ReefCleaners.org

Zorak.

pgrVII

The Rottweiler as expected could care less,the akita doesn't bother it bit will sit and stare at it for as long as he can lol

I'm sure my two would love it to death. Neither has a mean bone in their bodies but both have a strong prey drive. They catch critters in my yard all the time but never kill anything. They have to catch it so they could treat it like it was their baby.
  • Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pgrVII

• gena

• Slowtwitch

• Merthynia

I'm sure my two would love it to death. Neither has a mean bone in their bodies but both have a strong prey drive. They catch critters in my yard all the time but never kill anything. They have to catch it so they could treat it like it was their baby.

The rottie is fine,she's just big and would worry about her stepping on him,the akita on the other hand sometimes stalks the neighbors short hair :lol:

After looking over the enclosure,I realized that I hadn't provided as many areas for Zorak to stretch out horizontally in full despite all the plants vines and wood,so I added the branches and also realized I hadn't made but a few hide areas so I took care of that too.

20160307_141623_zpsng0ubyfu.jpg

20160307_141810_zpsmwkxlsf8.jpg

• Like 5

Looking good man, how much longer til the new guy arrives to his pimped out chameleon palace?? :)

Hey man,how are ya?

It will either be this weekend or the following,so not to long now :lol:

I'm hoping it comes quick before I decide to make a bigger enclosure

• Like 2

Lovely :happy:. So this weekend possibly???? omgomgomg:happydance:.

I purchased a bunch of plants (artificial) yesterday and filled up the cages even more. I have more to buy too LOL. So much to do daily and I LOVE it LOL.

• Like 2

I purchased a bunch of plants (artificial) yesterday and filled up the cages even more. I have more to buy too LOL. So much to do daily and I LOVE it LOL.

Yes potentially this weekend :)

Yea I hear that lol I'm always wanting to add,or see things a different way resulting In a whole evening tweaking the enclosure and placement.

What kinda plastics or silks ya get?

• Like 2

Hey man,how are ya?

It will either be this weekend or the following,so not to long now :lol:

I'm hoping it comes quick before I decide to make a bigger enclosure

I'm good man, how about yourself??

Sweet, definitely look forward to seeing the new stud. I've never been a real big reptile person but that dudes bad ass. My oldest likes all that kinda stuff and would love one but wife is like terrified of all that stuff LOL.

Bigger does sound good as well since they are a bigger cham right ;) LOL

• Like 1

I'm good man, how about yourself??

Sweet, definitely look forward to seeing the new stud. I've never been a real big reptile person but that dudes bad ass. My oldest likes all that kinda stuff and would love one but wife is like terrified of all that stuff LOL.

Bigger does sound good as well since they are a bigger cham right ;) LOL

Lol that's understandable alot of folks find them creepy :lol: but yea he should be a show stopper of a chameleon I hope.

I just put an order in for a bunch of good eats for him this morning so I can gut load them up waiting for his arrival.

Yea,a bigger cage is always nice,this one is 6'3" overall with a display of 24x24x36. Hmmm free range in a big palm plant maybe

Gena,sometimes you can get good sticks and perches in the bird section at pet stores,like manzita branches :)
  • Like 4

Yes potentially this weekend :)

Yea I hear that lol I'm always wanting to add,or see things a different way resulting In a whole evening tweaking the enclosure and placement.

What kinda plastics or silks ya get?

And it's fun to do :). Just some plastic plants from the reptile store. I think they are zoo med brand. They make nice plants. I want to get some flowers from Michaels though. Add some color to my girl's cages LOL. Maybe even the boys will get some flowers :).

Gena,sometimes you can get good sticks and perches in the bird section at pet stores,like manzita branches :)

I'm thinking I want to stay away from real wood. I have trouble with mold growing on them. Not fuzzy mold..but the wood turns black. Have you had that problem? I found some plastic bamboo sticks that suction cup to the walls. Those work great and they are super easy to clean. Thanks for the tip though!!!! I do like the coconut hides and I've seen these hanging round birdhouse type things that people use that looks interesting. I haven't researched that much yet. I am addicted to FB now LOL. I was NEVER on there much but I joined a crested gecko forum and I am spending way too much time on there now :).
  • Like 1

And it's fun to do :). Just some plastic plants from the reptile store. I think they are zoo med brand. They make nice plants. I want to get some flowers from Michaels though. Add some color to my girl's cages LOL. Maybe even the boys will get some flowers :).

