Innovative Marine Aquariums

Zorak.

pgrVII

Great pic!

How's today treating you?

Thanks jack,thought you'd like that buddy.

Not bad,at work then off for 2 days,you ,like a normal human.

What about you and yours sir?

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pgrVII

• gena

• Slowtwitch

• Merthynia

Thanks jack,thought you'd like that buddy.

Not bad,at work then off for 2 days,you ,like a normal human.

Normal would be overrated. .....imo.

Glad you got two in a row, though.

I've been building nesting boxes for the chicken coop today. They've just started laying eggs.

• Like 1

I've been building nesting boxes for the chicken coop today. They've just started laying eggs.

Nice free eggs is awesome. :)
  • Like 1

Never let anyone tell you they're free. Most expensive damn eggs ever. They do taste tons better than store bought though.

I was thinking that as I wrote it haha,but yea I feel ya our neighbor had chickens for a long time,lots of work.

Also,I was just doing the math,I Def spend more time and money with the chameleon upkeep then the tweaker tank. About $25-30 a month in food. But thats more so cause I don't like my pet stores selection

• Like 1

I've been building nesting boxes for the chick

en coop today. They've just started laying eggs.

I'm actually sealing new oak platforms for my buddies smoker,his old ones are worn out and nasty so we're stripping the grill down and adding new paint and hardware,we were considering adding small tractor tires to it for extra mobility. ;)

Very cool! Who needs a reef tank LOL. I love the sound of the mister. Sounds like insects in a real rainforest :).

Thanks crestie princess :) yes the chameleon has taken over the extra animal time lol.

• Like 1

It's awesome :wub:.

Thanks Gena :) always so nice to hear from you.

I finally got the top left corner filled in with some fake vines with leaves from hobby lobby,4.99,for about 7 ft. I also got a large bag of moss there for 4.99.

20150907_115546_zpsnhcyvgcg.jpg

20150907_115710_zps5khe1twx.jpg

20150907_115556_zpscyt51ii1.jpg

• Like 3

$4.99 is a DEAL for 7 ft of vines! I'll have to remember that :). I'm going to need some more vines!They look

awesome too :D.Your orchid is really loving life too :happy:.

They had lots of choices there for cheap :)

Also,get ya a little more up close and personal

• Like 1

They had lots of choices there for cheap :)

Also,get ya a little more up close and personal

https://youtu.be/veqm0pQzYYQ

It's so peaceful :wub:.

Oh...finally fed some nubias last night. They have absolutely no issue with grabbing them off the tweezers which is AWESOME! I like feeling like I have control unlike with crickets that are just unleashed into the cages LOL.

• Like 1

It's so peaceful :wub:.Oh...finally fed some nubias last night. They have absolutely no issue with grabbing them off the tweezers which is AWESOME! I like feeling like I have control unlike with crickets that are just unleashed into the cages LOL.

If you ever need to resort to crickets,you can take their back legs off so they can only crawl ;)

I'm glad the roaches are working good for you,figured they may be a good fit for you guys :)

Yea it's peaceful now that it's about as finished as its gonna get lol.

Thank you Gena.

• Like 1

If you ever need to resort to crickets,you can take their back legs off so they can only crawl ;)

I'm glad the roaches are working good for you,figured they may be a good fit for you guys :)

Yea it's peaceful now that it's about as finished as its gonna get lol.

Thank you Gena.

I'm through with crickets ;). I'm now spoiled with the roaches LOL. But thanks for the tip! I can pass that info along some day.
  • Like 1

Crickets...definitely over rated

OMG...yes! People must love them because they are cheap. They are definitely cheaper than the roaches. But there is no comparison in the quality of the food :).

• Like 1

OMG...yes! People must love them because they are cheap. They are definitely cheaper than the roaches. But there is no comparison in the quality of the food :).

I totally agree Gena,way better upside with the dubias.

20150909_110803_zpsclm3ot4h.jpg

New vine added up front for better uvb without direct heat basking site.

20150909_111155_zpsqkci9v56.jpg

Top down shot,well 3/4 down lol,had to leave the t5 fixture on for better lighting.

• Like 2

Gorgeous :). Your live plants are looking so healthy! I bet they love the mist king!

Oh! Hi Gena! :)

Yes, they seem to be doing well,the hibiscus has big buds that haven't bloomed yet,and the orchid I took all the soil out,put some moss in the roots and put it in a well vented planter. Fingers crossed here. Lol.

How are you and the family,the zoo haha?

• Like 1

Oh! Hi Gena! :)

Yes, they seem to be doing well,the hibiscus has big buds that haven't bloomed yet,and the orchid I took all the soil out,put some moss in the roots and put it in a well vented planter. Fingers crossed here. Lol.

How are you and the family,the zoo haha?

Hi, Patrick :).

Good idea with the orchid! You might even try wrapping the roots with moss and wedging it in between a branch. They grow in holes on trees. Try to keep those roots from getting soggy! I'm not an expert, but I've done a little research on them and know a little :).

We're all good here, including the zoo LOL. It's crazy ridiculous hot right now but otherwise all's good! How about you?

• Like 1

Hi, Patrick :).Good idea with the orchid! You might even try wrapping the roots with moss and wedging it in between a branch. They grow in holes on trees. Try to keep those roots from getting soggy! I'm not an expert, but I've done a little research on them and know a little :).We're all good here, including the zoo LOL. It's crazy ridiculous hot right now but otherwise all's good! How about you?

Been better been worse lol. I'm glad all is good your way, :)

I will try the orchid recommendation tomorrow morning,thank you very much :flower:

• Like 1