Innovative Marine Aquariums

####### Fatass Challenge

evanski

oatmeal_o_809311.jpg

Two days in a row at work I didn't eat everything I brought because people think the best time for meetings and projects is lunch time. <_<

bfast = yogurt and granola

snack = apple and PB

snack = carrots and hummus

This week is the last week for one of our VP's so they are bringing in lunch today for everyone. I don't know for sure, but it's likely pizza... :rolleyes:

Meetings at lunchtime.. pizza for the VP? U werk at pizza hut? Screw the lunch n learn... riot!

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never used to enjoy oatmeal, even when I loaded it with brown sugar. But now, I kind of look forward it with fresh fruit and chopped walnuts, even without sugar.

LOL, I know the feeling. Do you make the instant kind of oatmeal? I found that I started to enjoy it much more when I switched to an organic steel cut oats and started making it from scratch every morning. Its not too hard, just boil water, then throw in your oats and turn it down to low. I usually just let it cook while I walk the dogs and its ready by the time I get back.

So I have been having some rough mornings this week and have gotten back to eating fast food for breakfast :unsure: , but lunch and dinner were good yesterday. I had leftover rotisserie chicken with beans and a little cole slaw for lunch yesterday. Then I made basmati rice with skillet chicken and zuccini in a lemon, dill, and wine sauce for dinner last night.

20914950332_fc01f85a0b_b.jpg20150826_190733 by cchsoracle, on Flickr

Today's lunch is leftovers from last night and I'm planning on making a salad for dinner tonight! :rolleyes:

Breakfast was 2 eggs on toast with, as always, 2 cups of half-caff coffee black. Was going to ride my bike in today and home for a total of ~10 miles, but I'm freaking beat. Today may be a rest day, but I might ride this evening when I get home from work. We'll see. Lunch will be leftover chicken stir-fry from last night with rice. Also I have a banana that I will eat at some point as a snack, probably in 10 minutes or so.

Do you make the instant kind of oatmeal? I found that I started to enjoy it much more when I switched to an organic steel cut oats and started making it from scratch every morning. Its not too hard, just boil water, then throw in your oats and turn it down to low.

No to instant. Like you said, it's not hard and it doesn't take that long to make regular oatmeal. I use Quaker Old Fashioned Oats. I prefer it to the texture of steel cut oats (but they're good too). I usually make it with a mixture of milk and water.

oats2.jpg

I'm 5" shorter and weigh the same, but I have a much stockier build(thick chest, big shoulders, not like unhealthy build).

:wub:

I will have oatmeal for breakfast today. I'm in a fog, did not sleep well, my cat isn't feeling well either, he was crying all night.

12_egg_Omelette

:wub:

I will have oatmeal for breakfast today. I'm in a fog, did not sleep well, my cat isn't feeling well either, he was crying all night.

finally realized he was a cat did he?

finally realized he was a cat did he?

No, he's almost 16 and has kidney disease. He did not like any food I offered yesterday - opened probably 5 -6 cans of different food to see if something might appeal to him. He ate some and would throw up, so he was very hungry all day all night.

No, he's almost 16 and has kidney disease. He did not like any food I offered yesterday - opened probably 5 -6 cans of different food to see if something might appeal to him. He ate some and would throw up, so he was very hungry all day all night.

:( poor Bogi. :grouphug:

Following but not participating. Pregnant, so I am going with a quick loss program on or around February 7th. ;-) too bad this is now or else I would totally join for getting rid of the baby fat. I gained 55 my last pregnancy (which is healthy) but it took me almost year to get rid of the last 15 pounds to be at my pre-pregnancy weight (120 at 5'1") my ultimate goal weight is 110 which was my high school weight, but I would take 115 too. I am an equestrian and its a physically intense sport, never mind the manual labor of caring for the horses. But since college and marriage and kids, I haven't been able to ride like I used to in 5 years. I was riding 3 to 4 hours a day on two or three horses 4 to 5 times a week with barn work 5 to 6 days a week. Now I am lucky to even see a horse once a week let alone ride one. My physical strength has declined so much, I am embarrased to see my old barn mates who have continued to maintain the schedule I use to have during my 5 year hiatus.

Anyways, best of luck to you guys, wish I could play too!

Sorry your kitty's declining. :( we just switched mine to eating a raw food diet (well a 25/25/50 of raw, dry, and canned for cost effectiveness, his levels dropped from 3.5 to 3, to it seems to have helped) We are using the cat formula put out by Answer. Maybe your kitty would like it?

