer. I dipped the hammer and about 40-50 flatworms came off. I am sure I didn't get all of them....

Absolutely loving these two tanks! You did a fantastic job. I have a little 20 Fusion that is running out of room. I would love to set up a 40 like yours but sadly no room to put it. Looking forward to watching your tanks grow.

This is always nerve racking. Going anywhere fun?

Yup!! Week long beach vacation to celebrate one year anniversary!!

Same here. I am going for a week to the Caribbean on May 14th. Where are you going?

I just noticed some flatworms on my frogspawn too, that was next to the hammer. I dipped the hammer and about 40-50 flatworms came off. I am sure I didn't get all of them....

Awesome! We leave the same day!! We are headed to an all inclusive in Riviera Maya!

Flatworms are so nasty!! I think I'll be dipping every week during my water change (cause I can use my old water for the dip and rinse) until nothing comes off... <_<

Absolutely loving these two tanks! You did a fantastic job. I have a little 20 Fusion that is running out of room. I would love to set up a 40 like yours but sadly no room to put it. Looking forward to watching your tanks grow.

Thanks!! I really liked having the 20, but I just didn't have the room to upgrade my biocube and keep the 20. You work with what you can!! No plans to move now for at least 5 years, so plenty of time to let things grow and mature!

26272078635_ec01ee336d_z.jpg

I can't wait to get in there tonight and move things around...

From this angle it looks like one wispy rock scape. Artistic. And with the flowing corals, even more wispy. I like it a lot. Putting in a request for a video from this angle.... :flower:

Yup!! Week long beach vacation to celebrate one year anniversary!!

Awesome! We leave the same day!! We are headed to an all inclusive in Riviera Maya!

Flatworms are so nasty!! I think I'll be dipping every week during my water change (cause I can use my old water for the dip and rinse) until nothing comes off... <_<

omg, my wife and I are celebrating our anniversary too =P. Hahah. Let's hope we both get good weather on our trip!

what are you using for the dip? CoralRX? Revive?

From this angle it looks like one wispy rock scape. Artistic. And with the flowing corals, even more wispy. I like it a lot. Putting in a request for a video from this angle.... :flower:

I think I can manage that!

Looks like I'm getting diatoms in the front left corner. Not surprised...

26388786545_1b546079f1_z.jpg

And since yesterday was National Pet day!!

25786047883_cb4602a1c4_z.jpg

26115961300_926dce1096_z.jpg26388783555_e34c9c577e_z.jpg

omg, my wife and I are celebrating our anniversary too =P. Hahah. Let's hope we both get good weather on our trip!

what are you using for the dip? CoralRX? Revive?

50/50 of tank water and hydrogen peroxide

OMG...love the Pics of ur other Critters! Especially the Little Fur ball laying on ur Basset Hound. :wub:

Cat is mine, dogs are my BF's. His newfie is my favorite pup... shhh, don't tell the other two!!

Cat is mine, dogs are my BF's. His newfie is my favorite pup... shhh, don't tell the other two!!

DAMN! How'd I miss the NEWF? My Wife and I LOVE! :wub::wub::wub: LOVE :wub: NEWFS! Awesome Dogs! :wub:

Prolly the angle of the Pic ? :rolleyes:

Mr. Microscope

Wow! Those plates! Very nice. I'm digging the new tank. Well done!

Looks like that satosa is getting sizable as well.

Lookin good Kimberbee! I like the squishy plates I think they are on the sand :)

The mag rock is a really nice touch!!

They are so puffy, like pillows!! I want to sleep on them... :blush:

Archived