inTank Media Baskets

####### Fatass Challenge

evanski

That's why I also posted the rebuttal given in the same article. I suppose they mean the toxins that the liver ultimately detoxifies. I guess they assume there are toxins that make their way, or are created in the bowels. I believe that if you are healthy, colon cleanses (in order to remove toxins) are probably not necessary.

"Contrary to popular belief, there is no evidence that "toxins" accumulate when bowel movements are infrequent..."

- http://answers.webmd.com/answers/1172798/what-is-constipation

This topic is above my pay grade; I probably shouldn't be commenting on it. However, I have done a gall bladder cleanse. The idea was to flush the bile from the gall bladder. IDK, it might have worked for this purpose.

Nail on the head. All of your information is correct.

We normally never recommend detoxes unless the client understands that it is rather a "mental" detoxification, and nothing to do physically with the body. As you stated prior, the liver does all of the detoxification in the body. There are no excess amounts remaining of toxins that are flushed out through a cleanse, or else would we be dead within a few hours of living.

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HecticDialectics

Cleanses are bullshit. No long explanation necessary lol. But people love to eat up bullshit in health marketing so there ya go.

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit. One of the apps I have used is called Healthy out. So when you go to starbucks or Panera it tells you what you can choose as a healthier option on their menu.

They just teamed up with Rise!!! So essited

Screen%252520Shot%2525202015-08-26%25252

Dinner last night was kale salad with veggies and lemon vinaigrette, and baked "fried" chicken thighs with hot sauce and honey. Midnight snack of a bowl of cornflakes with raisins.

Breakfast this morning was 2 cups of coffee and a bowl of multi-grain cheerios again. Went to the gym - squats for days, dumbbell incline bench, dips, dumbbell shoulder flies. Walking back to my office, they were giving breakfast taco samples so I had one - tortilla, fried chicken, eggs, cheese - about a mouthful. Had a protein shake with 2 scoops of whey and water.

If I have a dream about working out, that still counts, right?

So yesterday at work was busy. All I ended up having was my breakfast (yogurt w/ granola), lunch (pizza!!), a Starbucks drink, and Doritos for dinner. I ate REALLY unhealthy, BUT because I missed out on my snacks I was still on point calorie wise... :rolleyes:

Bfast today was a freshii mango smoothie and yogurt w/ granola. Let's see how busy I get and if I get my snacks today!!

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit. One of the apps I have used is called Healthy out. So when you go to starbucks or Panera it tells you what you can choose as a healthier option on their menu.

Oh thanks for the heads up about this app! Just downloaded it. :)

If I have a dream about working out, that still counts, right?

So yesterday at work was busy. All I ended up having was my breakfast (yogurt w/ granola), lunch (pizza!!), a Starbucks drink, and Doritos for dinner. I ate REALLY unhealthy, BUT because I missed out on my snacks I was still on point calorie wise... :rolleyes:

Bfast today was a freshii mango smoothie and yogurt w/ granola. Let's see how busy I get and if I get my snacks today!!

that means bens dream counts too. :)

Okay, breakfast: Nothing, Lunch was a salad, a small handful of chips and salsa, and a pink lady apple, my afternoon snack today was some watermelon. What should I have for supper? I am feeling really weak right now and would love to order a pizza since I have a free one, but I also have a 350 cal buffalo mac and cheese dinner, or a lean cuisine I could eat. So far today I have only eaten 351 calories, I have ~880 left that I could use.

Okay, breakfast: Nothing, Lunch was a salad, a small handful of chips and salsa, and a pink lady apple, my afternoon snack today was some watermelon. What should I have for supper? I am feeling really weak right now and would love to order a pizza since I have a free one, but I also have a 350 cal buffalo mac and cheese dinner, or a lean cuisine I could eat. So far today I have only eaten 351 calories, I have ~880 left that I could use.

What did you have? :)

Pink Lady apples are the best!

We're getting ready to have Tempura chicken (sweet and sour) over brown rice and zucchini from the garden, on the side.

Lunch today was leftover chicken and kale salad, greek yogurt cup. Had some chips and a cookie as a snack later in the day. Dinner was chicken lemongrass stir fry.

Breakfast:

Toast with peanut butter

Lunch: Tried school food. Failed. 2 bags of chips.

Dinner: 2 slices of pizza

Carbs all day :( need to figure out the school year plan

Breakfast:

Toast with peanut butter

Lunch: Tried school food. Failed. 2 bags of chips.

Dinner: 2 slices of pizza

Carbs all day :( need to figure out the school year plan

You are like 80lbs. Eat a few burgers and sign up for the football team. Time to become a man Harold.

You are like 80lbs. Eat a few burgers and sign up for the football team. Time to become a man Harold.

I'm good at very few things, and football is not one of them! :lol: Lol

Actually 6'3ish and 185 :P

I'm good at very few things, and football is not one of them! :lol: Lol

Actually 6'3ish and 185 :P

Pfft what are you doing in this thread?

I'm 5" shorter and weigh the same, but I have a much stockier build(thick chest, big shoulders, not like unhealthy build). My brother who is 5 years younger is 6'2" 170lbs, he got the rail build. :D

Pfft what are you doing in this thread?

I'm 5" shorter and weigh the same, but I have a much stockier build(thick chest, big shoulders, not like unhealthy build). My brother who is 5 years younger is 6'2" 170lbs, he got the rail build. :D

Here because I'm trying to eat better and fix the waist! Lol

Just workout a lot and eat whatever you want. :rolleyes:

Nah JK, I try to maintain a balanced diet, but it definitely helps to run a few miles a day. If you don't like running, go swimming. I'm not kidding either, swimming will whup your ass. At my school you always see the guys walking around with the Schwarzenegger build, because all they do is protein supplements and lift weights. Key to success (for me!!) and not looking like a walking mass of freakish muscles is to run or swim and augment with weights. B)

Went back to regular beer and 10 min walks with the dog. I am happy being a tad chubby. I likes my sexy dad bod. This thread got me thinking about the way I eat. Making some changes but cant commit to all out warfare on my belly. good luck guys. :)

Being 6' 3" 185lbs, you might be considered "skinny fat". That's when your weight is normal to low, but you still suffer from belly fat, or lack of muscle definition. http://www.muscleforlife.com/skinny-fat-solution/

I'm glad that you are trying to address this while you are still young; as there are some health risks associated with this condition. Unfortunately, standard weight ranges and BMI charts don't usually flag people with this body composition as being unhealthy. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/skinny-fat_b_1799797.html

What did you have? :)Pink Lady apples are the best!We're getting ready to have Tempura chicken (sweet and sour) over brown rice and zucchini from the garden, on the side.

I tried the Mac and cheese.

I never used to enjoy oatmeal, even when I loaded it with brown sugar. But now, I kind of look forward it with fresh fruit and chopped walnuts, even without sugar.

Two days in a row at work I didn't eat everything I brought because people think the best time for meetings and projects is lunch time. <_<

bfast = yogurt and granola

snack = apple and PB

snack = carrots and hummus

This week is the last week for one of our VP's so they are bringing in lunch today for everyone. I don't know for sure, but it's likely pizza... :rolleyes:

Archived