Coral Vue Hydros

Kimber's tank is getting swapped!

kimberbee

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah...

During the move I noticed my newest (though still many months old) hammer had some flatworms on it, just like when I brought it home. I was super pissed.

Did another hydrogen peroxide dip on it and about 20 nasty little bugs fell off.

Next water change I'm probably going to dip all my hammers/frogspawn just to see if the older ones have anything on them.

Reef bugs gross me the **** out...

New page new pic?

25640478123_5fe3d11a45_z.jpg

Still have a few things to move around but I'm keeping my hands out till Wednesday if I can help it.

I know I'm not happy with the back right corner.

There's a colt coral and a thick finger leather in the back on the sand, and I can tell they just aren't happy there. I may consider moving my sun corals to that back corner since it gets very little light.

I think the neon toadstool is getting blasted too hard so I may need to adjust the RW-4, but the duncan loves the flow as-is so I'm not too sure about that. Toadie just might need a new spot.

There's also the idaho grape cap and an anemone hiding behind the neon toad at the top of the rock that aren't getting any light. It's ok for the nem, cause I want it out of the tank anyway (I hope he starts moving soon so I can get him to the other tank), but that might be just a waste of rock considering it gets no light...

Thought it was kind of neato that I can look through one tank and into the other. I can get all my fishes in one shot this way!!

25668666223_2b1cffc372_z.jpg

26205152661_ba793c08b1_z.jpg

I'm thinking of moving the right side rock to the left side of the tank and sort of scooting everything to the right.

I really like it as is but it needs to be pleasing to you. Maybe just try re-angling that rock in the back right more toward the hammer? Then if you don't like it angled go ahead and move to the left side.

I really like it as is but it needs to be pleasing to you. Maybe just try re-angling that rock in the back right more toward the hammer? Then if you don't like it angled go ahead and move to the left side.

Good idea, I will try that first.

Though I do have one leftover rock from before my move that didn't make it into the tank. I am thinking of using it in that corner for the sun corals and maybe some dendros. A nice little nps cove in that corner. Maybe with room to add a tube nem in the sand where the colt coral is now... However I want to add a mandarin or pipefish pair down the road once my pod population grows again and am not sure that would be the best idea with a tube nem.

really like your duncan. mine doesn't have long tentacles like yours. maybe i need to put somewhere with more flow

It it just loving life in my tank, but it does fight with my hammers!

I have the rock angled so there is a little rock peak between the two!

Let me see if I can find a pic from when I first got it...

25669791454_ffd53bd422_z.jpg

13 months ago in the Biocube with 3 heads and 2 babies. It's easily 5+ adult heads and 6+ babies popping out all over the place!

Two hours moving stuff around, stirring up dirt, and everything looks the same, just way cloudier. :angry:

25684054974_62d9fbde81_z.jpg

That stupid right side piece is just too oddly shaped to move anywhere, and if it wasn't for the nem that I can't get to move, I wouldn't even have it in the tank. It annoys me where it is because the idaho grape is getting no light and is gonna die. It's really encrusted, too.

Archived