Coral Vue Hydros

Jackie's CADlights Versa 42/Taken down

jstuver

Yay I received my macros from Rachel(stellablue) today. They were packaged excellent! Took a couple quick pics before they went in the sump, they are making me want to start a macro tank:) I will probably move them to my display at some point.

11B524D0-697C-43B5-936C-2F816CBA99ED_zps

6E729CC8-6631-407D-85AA-FEDEE48F6855_zps

400E282E-6B6E-4B1E-9A95-4330D1C306B0_zps

• Like 5

Cropped this pic pretty tight to get rid of the glare from the light fixture but I just love the colors on the mind blowing paly

DSC03807_zpshkgd1cqt.jpg

• Like 4

Yay I received my macros from Rachel(stellablue) today. They were packaged excellent! Took a couple quick pics before they went in the sump, they are making me want to start a macro tank:) I will probably move them to my display at some point.

:) I missed this post! I'm glad everything made it in good shape and that you're happy!

I'm sorry about the bryo and the bubbles. Bubble algae is/was plaguing my big tank. I put a pencil urchin in there and he's mowing through it. However, I did notice he sampled a few of the softies. And he knocks things over. But I'll take that if he continues to clean off the bubble algae.

I had bryopsis on a blasto merletti frag and took it out, plucked it, put it in hydrogen peroxide dip, used a toothbrush on the areas to get it off and then superglued all the areas where I had seen it. It hasn't come back yet fingerscrossed The coral was not happy for a good four days, but it's all puffy and happy now so far.

Cropped this pic pretty tight to get rid of the glare from the light fixture but I just love the colors on the mind blowing paly

DSC03807_zpshkgd1cqt.jpg

That's a beautiful shot, Jackie! I'm with Teeny - I love how they match. Each compliments the other well.

:) I missed this post! I'm glad everything made it in good shape and that you're happy!

I'm sorry about the bryo and the bubbles. Bubble algae is/was plaguing my big tank. I put a pencil urchin in there and he's mowing through it. However, I did notice he sampled a few of the softies. And he knocks things over. But I'll take that if he continues to clean off the bubble algae.

I had bryopsis on a blasto merletti frag and took it out, plucked it, put it in hydrogen peroxide dip, used a toothbrush on the areas to get it off and then superglued all the areas where I had seen it. It hasn't come back yet fingerscrossed The coral was not happy for a good four days, but it's all puffy and happy now so far.

That's a beautiful shot, Jackie! I'm with Teeny - I love how they match. Each compliments the other well.

Thank you. Yeah I tried the peroxide thing on it like 4 times lol. My bubble algae isn't awful but I did go to town on it the other day seems I could see them in the sand!

Beautiful picture! I like how the palys match the blastos :)

This is a beautiful tank very inspirational! keep up the great work

Thank you very much!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick cell phone shot of this cool leather I picked up yesterday:

2127DC18-95CA-4402-8D96-8B56CDEA7FFC_zps

HOLY MOLY! WHERE DID YOU GET THAT??? I NEED ONE!

Yes, I meant to type in all caps. HOLY COW!

• Like 2

That's beautiful! It almost looks like a big acro colony :)

That's what I thought:)

HOLY MOLY! WHERE DID YOU GET THAT??? I NEED ONE!

Yes, I meant to type in all caps. HOLY COW!

It's beautiful right? I got it from a local guy, same guy I got my plate from. I'm guessing he shipped it in at some point as he had an online business selling corals. I am in love with it!
  • Like 1

That's what I thought:)

It's beautiful right? I got it from a local guy, same guy I got my plate from. I'm guessing he shipped it in at some point as he had an online business selling corals. I am in love with it!

It's gorgeous!!!! If it ever drops any babies, put me in line for one

Lovely new leather!!!! I agree about it looking like an sps coral. Sometimes I have a hard time distinguishing between a leather and an acro in tanks I'm not familiar with. That is a gorgeous addition to your tank :).

Lovely new leather!!!! I agree about it looking like an sps coral. Sometimes I have a hard time distinguishing between a leather and an acro in tanks I'm not familiar with. That is a gorgeous addition to your tank :).

Thank you:) I had posted on local forums saying I wanted some leathers and when he sent me the pic of it I was like yes I will take it!

• Like 2

Tank looks great, that's a nice looking leather you got there

Thank you! I need to do another monthly update but I need to rearrange a little after picking up a few new things.

Ok late to the party but hey I never had my name on the bag :lol:

Tank looks sweet! and almost sad I never set mine up....well maybe not 48x30 is just a little bit bigger. Hopefully I can get it close to what you have here.

• Like 1

Ok late to the party but hey I never had my name on the bag :lol:

Tank looks sweet! and almost sad I never set mine up....well maybe not 48x30 is just a little bit bigger.

Hopefully I can get it close to what you have here.

Thanks! I love the size. My husband keeps telling me I need to get a bigger tank but I just never like bigger tanks. This size has been great for me!

• Like 2

Thanks! I love the size. My husband keeps telling me I need to get a bigger tank but I just never like bigger tanks. This size has been great for me!

I will say I did like the footprint. But have way to much stuff to fit in there......had to go bigger.

I have been watching your tank as there are not many Versa around and well it is the best one I have seen out here. Keep the pics coming!

• Like 1

I will say I did like the footprint. But have way to much stuff to fit in there......had to go bigger.

I have been watching your tank as there are not many Versa around and well it is the best one I have seen out here. Keep the pics coming!

Wow thanks for the compliment! I'll look forward to seeing your build!

• Like 2

Wow thanks for the compliment! I'll look forward to seeing your build!

Honestly your tank is the best 42 I have seen out there in searches......I love the rics as I do those also.....and the mix of zoas and now a leather tossed in for fun :lol:

I like it!

• Like 1

Honestly your tank is the best 42 I have seen out there in searches......I love the rics as I do those also.....and the mix of zoas and now a leather tossed in for fun :lol:

I like it!

yeah, I second that! This is one of my favorite tanks :)

Still no full tank shot but I did get these beauties yesterday

8AEB5D39-B9E7-4FAE-8BA1-7346E2680348_zps

Gorgeous, Jackie!!!!

• Like 1