I'm thinking I want to stay away from real wood. I have trouble with mold growing on them. Not fuzzy mold..but the wood turns black. Have you had that problem? I found some plastic bamboo sticks that suction cup to the walls. Those work great and they are super easy to clean. Thanks for the tip though!!!! I do like the coconut hides and I've seen these hanging round birdhouse type things that people use that looks interesting. I haven't researched that much yet. I am addicted to FB now LOL. I was NEVER on there much but I joined a crested gecko forum and I am spending way too much time on there now :).

Lol yea I threw a piece away cause it had mold, but,I also run a fan to dry the cage out in between misting and the full time dripper. ;)

And I have a heat bulb that helps dry it out a good bit. But yes,wood poses issues in humid areas. The bamboo is good for alot of lizards and chams can use it,but it's slick so it can pose a risk to zydactyl feets :lol:

I like the plastics they hold up well to water and the lizards and are easy to clean.

I made a feeder cup prototype today,it looks like it'll function well,but needs to be dressed up some.

20160309_114004_zpsslcmq9h0.jpg

20160309_113758_zpsjkvdqcpj.jpg

• Like 2

Lol that's understandable alot of folks find them creepy :lol: but yea he should be a show stopper of a chameleon I hope.

I just put an order in for a bunch of good eats for him this morning so I can gut load them up waiting for his arrival.

Yea,a bigger cage is always nice,this one is 6'3" overall with a display of 24x24x36. Hmmm free range in a big palm plant maybe

Wow the pics don't really do it justice size wise, I mean it looks great but I didn't realize it was that big of an enclosure. :) Looks great, that feeder cup is a cool idea for sure! Do they eat live stuff or do you play chef (besides the gut loaded goodies obviously already mentioned lol)

• Like 1

Wow the pics don't really do it justice size wise, I mean it looks great but I didn't realize it was that big of an enclosure. :) Looks great, that feeder cup is a cool idea for sure! Do they eat live stuff or do you play chef (besides the gut loaded goodies obviously already mentioned lol)

Panthers and most chameleons, except for Veileds I believe, are insectivores. So no prep food needed. :)

Yea they like to be up high so it worked out to build it on the cabinet. Yea panther males can get to 20" so they are decent sized,although most captive bred males average 18" or so.

• Like 1

So I took the croton plant out,there's a real 50/50 on its safety for chams,so I went with this schefflera instead,I like it's added climbing areas and I've noticed an increase of humidity already due to how full it is.

20160310_100849_zpsmnyud9l3.jpg

• Like 3

Hey Sasquatch. Think that plant had a part to play in AJ'a demise?

It's possible,but it's really more an issue if they eat it from what I understand. Jackson's don't eat vegetation,whereas Veileds will often and panthers to a lesser degree. Certainly not ruling it out though.
  • Like 1

So I took the croton plant out,there's a real 50/50 on its safety for chams,so I went with this schefflera instead,I like it's added climbing areas and I've noticed an increase of humidity already due to how full it is.

20160310_100849_zpsmnyud9l3.jpg

Wow I just realized those are live plants, thats awesome. I've always thought they were just some good fakes :lol: Do the heat lamps provide enough light to keep the plants alive or do you have to do anything special for them as well??

Panthers and most chameleons, except for Veileds I believe, are insectivores. So no prep food needed. :)

Yea they like to be up high so it worked out to build it on the cabinet. Yea panther males can get to 20" so they are decent sized,although most captive bred males average 18" or so.

Thats pretty sweet. Will you need to gut load the insects regularly then or just something you are doing initially to up his immune defenses from the stress of traveling and a new home kinda thing?

Wow I didn't know they got that big, 18-20" is a good size. Sounds like you might have to upgrade the size of his pad in the long term then huh or will the 24x24 be enough for him as an adult as well..... how long does it typically take for them to reach their max size?

• Like 2

Wow I just realized those are live plants, thats awesome. I've always thought they were just some good fakes :lol: Do the heat lamps provide enough light to keep the plants alive or do you have to do anything special for them as well??

Thats pretty sweet. Will you need to gut load the insects regularly then or just something you are doing initially to up his immune defenses from the stress of traveling and a new home kinda thing?

