Coral Vue Hydros

####### Fatass Challenge

evanski

Thanks! And tanks for the tips! This was my first time running so I really just wanted to see how far I could go.

I had planned on running Saturday and Sunday mornings until it gets too cold (cause it gets too dark once I get home, and the parks are closed). Then doing things like Yoga 2 nights a week, and continuing to walk 2.5 miles during my lunch hour 4-5 times a week. Do you still think that running two days in a row, only on weekends wouldn't do much? My goal is to be able to run 1 mile in 10 minutes or less in 7 weeks. Hmm... then I type that out, it doesn't seem like I'll be able to run enough in that short amount of time if it's only weekends...

Also, that app sounds great, but is unavailable on Windows phone... :(

My app (run the map) says I was going 7-8 as well... But I put my phone in my pocket and just went. I also know I walk at a 3-4 mph pace. Any tips on how to slow that down a little? I don't really want to jog around with my phone in my hand to check my speed, but I guess if hat's what I need to do then I'll do it!

3 weeks later....

I would just check my speed and time out of curiosity when i wanted to skip a song or something. After 3 or 4 runs you realize your speed pretty easily. I threw my phone in my pocket or if I was wearing shorts,I would have to pull my underwear up and my pants down and make a little makeshift pocket out of my waistband. Im to cheap to actually buy one of those fancy shmancy running band things.

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 weeks later....

I would just check my speed and time out of curiosity when i wanted to skip a song or something. After 3 or 4 runs you realize your speed pretty easily. I threw my phone in my pocket or if I was wearing shorts,I would have to pull my underwear up and my pants down and make a little makeshift pocket out of my waistband. Im to cheap to actually buy one of those fancy shmancy running band things.

I haven't been out running since. It got too cold a few weekends back - low 40's so I didn't make it out. Then this past Friday I forgot about a dog (baby) gate my BF uses to keep his dogs out of the living room. 11pm at night, in the dark, I walked right into it. Nice bruised knee.

Maybe next weekend...

• 4 weeks later...

With Thanksgiving coming up, do you plan to stick to your diet? For me, the biggest problem is other people's expectations to gorge. While I might like to, I don't really feel the need to eat excessively. However, I'll probably have some stuffing just to avoid judgment.

Turkey is a relatively healthy protein, sweet potatoes are a pretty good carbohydrate, plus there are lots of veggies. It's possible to eat a good meal and stick to your diet on Thanksgiving. However, if there is something that you really crave (like homemade pie), there's nothing wrong with enjoying a slice. I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

Ever since j started eating Fuji apples all the time I've been losing weight at a steady pace. Those are my favorite apples lol

Just bought a half peck of them at Iowa Orchard today (and an apple pie for Thanksgiving). For the price, Fuiji apples are my favorite also. Not sure about the weight loss aspect, but good for you on your steady progress.
  • 2 weeks later...

Any of you fatasses still doing this?

I'm still doing Atkins. Down 39lbs.

WOAH! 39 lbs! That is awesome! Congrats! I'm still watching what I eat but I've become lazy when it comes to working out. Time to get back on the wagon.

Any of you fatasses still doing this?

I'm still doing Atkins. Down 39lbs.

Congrats!

I was doing good until I went on vacation. I haven't gained back any of the 5 lbs I lost, but I sure feel like a fata$$.

WOAH! 39 lbs! That is awesome! Congrats! I'm still watching what I eat but I've become lazy when it comes to working out. Time to get back on the wagon.

Congrats!

I was doing good until I went on vacation. I haven't gained back any of the 5 lbs I lost, but I sure feel like a fata$$.

Thanks.

I go on vacation next Friday for 16 days. I'll probably gain all that weight back. hahahha

With holiday parties and such, my weight has been a net no change. Down one week, then back up the next. My total is a little over 20 lb down though.

I got the fantastic news last week that I do not need surgery on my leg and the stress fracture appears healed. So I've been starting to do some walking this week. Fantastic to be able to move again and I'm sure that will help with the few more future holiday parties I'll be attending...

With holiday parties and such, my weight has been a net no change. Down one week, then back up the next. My total is a little over 20 lb down though.

I got the fantastic news last week that I do not need surgery on my leg and the stress fracture appears healed. So I've been starting to do some walking this week. Fantastic to be able to move again and I'm sure that will help with the few more future holiday parties I'll be attending...

Congrats on both 20lbs down and no surgery!

So there I was, sitting at my desk looking up sugar detoxing cause I'm a ####### fatass.

Then I walked over to ask a coworker a questions and see... six 2 ft long sleeves of cookies. Oatmeal, snickerdoodle, chocolate chip, sugar, chocolate mint, and double chocolate. Apparently they came from a vendor in a 20 lb box.

Told me I could have a whole sleeve. So now I'm eating warmed up chocolate chip cookies. Still a ####### fatass...

Archived