inTank Media Baskets

Zorak.

pgrVII

Ah yeah that is much larger than my 20gallon and I think the lighting is more for the plants as my frogs spend most of their time under the leaf litter searching for springtails, ants, and isopods. I have my lights on a 12hour cycle right now but after the 'dry' season I'll put it back to a 14hour cycle. That's a crazy amount of misting too compared to me also. During the 'wet' season I mist no more than twice a day for 90 seconds each.

True,that's the screen terrarium challenge lol. I may actually have plexiglass cut to put in the sides to keep it in better in the winter and leave the top and front open so to speak.

Jackson's like it no more then 85 in the basking site at most and around 65%-70% himidity

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pgrVII

• gena

• Slowtwitch

• Merthynia

True,that's the screen terrarium challenge lol. I may actually have plexiglass cut to put in the sides to keep it in better in the winter and leave the top and front open so to speak.

Jackson's like it no more then 85 in the basking site at most and around 65%-70% himidity

Yeah a glass top will do wonders. If you just keep a tiny section of it screened then humidity stays much more stable for longer periods of time which helps to reduce stress. You can also have a fan kick on if the humidity gets too high. I keep a tiny gap between the top and the front rim and because of how I have my T5s sitting 1" above the glass top with a 80mm fan it causes air to flow down the front and provide circulation without decreasing humidity. I shoot for about 79 during daytime and 72 at night. These T5s are cool enough to grab with your hand without burning, I don't think I would be able to keep any other fixture that close to an enclosed tank.

• Like 1

Yeah a glass top will do wonders. If you just keep a tiny section of it screened then humidity stays much more stable for longer periods of time which helps to reduce stress. You can also have a fan kick on if the humidity gets too high. I keep a tiny gap between the top and the front rim and because of how I have my T5s sitting 1" above the glass top with a 80mm fan it causes air to flow down the front and provide circulation without decreasing humidity. I shoot for about 79 during daytime and 72 at night. These T5s are cool enough to grab with your hand without burning, I don't think I would be able to keep any other fixture that close to an enclosed tank.

Yea the t5s don't seem to add to the heat badly,I actually have a fan that kicks on for about 15 mins every hour or so on a simple timer. I figured their native area is breezy and cool so why not? Plus helps circulate air through the plants.
  • Like 1

That's a happy hibiscus! Too bad the blooms only last like a day.

Thanks Gena! Yea that is the downside,luckily since it's kept a constant temp and humidity it blooms pretty regular, just extra stuff to clean off the bottom of the cage and in the vines lol
  • Like 1

Thanks Gena! Yea that is the downside,luckily since it's kept a constant temp and humidity it blooms pretty regular, just extra stuff to clean off the bottom of the cage and in the vines lol

That's awesome!
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Is he green a lot now? Wasn't he mostly brown/beige when he was new?

Yes he was. He will still get some darker patterns usually when sunning himself,other times he's blue (ish)and green (ish).

I am very happy about this,not all strains of Jacksons have a blue tinge but some do and he's really starting to exhibit his adult coloration now more prominently.

• Like 1

Awesome. I haven't seen this thread in a while! How did he break his horn? Are they softish or all calcified?

It was broken in shipping,has grown in nicely :)

They are hard horns but can snap.

He's wearing a different outfit today.

He knew you were stopping by :P

It's actually to help absorb heat,hence also,his laying on his side

• Like 3

Dude. This guy lives my dream life. I like.

Laying in the branches of a pot plant ? ;) hahaha.

I remember being around 13ish. We stopped by a hot dog stand in the misale of a very busy road in a parking lot... I shit you not there was a 4 foot pot plant growing in the middle of the parking lot right next to the truck. I know the woods near by has a lot of seeds thrown in all the time but j don't understand how a plant got that big out in the open without someone snipping it down.

• Like 1

Laying in the branches of a pot plant ? ;) hahaha.

I remember being around 13ish. We stopped by a hot dog stand in the misale of a very busy road in a parking lot... I shit you not there was a 4 foot pot plant growing in the middle of the parking lot right next to the truck. I know the woods near by has a lot of seeds thrown in all the time but j don't understand how a plant got that big out in the open without someone snipping it down.

It's funny that the average person either doesn't know or care what they look like. There's none in the chameleon enclosure but I suppose it could certainly pull it off pretty easy lol.

It's funny that the average person either doesn't know or care what they look like. There's none in the chameleon enclosure but I suppose it could certainly pull it off pretty easy lol.

What is the plant with the serated leaves?

• Like 1