Pod Your Reef

Sleeping with the Fishes [a pe(s)t project]

holy carp

Oh, I'm way ahead of that schedule. I took it out of the box immediately, and now it's been sitting on the living room floor next to the box for a week... taunting me. :D Mostly I'm thinking where the heck am I gonna fit that stuff in the cabinet - the apex and the dosers are bigger than I envisioned. But also I've been doing some experimenting with Fusion to figure it out before subjecting the tank to my learning curve.

Ha!! You crack me up!! You'll love it once you figure it out!

• Like 1

Hi I have a Fluval Spec V running the Current Orbital Marine LED and was wondering what intensity you have set for your blue and white light ? Thanks!

Thanks for asking. Take a look for yourself. I shot a little video of the torch, which ended up being a video of almost everything...

(disclaimer: I haven't cleaned the glass in a few days, so consider it honest. Luckily my poor focus helps disguise it.)

Thank you.

Good thinking. I'll post a note in his reef cleaners sponsor forum.

Ok I need to know what the song was attached to your video it had me in a trance hahaha

• Like 1

Hi I have a Fluval Spec V running the Current Orbital Marine LED and was wondering what intensity you have set for your blue and white light ? Thanks!

Ok I need to know what the song was attached to your video it had me in a trance hahaha

I run the lights very close to the default setting for Timer M1, which is approximately 10hrs 100%/100% on White/Blue. I did adjust it to delay blue sunset and extend moonlight duration, so the timing looks like this:

aadaix.png

The music in that video is called Stone on the Water by Badly Drawn Boy from the album The Hour of Bewilderbeast.

I run the lights very close to the default setting for Timer M1, which is approximately 10hrs 100%/100% on White/Blue. I did adjust it to delay blue sunset and extend moonlight duration, so the timing looks like this:

aadaix.png

The music in that video is called Stone on the Water by Badly Drawn Boy from the album The Hour of Bewilderbeast.

That is extremely helpful! Love the screen shot, last question how tall is your aquarium approximately from your sand bed to the LED?

That is extremely helpful! Love the screen shot, last question how tall is your aquarium approximately from your sand bed to the LED?

I posted an excel tool for reprogramming the orbit marine in a separate thread, which is where that chart came from.

It's a pretty shallow tank, so that light seems to be bright enough. From the sandbed to the water's surface is about 8", sandbed to light is about 9.5"

• Like 1

Yeah I am really struggling with the programming side or the Orbit LED its a pain in the ass and really not interactive at all which is my one knock on the light.

Note the change on the yuma. The nubs are pissed.

Yeah. Their little dance doesn't last long.

10 minutes later:

3entv.jpg

I've often read about how potent the sting of the cat is, and given what I've seen it do to an acro, I know it's not a wimp, but that section that reaches the yuma isn't extending fully anymore. And the yuma hasn't made any attempts to move from that spot.

Perspective:

21l49x1.jpg

• Like 2

This morning there was some serious cool color in two of the dendro's tentacles:

261ydqe.jpg

A few minutes later, the color within the tentacle started retracting into the body:

2nkkk6o.jpg

Soon there after, the colorful part was completely removed from the tentacle:

jgtnnl.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for asking. Take a look for yourself. I shot a little video of the torch, which ended up being a video of almost everything...

(disclaimer: I haven't cleaned the glass in a few days, so consider it honest. Luckily my poor focus helps disguise it.)

Thank you.

Good thinking. I'll post a note in his reef cleaners sponsor forum.

Nice video! What camera did you use?

Love the long, flowing tentacles of the torch and the elegance. Your tank looks so clean and healthy. :-)

• Like 1

Nice video! What camera did you use?

Love the long, flowing tentacles of the torch and the elegance. Your tank looks so clean and healthy. :-)

Thank you. I just took the video with my phone. Actually, probably all the photos and videos I've taken of the tank are with the same phone. It's an LG G4. Unfortunately, I had the autofocus off for part of that video... oops.

• Like 1

New Timelapses!!!!

8 months of Green Slimer growth:

(sorry, but had to reduce the resolution, since this has ~30 weekly images)

8xuav6.gif

8 months of Purple Bonsai Acro:

11bru2v.gif

4 months of Setosa:

3584chu.gif

4 months of Optimus Prime Acro:

20pep9v.gif

• Like 8

And here's one of the JF Spitfire Leptastrea over 4 months. I was a little sloppy and missed a couple weeks in March on this one...

r7ruom.gif

• Like 8
holy carp

Eat shit! (a.k.a. War Coral CUC)

j8fwd5.jpg

Yes, that's clownfish poo.

rbh1g8.jpg

All gone... yum!

It looks so full... made me think of this:

• Like 4