inTank Media Baskets

Jackie's CADlights Versa 42/Taken down

jstuver

February Update: Tank turned SIX months old today!

FTS: February 8, 2016

DSC01323_zpsqlqfyafj.jpg

DSC01430_zpsa97eixjo.jpg

DSC01428_zpsk651ocq7.jpg

DSC01461_zpspwsh6iia.jpg

DSC01458_zpsvfvbi1o2.jpg

DSC01332_zpsa7jnkftq.jpg

DSC01434_zpscmpcuzr5.jpg

DSC01395_zps7vh9w2fn.jpg

This is my favorite blasto it gets these weird extra bubbles and has a cool orange color to them:

DSC01350_zpsyqblflek.jpg

And the new addition:

DSC01413_zpswd8jeozq.jpg

• Like 10

Absolutely stunning! I love that blasto bridge you made :wub:. Your favorite blasto is so pretty! Where did you pick that one up from? It's a real gem!

Thank you, I wanted to get them a bit lower to give my SPS some room up top so I did the bridge. I actually owned that blasto a few years ago can't remember where I bough it and when I got out I sold it. When I put a tank up again I practically begged the guy I sold it to to sell it back to me. It hadn't grown hardly at all in the year or so that he had it. It's now put on several more heads:)

Looks better each time!

Thanks so much!

• Like 3

Looks fantastic! I know it's simple but I always love seeing the ricordea garden :wub:

I am a sucker for a bunch of rics also :lol: Everyone needs a Florida corner......

• Like 1

Looks fantastic! I know it's simple but I always love seeing the ricordea garden :wub:

Thank you!, I'm right there with you if I could find more colonies I think the whole sand bed would be covered in them:)

I am a sucker for a bunch of rics also :lol: Everyone needs a Florida corner......

I completely agree:)

Holy crap this tank looks good. :)

Thank you!! I really appreciate it!

Dang this is a gorgeous tank.

Thank you so much!

Oh and this tank turned SIX months old today!!

• Like 4

Thank you, I wanted to get them a bit lower to give my SPS some room up top so I did the bridge. I actually owned that blasto a few years ago can't remember where I bough it and when I got out I sold it. When I put a tank up again I practically begged the guy I sold it to to sell it back to me. It hadn't grown hardly at all in the year or so that he had it. It's now put on several more heads:)

It likes you better :happy:. If you ever have to frag it (not even sure how) keep me in mind :).

It likes you better :happy:. If you ever have to frag it (not even sure how) keep me in mind :).

I will let you know if I ever frag it:) it's an extremely slow grower:(

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't had the chance to get any pics of the new torch. Sold several corals so I have room for a shipment that should be coming next week. I've decided to go back to having a ton of euphyllia and am pretty excited to get my shipment. Oh and another rock of Florida rics because I just can't help myself!

Hopefully new pics next week or if I get the chance this weekend I'll snap a few of the torch:)

Also ordered the jebao doser, I had one several months ago and sold it before I even set it up but this tank takes dosing every day and I'm tired of doing it along with the fact that if I miss a day my alk drops so doser it is! The guy I sold mine to says he loves it and it's even cheaper on Amazon now so it works:)

• Like 2

Haven't had the chance to get any pics of the new torch. Sold several corals so I have room for a shipment that should be coming next week. I've decided to go back to having a ton of euphyllia and am pretty excited to get my shipment. Oh and another rock of Florida rics because I just can't help myself!

Hopefully new pics next week or if I get the chance this weekend I'll snap a few of the torch:)

Also ordered the jebao doser, I had one several months ago and sold it before I even set it up but this tank takes dosing every day and I'm tired of doing it along with the fact that if I miss a day my alk drops so doser it is! The guy I sold mine to says he loves it and it's even cheaper on Amazon now so it works:)

Where are you finding rocks full of rics?

Good lord, this tank :wub: Jackie, it looks amazing!

Hey, do your two cardinals swim together? I got a "bonded" pair from Diver's Den but I swear they stay on opposite sides of the tank all the time!

Good lord, this tank :wub: Jackie, it looks amazing!

Hey, do your two cardinals swim together? I got a "bonded" pair from Diver's Den but I swear they stay on opposite sides of the tank all the time!

I bought two from a local breeder when they were pretty small, at first they stayed together then they stayed on opposite sides of the tank and I was worried they might start fighting but now they are back to swimming together and rarely further than maybe 6" apart:)

And thank you I appreciate the kind comment.

TOTM please and thank you....

Is rare reef legit. I hear ALOT of mixed reviews

Wow thank you.

Yes Rare Reef is legit he has amazing corals! Not the best customer service but I've never had a problem with him and I've ordered for several years. He can be frustrating to get answers from but eventually he gets back to you. If you need something shipped a certain day though he's probably not your guy he literally ships and just sends the tracking or you would have no idea it was coming:)

• Like 1

Wow this tank is gorgeous! That's incredible for only six months old. I love that tube nem as well :D

Thank you:) that dang tube nem decided to move yesterday and is now right up against the front glass ?

Rare Reef brings them in sometimes. He can be a bit frustrating to deal with sometimes but has beautiful coral.

Do you just ask him for ric covered rocks? Not that I have room but nice to know that is a possibility if I'm looking :D. Thanks for the info!!!!

Thank you:) that dang tube nem decided to move yesterday and is now right up against the front glass

lol never fails!

At least he didn't decide to go to the very back of the tank like any nem I ever had did <_<

Do you just ask him for ric covered rocks? Not that I have room but nice to know that is a possibility if I'm looking :D. Thanks for the info!!!!

Follow him on Facebook is the best way, he posts albums of his stuff he has for sale there before it goes to his website.

He does still have one available though, it's not as nice as the rest I've seen but it's still nice.

http://www.rarereef.com/rare-coral/product_info.php?products_id=16541

This is the one coming my way on Tuesday:)

217A549D-0B86-47D8-9E0A-50CC4097B081_zps

• Like 5