Wow I didn't know they got that big, 18-20" is a good size. Sounds like you might have to upgrade the size of his pad in the long term then huh or will the 24x24 be enough for him as an adult as well..... how long does it typically take for them to reach their max size?

Usually they take about 2 years or so to fully grow I believe, the roaches and and crickets will get gutloaded regularly if I feed him crickets that is haven't decided yet :/ but it's to help him grow and gives the cham it's nutritional needs. :)

The cage will be ok for a his life span. I actually run a 24" t5 that has a 6500 for the plant growth and a uvb for the cham. The hest bulb brings the basking site to about 85 degrees.

The potted plans are real for sure the other stuff is fake ;)

• Like 2

Usually they take about 2 years or so to fully grow I believe, the roaches and and crickets will get gutloaded regularly if I feed him crickets that is haven't decided yet :/ but it's to help him grow and gives the cham it's nutritional needs. :)

The cage will be ok for a his life span. I actually run a 24" t5 that has a 6500 for the plant growth and a uvb for the cham. The hest bulb brings the basking site to about 85 degrees.

The potted plans are real for sure the other stuff is fake ;)

So they aren't very active then I take it, or dies the vertical room play a larger factor then I am thinking it would as well?

Why wouldn't you feed crickets, are they bad for him or just not very nutritional compared to other things.... like brine shrimp but for reptiles lol You said the uvb is for the cham... What does that do for them, I am doubtful they are photosynthetic right :lol:

• Like 1

So they aren't very active then I take it, or dies the vertical room play a larger factor then I am thinking it would as well?

Why wouldn't you feed crickets, are they bad for him or just not very nutritional compared to other things.... like brine shrimp but for reptiles lol You said the uvb is for the cham... What does that do for them, I am doubtful they are photosynthetic right :lol:

No they aren't photosynthetic but they require it to process D3 primarily. It's a bit more complicated than that lol but that's the gist lol.

Crickets are fine,basically little shells until you feed them either a vegetable mix or a premade gut load by various companies to make them nutritional for the chameleon.

For chameleons you wanna have an aboreal style cage as most tent to be tree dwellers,with a few exceptions.

They feel safer higher up in their enclosure.

• Like 2

No they aren't photosynthetic but they require it to process D3 primarily. It's a bit more complicated than that lol but that's the gist lol.

Crickets are fine,basically little shells until you feed them either a vegetable mix or a premade gut load by various companies to make them nutritional for the chameleon.

For chameleons you wanna have an aboreal style cage as most tent to be tree dwellers,with a few exceptions.

They feel safer higher up in their enclosure.

Thanks for the lesson :) This concludes the question asking segment of my night :lol: The set up looks great tho, can't wait to see the new dude for sure!

• Like 2

Thanks for the lesson :) This concludes the question asking segment of my night :lol: The set up looks great tho, can't wait to see the new dude for sure!

Thanks alot man. Yea I'm really excited. Between the cham and my new corals next week it'll be a week of color!

And you're very welcome for the info.glad I could put some useless knowledge to use :lol:

• Like 2

The plants look great! If I had the proper light setup I'd go real too. For now the fakes have to do. BUT...looks like we will be doing the addition out back which means I'll have the whole bottom level for my crestie business and my husband will have the upstairs for his denim business!!!! It's just a matter of when. The sooner the better though because I need the space!!!! I have two more coming in next week that I'm very excited about. Well, I'm always excited about new cresties. One is an adult female ready to breed and the other is a baby :).

So...it will be next weekend for the new cham? I so can't wait to see him!!!!!!!

• Like 4

The plants look great! If I had the proper light setup I'd go real too. For now the fakes have to do. BUT...looks like we will be doing the addition out back which means I'll have the whole bottom level for my crestie business and my husband will have the upstairs for his denim business!!!! It's just a matter of when. The sooner the better though because I need the space!!!! I have two more coming in next week that I'm very excited about. Well, I'm always excited about new cresties. One is an adult female ready to breed and the other is a baby :).

So...it will be next weekend for the new cham? I so can't wait to see him!!!!!!!

Oh mines a mix of live and fake lol that's too much work :P

Sounds like you have the ultimate plan for crestie breeding :)

Speaking if denim,I'm a hard fit for jeans might need to talk to your husband.