The Hidden Dangers of ‘Skinny Fat’

• "... we are putting too much weight on weight."
  • "... a 2014 report on people with “normal weight obesity”—normal BMI, high body fat—found that they have a significantly higher risk of metabolic problems and death from these diseases than any other group."
  • "This can cause metabolic syndrome—when someone has several conditions, like high blood pressure and high blood sugar, that put him or her at a high risk for heart disease, diabetes, or stroke."

Sorry your kitty's declining. :( we just switched mine to eating a raw food diet (well a 25/25/50 of raw, dry, and canned for cost effectiveness, his levels dropped from 3.5 to 3, to it seems to have helped) We are using the cat formula put out by Answer. Maybe your kitty would like it?

I would love to read up on that. Have any links? He enjoys fresh foods, whenever we have roasted chicken or grilled fish he comes begging, he likes hamburger too.

I would love to read up on that. Have any links? He enjoys fresh foods, whenever we have roasted chicken or grilled fish he comes begging, he likes hamburger too.

This is what we feed:

http://answerspetfood.com/detailed-cat.html

I will also feed a dehy​drated raw food based off the prey model (mimicking what they would eat if they caught it) from ZiwiPeaks (their dog version, the cat version they've started adding synthetic vitamins) and another brand, but I can't remember.

Answer's is also prey m​odel. And you can make your own, but I prefer the convenience of just buying since I have the rest of my family to care for and with the pregnancy, raw meat is super gross to me right now. But here are a couple links about that.

http://www.rawfedcats.org/nature.htm

http://www.catcentric.org/nutrition-and-food/raw-feeding/a-frakenprey-and-whole-prey-feeding-guide

I was woken up at 4:20 this morning by my upstairs neighbors gettin' it on, which has put me in a very tired, cranky mood. So I got Starbucks. Then had a bagel with cream cheese. And the pasta I brought for lunch is not the healthiest either.

I'll be good this weekend, I promise!!

I was woken up at 4:20 this morning by my upstairs neighbors gettin' it on, which has put me in a very tired, cranky mood. So I got Starbucks. Then had a bagel with cream cheese. And the pasta I brought for lunch is not the healthiest either.

I'll be good this weekend, I promise!!

There's still tonight..... ;)

Confession: I have indulged in emotional eating for the past two days. Knew that I was doing it, said #### it and did it anyways. My vice is weird though. Chocolate milk made in a really skewed ratio of Hershey's syrup to milk. :blush:

Confession: I have indulged in emotional eating for the past two days. Knew that I was doing it, said #### it and did it anyways. My vice is weird though. Chocolate milk made in a really skewed ratio of Hershey's syrup to milk. :blush:

It's ok. :grouphug: More chocolate = more better!

Aww. I go for carbs and salt when I stress eat.

Im skinny fat, I tried bulking up for the gym but all that did was make me fat. Since i stopped eating everything in sight ive lost 2% BF. I finally put on enough muscle to look like the average person instead of a skeleton. Still have a belly thouh, probably wont go away until i get down to 10% BF.

Any ways, i just made this- Chicken and Chickpea Masala it was really good.

Edit- Oh yeah I had high blood pressure but since i changed my diet and started doing cardio Im all in the healthy ranges.

Im skinny fat, I tried bulking up for the gym but all that did was make me fat. Since i stopped eating everything in sight ive lost 2% BF. I finally put on enough muscle to look like the average person instead of a skeleton. Still have a belly thouh, probably wont go away until i get down to 10% BF.

That sounds delicious. I need a new pressure cooker. It leaks. I'm cooking lentils for the whole family tonight. Going to make mine super spicy. yum.

It's ok. :grouphug: More chocolate = more better!

Exactly!

Aww. I go for carbs and salt when I stress eat.

I would go for those too if I had them in the house! Actually, my husband just brought home some hummus and I ate some of that... :blush: Chipotle has the perfect tortilla chips for a chain restaurant. Nice and salty, hint of lime and their fresh salsa is delicious with it.

I'm cooking lentils for the whole family tonight. Going to make mine super spicy. yum.

Oh mmmm, both of those things sound delicious!

I do have a curried lentil soup recipe around here somewhere. It is great in the winter. Not spicy, but you could make it that way if you chose to. I've made it as gifts, since you put all the dry ingredients in a jar and wrap it with a bow. Ah, here is the link!

I cooked mine on stovetop since I dont have a pressure cooker. I also used skinless thighs and chicken breast. I served mine over rice as well. I might try the using oven next time.

That sounds delicious. I need a new pressure cooker. It leaks. I'm cooking lentils for the whole family tonight. Going to make mine super spicy. yum.

Archived