SaltCritters.com

Yoshii's 5.5g Macro Reef

yoshii

Daylight and PAR 38 LED

IMG_996722.jpg

Daylight Only (it looks a little extra yellow/warm in this pic than it is irl)

IMG_997022.jpg

I think I might want to get a second daylight bulb. The right side of the tank isn't getting as much light (why the macros don't look as bright)

As you can also see in this pic, the macros look better because I pulled the light down closer to the tank

IMG_998122.jpg

• Like 22

Daylight and PAR 38 LED

IMG_996722.jpg

IMG_997022.jpg

I think I might want to get a second daylight bulb. The right side of the tank isn't getting as much light (why the macros don't look as bright)

As you can also see in this pic, the macros look better because I pulled the light down closer to the tank

IMG_998122.jpg

Very nice... I see you decided to put the aqua clear on the left side of the tank... it seems like you may have dead spots on the right side of your tank with the filter placed on the far left....but maybe not...just a thought....also what par 38 are you using (I'm an electrician and I'm just curious)

The upgrade is perfect! I can't believe it's just a 5.5g...looks so much bigger. My favorites are your merlettis and that pale yellow gorgonian. Where did you get that gorgonian? I'd love to have that color in my tank :).

• Like 1

Totally exceeded my expectations! New scape is great, using a bit of rule of thirds I see. Great job yosh!

Love it!

Very nice... I see you decided to put the aqua clear on the left side of the tank... it seems like you may have dead spots on the right side of your tank with the filter placed on the far left....but maybe not...just a thought....also what par 38 are you using (I'm an electrician and I'm just curious)

Thanks guys! :)

I haven't actually found a permanent place for the aqua clear, I ended up sliding it on the left side just to take pics. I may move it to the right and then find a small powerhead as the gorgonian needs more flow

It's a BoostLED PAR 30, 1xNW, 1xCW, 3xRB I don't think they sell it anymore

The upgrade is perfect! I can't believe it's just a 5.5g...looks so much bigger. My favorites are your merlettis and that pale yellow gorgonian. Where did you get that gorgonian? I'd love to have that color in my tank :).

I know right! I need to find a large enough box for moving it

Lol those merletiis have been through so much. That 3 headed piece was part of the original frag I got several years ago, which grew nicely in my old 3g, but when I changed the rocks I only kept this piece (easier to get off the rock than the whole colony) and then later when I took down the 3g I saved the same piece for the 3.7g. However, I really need to glue it to a small rock because every time I moved it would always somehow get halfway buried in the sand. I think finally on the last move it lost 1 head because I forgot about in the sand :lol: Their fancy name is ATL Frost Bite Blasto

I got the gorg from my LFS, I don't know which supplier they got it from, somewhere in Florida. I love how fluffy it is :)

• Like 3

I swear it looks established already. It all seriously looks so perfect, you have the salty blue thumb! You & Gena manage to add things to a tank & they look wonderful already!!!!

• Like 1

Looks really good. I love the new gorg, it fits in so perfectly!

This looks really nice!! Fun to see the upgrade :)

This looks great! Any plans for more fish,inverts,corals etc?

Love it. Great scape. Are you going to add much more or just let it grow in?

I swear it looks established already. It all seriously looks so perfect, you have the salty blue thumb! You & Gena manage to add things to a tank & they look wonderful already!!!!

Thanks everyone :)

I'm definitely going to add more! I need to decide on a fish (or fishes) and I want to add more LPS and softies

After all, the whole point of upgrading tanks is so you can buy more to fill it up again! :lol:

• Like 2

Daylight and PAR 38 LED

IMG_996722.jpg

IMG_997022.jpg

IMG_998122.jpg

Wow, it looks like it's been set up for six months already! It's beautiful :wub:

So what kind of fish are you considering?

:wub:

That is the best tank ever!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

I love the upgrade!

It looks fantastic! I love your scape, it makes the tank look like its way bigger!!!

Wow, it looks like it's been set up for six months already! It's beautiful :wub:

So what kind of fish are you considering?

Thank you all for the kind words! I'm glad you guys are as excited about this upgrade as I am :happy:

I'm looking forward to getting some fish! I don't think I'm going to get one until I'm back in SD, but I'm trying to brainstorm options.

Here's some ones I've been thinking about (obviously I'd pick one or two)

-Some kind of designer clown(s)

-Royal Gramma

-Cherub Angel (to be moved out when it gets too big)

-Yellowtail Damsel

-Gold Neon Goby

-Possum Wrasse (either kind)

Do you guys have any suggestions?

I want something that is easy to feed (so the Possum Wrasse is more of a maybe) and something that won't jump out.

• Like 1

Also, a big thank you to Gene (genetao) who gave me these plants for the 3.7! :happydance:

I'm taking my driftwood out to glue it to some slate but I'll post a pic when the dirt settles so you guys can see what happened to the 3.7

2016-08-13%2019.23.58.jpg

• Like 4

Aren't there several varieties of tiny gobies?

Yeah the only reason why I didn't add clown gobies or Trimmas to the list was because they usually have to eat frozen and I'm going to be busier this upcoming school year with a job and extra classes, so I want to be able to feed pellets quickly and not have to worry about target-feeding tiny gobies