inTank Media Baskets

Yoshii's 5.5g Macro Reef

yoshii

Very cool!!! What's that red macro with the long ribbons on the right?!?

Thanks :) It's sometimes called "Dragon's Tongue" a species of Halymenia

• Like 2

Thanks :) It's sometimes called "Dragon's Tongue" a species of Halymenia

I love it! And he tank! Everything looks super happy. Can't wait to see the new build!

I love it! And he tank! Everything looks super happy. Can't wait to see the new build!

Thanks! :happy:

I still need to pick up some more sand and maybe another piece of rock, but now the question is, should I start a new thread? Or continue on this one?

• Like 2

I like new but then again it's the original tank moved to a larger one

True, I think I'll just keep this thread.

Yesterday I got a few pound of dry sand and today I picked up more SW today so I'll have enough to fill the 5.5. I'm excited omgomgomg I think I'm going to clean the 3.7g today, take a nice last FTS and then start scaping the 5.5

• Like 2

The last FTSs before the upgrade! This is be my "youngest" tank (upgrade) ever! I've only had it set up for around 11 months. My previous youngest tank was my old 3g at 5 years old.

Daylight Only

IMG_995522.jpg

PAR LED Only

IMG_995322.jpg

"Combo"

IMG_9953combo.jpg

Actual Combo

IMG_995822.jpg

Btw, yes I know the tank isn't on a level surface. Do I care? Nope.

I think tomorrow after work I'll make the switch to the 5.5g! omgomgomg

• Like 12

Thanks! I just finished filling the tank and placed all the macro and coral.

But looking at it now, the scape and placement of certain macros is too similar to my old 10g. So the scape will change a bit! Originally I had planned to use a larger rock I had sitting around, but it took up too much space. We'll see how things turn out tomorrrow

• Like 1
Nano sapiens

The last FTSs before the upgrade! This is be my "youngest" tank (upgrade) ever! I've only had it set up for around 11 months. My previous youngest tank

I think tomorrow after work I'll make the switch to the 5.5g! omgomgomg

Whoa, you're getting into the big leagues, now! ;) Joking aside, looking forward to how this turns out :)

Whoa, you're getting into the big leagues, now! ;) Joking aside, looking forward to how this turns out :)

:lol: I'm actually glad I didn't go bigger!

Woo hoo! I'm so excited already :)

:happy:

I just finished cleaning out the 3.7g, it's going to be my first (legit) planted tank for my betta and tetras.

Next up is rescaping the 5.5. I feel like I might actually want to go get some different rocks.

And even after taking out a good amount of macro during the transfer, I still need to do some pruning!

• Like 3

I actually can't wait to see this, your 3.7 was what made me start my nano reef six months ago.

I'm glad I could inspire someone! :) You should make a thread, I'd love to follow along!

• Like 1

I'm glad you went with a bigger grain of sand ....I went with a very fine sand and the ac30 blows it all around my tank... I think I will be picking up some special grade sand soon to give me a larger sand grain....question...how do you make your links like that with the pictures?

I just finished cleaning out the 3.7g, it's going to be my first (legit) planted tank for my betta and tetras.

Lemme know if you need some plants. I've got stems and Trident Java. I can drop it off at the shop.

I'm glad you went with a bigger grain of sand ....I went with a very fine sand and the ac30 blows it all around my tank... I think I will be picking up some special grade sand soon to give me a larger sand grain....question...how do you make your links like that with the pictures?

I did add some of my fine grain sand from the 3.7 on top, but it's getting kinda mixed anyway

20160810_181111.jpg

Do you mean my signature links? Use this coding without the periods

[.url]website link url here[.img]image url here[/.img][/.url]

Lemme know if you need some plants. I've got stems and Trident Java. I can drop it off at the shop.

Oh that's so nice of you! If it's a beginner plant, I'd be happy to try them out :) I'm a total newb with freshwater planted tanks. PM me if you know when you'd stop by

looking good. Always exciting!!

Thanks! I just cleaned the glass (sand dust mostly) and I'll take a proper FTS later today

• Like 2