Top Shelf Aquatics

####### Fatass Challenge

evanski

Lost 2lbs last week yeahhhhhhh!!

Then I ate horribly today: Nothing for breakfast, two slices of Giordano's stuffed pizza for lunch, and dinner is TBD. Grocery shopping tonight though and hoping to pick up lots of fresh fruits and veggies!

Hope everything was ok!! fingerscrossed

Yeah Kim :happydance:
  • Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shit school again. Lunch was two bags of chips and a cookie :slap:

Then home-made chipotle style burrito bowls for dinner :)

For about 3/4 of my sr year lunch was a Pepsi lemon with strawberry pop-tarts. Start planning out better lunches young Harold!!

Um. This weekend was ok. Saturday breakfast was a bagel with 2 eggs, avocado, Sriracha and 2 cups of coffee. Lunch was leftovers from Friday (veggies and stuff, can't remember exactly what it was). Dinner was grilled sausage with onions and peppers, and a couscous salad with tomato, cucumber, grilled zucchini, and olives. Sunday breakfast was scrambled eggs, cantaloupe and strawberries, and hash browns, 2 cups of coffee. Had a junky afternoon with poptarts and chips, but I rode !14 miles on my bike to and from work (where I had the junk). Dinner was chicken and leftover couscous salad.

Yesterday I ate: 2 eggs on toast for breakfast with 2 cups of coffee, a banana. Lunch was tamales, a greek yogurt, chips, and carrot sticks. Snack was poptart and coffee. Dinner was sautéed chicken, quinoa, chickpeas, and grilled mixed veggies in a bowl with salsa, a glass of wine. I worked out, too. Dumbbell press, incline barbell press, inclined dumbbell flies, leg press, dumbbell curls.

Today for breakfast I had a cup of coffee and a bowl of multigrain cheerios. Rode a bit more than 5 miles into work on my bike. Ate a banana. Getting ready to have coffee and a quick bite of something. Will have leftover chicken and veggie bowl from last night, a peach, a yogurt, carrot sticks. Will ride ~5 miles home.

Not a great start today:

Starbucks

Bfast = yogurt and granola

snack = apple and peanut butter

lunch = patback can guess :blush:

snack = carrots and hummus

Not sure what's for dinner, but whatever it is I will try not to have seconds!

In full disclosure, I have not read through this entire thread, but wanted to add something that some may find interesting/useful.

About a month ago, my wife and I decided to do a cleanse. Now, we were mostly just doing this for the purposes of purging nasty crap from our bodies, but I actually lost a decent amount of weight from it as well. This was the first cleanse I had ever done. I had always had a bit of a negative image in my head in the past regarding cleanses, but this one was actually quite beneficial. The one we did was the advocare 10 day herbal cleanse. It wasn't pricey(I think it was about $50 for both of us). It was not too invasive. We basically just took a probiotic and fiber in the morning, then some herbal cleanse pills at night. As for the diet that accompanied it, we just cut fat, sugar, and carbs and tried to eat healthy. By the 3rd day I felt amazing! And, the best part, I lost about 14 pounds in 10 days!

So if you are looking to both clean your body out and loose some weight, check out the Advocare cleanse.

My weight is down 2.4 pounds since yesterday. Bloody water retention. :rant:

In full disclosure, I have not read through this entire thread, but wanted to add something that some may find interesting/useful.

About a month ago, my wife and I decided to do a cleanse. Now, we were mostly just doing this for the purposes of purging nasty crap from our bodies, but I actually lost a decent amount of weight from it as well. This was the first cleanse I had ever done. I had always had a bit of a negative image in my head in the past regarding cleanses, but this one was actually quite beneficial. The one we did was the advocare 10 day herbal cleanse. It wasn't pricey(I think it was about $50 for both of us). It was not too invasive. We basically just took a probiotic and fiber in the morning, then some herbal cleanse pills at night. As for the diet that accompanied it, we just cut fat, sugar, and carbs and tried to eat healthy. By the 3rd day I felt amazing! And, the best part, I lost about 14 pounds in 10 days!

So if you are looking to both clean your body out and loose some weight, check out the Advocare cleanse.

Where did you purchase it?

I know nothing about cleanses... don't they just make you poop a lot for a few days to get all the bad stuff out?

I know nothing about cleanses... don't they just make you poop a lot for a few days to get all the bad stuff out?

Cleanses are just supposed to be low carb and promote healthy eating, most of the weight lost is water due to the high water retention of carbs. My sister tried to get me on it, it's not a bad kickstart but...being in the health profession and doing the research you learn pretty quick what the gimmicks are.

My weight is down 2.4 pounds since yesterday. Bloody water retention. :rant:

Where did you purchase it?

I believe my wife got it straight from Advocare.

http://www.advocare.com/products/well/W3201.aspx

Honestly, I did poop a bit more on the first day, but I think that may have been somewhat my fault. I usually take a probiotic on a regular basis and didn't think to not take my normal probiotic while taking the cleanse(part of the cleanse is Advocare's probiotic) Therefore, I may have added too much probiotic to my system.

Mmmk. I'm going to bite. What precisely does a "cleanse" remove?

OK...I am far from an expert on the topic, but the idea, at least the way I understood it, was that it removes toxins from the body. Most importantly, it helps to somewhat reboot your digestive track. A lot of people believe it is a good way to kick start weightloss/healthy eating because it prepares your digestive system for proper nutrient absorption. Again, I do not condone any of the harsh clensing systems on the market, nor do I like the idea of drinking anything but lemon water for 3 days like some other cleanses have you do. This was a very low impact cleanse. I did not poop more than usual(other than what I stated above). I purely just felt better on a general level and much less bloated by the end of the 10th day. And as an added benefit, I lost about 14 pounds.

