Pod Your Reef

Yoshii's 5.5g Macro Reef

yoshii

Things I actually paid for

20160911_175810.jpg

So awesome to meet you :flower:. What coral did you end up getting? This morning before leaving I did one last walk through the main coral area and admired that encrusting red with yellow polyps piece you showed us. So cool looking. I almost bought one :).

You can color me sad for not being at MACNA and meeting everyone from N-R :tears:

But it looks like you had fun :D

We missed you! :(

Looks like a bag of fun!!! Pictures soon!

I'll post some pics when I upload them off my phone

:wub:

What the bleep is the white puffy gorgish thing?

LOOKS AWESOME!

I feel the same way! New Orleans next year!

:lol: The essentials! I love the soft freeze food.

Idk what species, I haven't bothered to ID it yet. I think it's just a corky finger

I'm excited to try the food, it looked good! What do you feed it to the most?

Now THAT is a proper college kid's freezer :lol:

B)

So awesome to meet you :flower:. What coral did you end up getting? This morning before leaving I did one last walk through the main coral area and admired that encrusting red with yellow polyps piece you showed us. So cool looking. I almost bought one :).

It was great meeting you!

I did end up getting that one! And Purple Deaths, and that favia I showed you at the same booth. Finally I got a Sunburst monti from WWC

I have sad news though, I can't find my blasto! Idk where it went, and I dug through the sand and still couldn't find it :(

• Like 5

I did end up getting that one! And Purple Deaths, and that favia I showed you at the same booth. Finally I got a Sunburst monti from WWC

I have sad news though, I can't find my blasto! Idk where it went, and I dug through the sand and still couldn't find it :(

I was so tempted! I should have bought a favia..those colors were perfect! But when I was there it had it's long attack tentacles out which swayed my decision. With the new tank I could have probably found a good spot for it though. Oh well...I'll just enjoy yours :).

Bummer about the blasto :(. Maybe it will still turn up!

We missed you! :(

I'll post some pics when I upload them off my phone

Idk what species, I haven't bothered to ID it yet. I think it's just a corky finger

I'm excited to try the food, it looked good! What do you feed it to the most?

B)

I use it in the smaller tanks since it is easier to use the soft frozen for small portions. So I use the mini mysis, the reef caviar and the micro plankton! It makes it so easy to use.

And I'm sorry about your blasto :( It must be some blasto thing going around. I woke up this morning and a favia fell on my favorite orange puffy blasto. Favia, 1. Blasto 0 :tears:

What? You're not at MACNA? Come on Nippy, you and El Fab should be there.

We are having a Nano-Reef meet on Saturday, poolside. Chris Marks is bringing t-shirts! omgomgomg

Ahem, I'm just across the river. No need to fly across the country to see me. ;)

• Like 2

Hi Yoshii, I'll admit i've never looked through all of this but i had a quick question... there was this great sale on BRS last week and I might've picked up a Mr Aqua 3 gallon bowfront and decided to do a macro algae tank. Going to be using a finnex fugeray 12" probably... just wondering if you are currently using a heater? I'm trying to avoid one; however, I'm in Ohio compared to out West..

• Like 1

School started! I'm been super busy but I need to post my MACNA pics, hopefully soon!

Hi Yoshii, I'll admit i've never looked through all of this but i had a quick question... there was this great sale on BRS last week and I might've picked up a Mr Aqua 3 gallon bowfront and decided to do a macro algae tank. Going to be using a finnex fugeray 12" probably... just wondering if you are currently using a heater? I'm trying to avoid one; however, I'm in Ohio compared to out West..

Hi, currently I don't have a heater because it's been pretty warm in San Diego. During the winter months sometimes I use a small heater, probably 6 or 7"
  • Like 2

School started! I'm been super busy but I need to post my MACNA pics, hopefully soon!

Hi, currently I don't have a heater because it's been pretty warm in San Diego. During the winter months sometimes I use a small heater, probably 6 or 7"

What do you keep the temperature at?

I hope school is going well! It was so fun to hang out at MACNA! I can't wait to see some photos of your new additions in your tank. How are you liking the PE pellets by the way? My clowns, tang, and wrasse went for them immediately and they're an easy supplement food for those fish on the days when I'm not thawing frozen for the predators.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

WOW just wow, those colors are just amazing! I cant believe how you made all that even though you are still in college!(fellow college student here) :lol:

Love those pics and your previous setups! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! Sorry for the super late replies, I've been really busy lately.

What do you keep the temperature at?

Currently I don't have a heater in there, so it varies from 76-79

I hope school is going well! It was so fun to hang out at MACNA! I can't wait to see some photos of your new additions in your tank. How are you liking the PE pellets by the way? My clowns, tang, and wrasse went for them immediately and they're an easy supplement food for those fish on the days when I'm not thawing frozen for the predators.

I haven't really tried out the pellets much since I didn't have a fish, but my acans liked them haha

WOW just wow, those colors are just amazing! I cant believe how you made all that even though you are still in college!(fellow college student here) :lol:

Love those pics and your previous setups! :wub:

Thank you! It's great to see other college reefers :)

So today I took my roommates shopping. At our 2nd store I dropped them off and went to the LFS down the street :lol:
I scored this cutie for $12!

Snapchat-7370368311520802423.jpg

• Like 7
Cencalfishguy56

I haven't really tried out the pellets much since I didn't have a fish, but my acans liked them haha

So today I took my roommates shopping. At our 2nd store I dropped them off and went to the LFS down the street :lol:

wow what a steal!

Isn't he? :wub: My roommates are trying to come up with a name, but so far they've only come up with weird stuff

Yeah, the guy is really nice and give me a nice discount!

OMG THATS CUTE :wub:

Gotta love clowns all the time

• 1 month later...

His name is Pocky (yes, after the delicious snack)

IMG_0470lg22.jpg

It's finals week and I'm sick in bed :( This quarter has been extremely busy, but I'm hoping next quarter won't be that bad. I'm also going to be doing an independent project in my lab involving corals reefs in Hawai'i and algae, so I'm pretty excited for that.

The tank overall is kinda "meh". Monti and Purple Deaths haven't been too happy and have lost much of their color. Probably because I was barely touching the tank. Saturday it all gets packed up and driven back to the bay for my Christmas break!

• Like 6
RIP Sebastian

His name is Pocky (yes, after the delicious snack)

IMG_0470lg22.jpg

It's finals week and I'm sick in bed :( This quarter has been extremely busy, but I'm hoping next quarter won't be that bad. I'm also going to be doing an independent project in my lab involving corals reefs in Hawai'i and algae, so I'm pretty excited for that.

The tank overall is kinda "meh". Monti and Purple Deaths haven't been too happy and have lost much of their color. Probably because I was barely touching the tank. Saturday it all gets packed up and driven back to the bay for my Christmas break!

Such a cutie! My sister is in her junior year at CWRU and spent 9 hours in a lab yesterday! She's feeling it, too. Good luck!

Nick