ReefCleaners.org

Kimber's tank is getting swapped!

kimberbee

It's frightening to move a tank - Even my small 5G was scary, can't imagine a bigger tank. But, I think you got it! Egg crate idea sounds very good, give them fishies some space in there though!! Should work well for bigger things!

I think you've got this!! I did my 5G with ALL water still completely in the tank! :o If you're draining and such, 10x better than trying to move it any other ways!! Good luck!!!

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what sand you getting?

Good question. I forget what sand I got for the fusion 20, but it was a littler coarser than what I had when I first started the biocube. Heavier meant it wasn't easily sucked up when I siphoned the sand!

They totally still make the magnetic frag rack, it's their signature product. They had a shortage of magnets so production had slowed for a bit. Now InTank carries them too.

GOOD LUCK KIMBERBEE!

The one there I do not think id the rack. They had the rock shelf that is no longer made. That is what I am after.

The one there I do not think id the rack. They had the rock shelf that is no longer made. That is what I am after.

I have a shelf. No holes. I'm anxious to glue some stick on it!!

After however long, the tri color vadalia and garf bonsai I got from Zia are FINALLY coloring back up. So many times I almost threw them out cause they looked awful.

I really think it's the extra par bulb I have on the tank right now. Crazy. Unless it looks absolutely dumb, I'm really considering keeping a par bulb aimed at my SPS shelf in addition to the duo over my tank.

i have a tub of sand in the garage...it's the coarse caribsea special grade. freeee if you want it. jus have to wash it a lot since it was old sand from another local reefer.

Dang, if only I had a little more time. I am absolutely packed this week and wouldn't have time to rinse out the sand, or even pick it up till Saturday morning. :(

I'm so nervous. I'm going to buy extra buckets tonight.

So I'll have 4 buckets for coral, 2 for rocks, 2 for fish... Hopefully that will be enough to get about 25-30 gallons of old water to the house. I already have 10 gallons of fresh saltwater mixing and am hoping to get 8 gallons of RO/DI made. But I have to find a new faucet adapter first...

Gonna get ziploc bags and rubber bands to transport the smaller corals, and a jug or two of vinegar to clean all the pumps and powerheads.

I'm so nervous. I'm going to buy extra buckets tonight.

So I'll have 4 buckets for coral, 2 for rocks, 2 for fish... Hopefully that will be enough to get about 25-30 gallons of old water to the house. I already have 10 gallons of fresh saltwater mixing and am hoping to get 8 gallons of RO/DI made. But I have to find a new faucet adapter first...

Gonna get ziploc bags and rubber bands to transport the smaller corals, and a jug or two of vinegar to clean all the pumps and powerheads.

Don't be nervous, you got this! I can tell that you are very prepared. Just relax and do your best!

Yep just take your time and it will all go smooth......Corals can stay in buckets for a few just keep them warm and some flow.

Good luck with the move B)

It's frightening to move a tank - Even my small 5G was scary, can't imagine a bigger tank. But, I think you got it! Egg crate idea sounds very good, give them fishies some space in there though!! Should work well for bigger things!

I think you've got this!! I did my 5G with ALL water still completely in the tank! :o If you're draining and such, 10x better than trying to move it any other ways!! Good luck!!!

:huh:

You're braver than I am. When I moved my tank rocks went in one bucket, fish and corals in another with a heater and pump, hooked up both buckets to a car charger converter, and had a flawless 3 hour drive. B)

Don't be nervous, you got this! I can tell that you are very prepared. Just relax and do your best!

Hopefully I can sleep tonight. It would be awful if I started making stupid sleepy mistakes tomorrow!

Yep just take your time and it will all go smooth......Corals can stay in buckets for a few just keep them warm and some flow.

Good luck with the move B)

I'm hoping it only takes a couple hours. I only have 7 miles to go from apartment to house. ;)

Well it only took 10 hours... but I got everything moved over. :closedeyes:

The only problem so far is that the "night" setting on my tide is messed up. It seems that no matter what I set the channels to, my blues are at 100%. Not sure how to fix that myself, so I'm off to do some forum searching...

Good to hear that is the only issue. Probably an easy fix but I know nothing about those lights.

Well, I also can't find my firefish, but I'm just hoping he was spooked into hiding. Plus it's still "nighttime" for the fishes.

My back hurts, sooo bad. from my lower back all the way up my neck.

And I have to go back to my apartment today to finish cleaning the sand out of my tanks. Ugh...

Very nice! I like the scape

omgomgomg

Looking good

Awesome Kimber! Love the way the scaoe and thr mag rock came out. Cant wait to see some closer shots.

I'm really happy with how it looks so far. My hands and right arm are just not happy with being in saltwater for two days. I'm going to try to not touch anything until water change on Wednesday. ;)

Archived