Cleanses are just supposed to be low carb and promote healthy eating, most of the weight lost is water due to the high water retention of carbs. My sister tried to get me on it, it's not a bad kickstart but...being in the health profession and doing the research you learn pretty quick what the gimmicks are.

This may be true. Again, I am not an expert on the topic, but in the past where I have lost multiple pounds from "water weight", it usually comes back on within a couple days to week. I have yet to re-gain any weight, and I finished the cleanse a couple weeks ago. There are A LOT of products on the market. I agree that a lot of them are gimmicks and/or are probably not the healthiest thing for you, but in the case of the Advocare cleanse, I do not agree. It was reasonably priced, did not make me feel uncomfortable/sick, and felt to be effective.

This may be true. Again, I am not an expert on the topic, but in the past where I have lost multiple pounds from "water weight", it usually comes back on within a couple days to week. I have yet to re-gain any weight, and I finished the cleanse a couple weeks ago. There are A LOT of products on the market. I agree that a lot of them are gimmicks and/or are probably not the healthiest thing for you, but in the case of the Advocare cleanse, I do not agree. It was reasonably priced, did not make me feel uncomfortable/sick, and felt to be effective.

How has your diet been since the cleanse?

P.S., I'm an AdvocareDistributor if you guys would like to try it lol, my sister begged me to do the cleanse for her so I ended up signing up as a result.

Cleanses "...will result in a weight loss, but the loss is not usually fat."

What toxins? You mean the toxins your liver and kidneys remove naturally? Or the toxins that you remove when you go to the bathroom?

"On the surface, the idea of toxins being reabsorbed by the body makes some sense. After all, rectal suppositories are used to rapidly administer drugs. Could toxins, too, be quickly entering the bloodstream from the colon?

... Are bowel movements enough to clear the colon? Or is it true that colon cleansing can be beneficial? This is still unclear. We do know that the body alone can do the following:

• Natural bacteria in the colon can detoxify food wastes.
  • The liver also neutralizes toxins.
  • Mucus membranes in the colon can keep unwanted substances from reentering the blood and tissues.
  • The colon sheds old cells about every 3 days, preventing a buildup of harmful material.
  • The normal number of bowel movements varies from person to person.
  • Increasing the number of bowel movements doesn't improve weight loss. That's because the body absorbs most calories before they reach the large intestine."

- http://www.webmd.com/balance/guide/natural-colon-cleansing-is-it-necessary?page=2

Again, I ask, what toxins?

That's why I also posted the rebuttal given in the same article. I suppose they mean the toxins that the liver ultimately detoxifies. I guess they assume there are toxins that make their way, or are created in the bowels. I believe that if you are healthy, colon cleanses (in order to remove toxins) are probably not necessary.

"Contrary to popular belief, there is no evidence that "toxins" accumulate when bowel movements are infrequent..."

- http://answers.webmd.com/answers/1172798/what-is-constipation

This topic is above my pay grade; I probably shouldn't be commenting on it. However, I have done a gall bladder cleanse. The idea was to flush the bile from the gall bladder. IDK, it might have worked for this purpose.

How has your diet been since the cleanse?

P.S., I'm an AdvocareDistributor if you guys would like to try it lol, my sister begged me to do the cleanse for her so I ended up signing up as a result.

Fairly good. I have not been perfect, but I have tried not to go back to eating crappy fast food and what not.

As for the other discussion in regards to toxins, I will speak generally, as again, I am no expert. The way I looked at it, I had let myself get back into eating very unhealthy, i.e. fast food for breakfast every morning(and some days every meal), soda multiple times a day, foods high in fat/grease, etc. When I start to do this on a very common basis, I start to feel run down and just crappy in general, and I do not mean just right after eating a meal. I do not know what specific toxins, but I believe that doing a cleanse allows you to rid yourself of all the nasty stuff that accumulates due to this unhealthy eating. I may be wrong, but I did feel like a lot of this went away after the cleanse. It could be from just eating healthy again for 10 days, but I like to think that the cleanse also helped to rid the body of some of the crap as well. If you don't believe in it, by all means, don't do a cleanse.

My intent was not to change the topic altogether here. This is an amazing thread and seems to be helping a lot of people. I just wanted to throw out another option to people that may be feeling the same as I did about a month ago. Again - Do not use a cleanse just for loosing weight. I agree that this is not the healthiest option. But, if you are feeling like your old eating habits have had a lasting effect on your body, a herbal cleanse may help jump start you into feeling better and eating better.

If your intent is to do nothing but loose weight, then I am 100% a firm believer that the best way is to excercise while sticking to a 60/20/20 diet, while matching your calorie intake to the amount of exercise you are doing on a daily basis.(there are calculators for this) The paleo diet personally works well for me, but that is more a personal opinion.

Mmmk. I'm going to bite. What precisely does a "cleanse" remove?

Shit. A cleanse removes shit.

Ok, I haven't posted updates in a bit. Been doing good, no junk, lots of protein, lots of vegetables. Working out has consisted mostly of running with a few other things mixed in. after the 1/2 marathon, I will change up to better include regular weight training.

Breakfast:

Bowl with rice, beans, tomatoes, guacamole, and shredded turkey slices. (Leftovers)

Lunch: Two Bags of Chips

Dinner: TBA

Need to get this together... Slacking here

I gained 4 lbs this week :(

Breakfast was a 20 oz redbull. Snack was a 12 oz redbull and regular size starburst. Lunch was a 16 oz redbull and a "share size" starburst. Dinner consisted of Hamburgers, potatoes, corn, green beans, pizza, or a 16 oz home grilled porterhouse, with 850-1000ml of RO water. :wacko:

Breakfast, lunch and snack are pretty much always the same daily.

Archived