ReefCleaners.org

Jackie's CADlights Versa 42/Taken down

jstuver

Read many good things about IM Lagoon 25. If going smaller, I have Fluval Evo 12 that isn't too bad. Really depends on the type of tank you are looking for. Cube, long, shallow, etc.

I like the dimensions of the fluval evo! I don't think anyone around here carries them or I would go take a look at it:(

Can't believe I missed this thread. Congratulations on TOTM!. Your tank is beautiful, looks like what I hope mine grows into. Haven't had a chance to read all 13 pages yet, but I was wondering about something you mentioned in your TOTM profile. When you stated doing water changes less frequently, you started having less algae issues. I'm wondering why? aren't water changes removing excess nutrients. Wouldn't less water changes mean more nutrients stay in the water, feeding the algae? It just goes against everything I've read, and yet I do my weekly water changes and still have issues. Never occurred to me to do less water changes. Also, can't believe you want t tear this BEAUTIFUL tank down! (Just send it to me!)

Can't believe I missed this thread. Congratulations on TOTM!. Your tank is beautiful, looks like what I hope mine grows into. Haven't had a chance to read all 13 pages yet, but I was wondering about something you mentioned in your TOTM profile. When you stated doing water changes less frequently, you started having less algae issues. I'm wondering why? aren't water changes removing excess nutrients. Wouldn't less water changes mean more nutrients stay in the water, feeding the algae? It just goes against everything I've read, and yet I do my weekly water changes and still have issues. Never occurred to me to do less water changes. Also, can't believe you want t tear this BEAUTIFUL tank down! (Just send it to me!)

I honestly have no idea why it worked better to not do so many changes, maybe the water changes were removing things that it needed to fight the algae, maybe it was just a coincidence. Thanks for the kind words. I love the tank I have just gotten really bored and need a change I think. We will see how I like the reescape and go from there:)

• Like 2

Couple quick cell phone pics so they aren't great, I think I may trade the large pinkish leather to the back corner and bring the welso/trachy to it's spot seems it's tough to see it back in the corner.

A85ABD2B-9CE7-4567-B62D-A282C0C9E35E_zps

53A662ED-2CA5-4E5B-9A70-A469A5FC196F_zps

• Like 12

I really like the new look! Has it reinspired you or do you still feel like you need a new tank?

Thanks! I'm liking it a bit better, I think I would still like to sell a few more things and get a few more cool anemones

Looks great, but I agree that you ned to move your trachy to the front-too beautiful to be hiding behind the finger!

Yeah it's a nice one, it really likes the spot its in its been gigantic since I moved it but I do like seeing it a bit better

Couple better pics:

DSC09315_zps56hftfrm.jpg

DSC09316_zps6wa4izbk.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks:) I think I just might be ready for something new...

I totally understand :). I hate to admit it, but I too get bored with my tanks. Granted I would totally have kept my 20 long going if I didn't need to relocate the tank. But any excuse to start something new...I am so there LOL.
  • Like 1

Like I said-just send it to me :D:D

Haha don't think you'd want to pay for that

I totally understand :). I hate to admit it, but I too get bored with my tanks. Granted I would totally have kept my 20 long going if I didn't need to relocate the tank. But any excuse to start something new...I am so there LOL.

Yeah i am almost to the point that I just don't want to worry about a tank right now. I've lost interest but then I'm like man if I sell certain things I might not be able to find that particular coral if I get back in and so it's an internal struggle for me lol

• Like 3

Yeah i am almost to the point that I just don't want to worry about a tank right now. I've lost interest but then I'm like man if I sell certain things I might not be able to find that particular coral if I get back in and so it's an internal struggle for me lol

Then you should totally go smaller, to make life easier, and keep the things that you wouldn't want to give up! :)
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

great pictures! we will miss this tank =(. are you still planning on something new?

I bought a used Innovative marine fusion 16g that I plan to set up:) Thanks as always!

• Like 4

I'm going to miss this tank! But it's exciting that you're doing a new build. Are you going to use this thread, or start a new one?

I'll start a new one:) and thank you!

• Like 2

I just caught up!!! When are you setting up the new tank?!? Or did I miss it..

I love that green leather in the corner! Is that the one you got a couple months ago?