Pod Your Reef

Jackie's CADlights Versa 42/Taken down

jstuver

• 3 weeks later...

Incredible...

Thank you!

This tank is amazing, Jackie. I'm absolutely in awe.

Jackie! I just noticed your clowns have little white eyebrows! That's so cool.

Thanks so much! Yeah they do I love them, they have really unique patterns and swim slightly different than regular clowns.

• Like 1

Thank you!

Thanks so much! Yeah they do I love them, they have really unique patterns and swim slightly different than regular clowns.

What kind of clowns are they, Jackie? Their tail shape seems different too!

Beautiful!

Thank you

WOW! every time I look it just keeps getting better !

Wow thank you I appreciate it

What kind of clowns are they, Jackie? Their tail shape seems different too!

They are spoticinctus

Wonderful tank man! Keep up the amazing work. Loving the ric garden and plate coral.

-Dave

Thanks so much Dave!

• Like 2

All of your photos are amazing, wish I have the skill. After looking at your tank I want to turn mind to a softy tank.

Thanks it does help to be a photographer as well. Taking pics of a tank can be hard.

• Like 1

Looks beautiful :wub:. I see you moved the blastos. Were they not getting enough light where they were?

Thank you! No they were I was messing around with something and that dang branch kept falling and I couldn't get it to stay so back up to their original places they went.

What camera and lenses do you use, Jackie?

I use a Sony A7 and most the time my 55mm prime lens
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

This last couple weeks to a month have been spent battling a couple algae. I noticed I had a bit of bryopsis growing in between my green blasto where a head had died a while back I removed the blasto and tried several different times of dipping it in hydrogen peroxide but it would always just come right back. Of course I then noticed it in a few other places. I had read mexican turbo snails would help with it so I bought 5 of them. My local store actually had a tank that he was having some bryopsis issues in and they had mowed it down. Do you think they touched mine? That's a big fat nope! I think his may have been a different form though of bryopsis. So I decided to go the Kent Tech M route. I now have my mag up to about 1680 I pulled all that I could see so we will see how it goes. The other algae I am having abundance issues with is bubble algae. I had a emerald/scarlet carb he literally was a light pinkish gray color very odd and he always took care of my bubble algae anytime it crept up but I noticed he had disappeared and about a week later I saw his arm and then his body so he had perished. I decided to try another emerald but he literally hasn't touched the stuff. Manual removal even as careful as I was proved to spread it so I am pretty annoyed with it right now.

Anyhow I will get a new tank shot up here in the next few weeks:)

• Like 1
teenyreef

That last set of pictures was just amazing!

You may want to try a different emerald crab, they seem to have individual personalities, so maybe the next one will like bubble algae and bryopsis :)

PS: the set of pictures before the last set was amazing too :)

Can you describe your thingy that you use to get the new rics to grab on?

That last set of pictures was just amazing!

You may want to try a different emerald crab, they seem to have individual personalities, so maybe the next one will like bubble algae and bryopsis :)

PS: the set of pictures before the last set was amazing too :)

Can you describe your thingy that you use to get the new rics to grab on?

Thank you :blush: Yeah one of the last ones I had took a liking to ripping tentacles out of my duncan!

Not sure what you're meaning by the new rics to grab on. If you were talking about the really close ups they were just in a hang on thing to house them in while I waited to sell them, here's a link to it you just add an air hose thing to it.

http://www.amazon.com/Marina-Hang-On-Breeding-Box-Large/dp/B005QRDCP2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462161098&sr=8-1&keywords=hang+on+tank+breeder+box

i have bryopsis in my nano tank and bubble algae in my big tank. both are manageable with manual removal so far. if bubble algae gets bad, i plan to get a foxface

Yeah it's manageable it's just pissing me off:)

• Like 1