Top Shelf Aquatics

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

Love the blasto island! They are incredibly puffy in that picture! It'll look great all filled in! :D

Thanks! I wish the red and greens would start fanning out......instead of looking like a big golf ball :^ )

• Like 1

Haha I see what you mean. Is there a head almost on the bottom of that clump? :blink:

Ya.....probably at least 10 all the way around the bottom. It may be getting a little too much flow....in the 40 each head use to be fully open at about 1 1/2" - 2" round. Now they kinda look like tacos.

• Like 1

Ya.....probably at least 10 all the way around the bottom. It may be getting a little too much flow....in the 40 each head use to be fully open at about 1 1/2" - 2" round. Now they kinda look like tacos.

Pretty tacos though!! :lol: Could you somehow frag a few off the bottom and put them next to the main clump?

• Like 1

Pretty tacos though!! :lol: Could you somehow frag a few off the bottom and put them next to the main clump?

Ya......I may take a dremel to them and see what happens.......they're grown all over the original piece they're on and that was glued to a plug.....so, I may have some room to cut them up without butchering them.

• Like 1

Ya......I may take a dremel to them and see what happens.......they're grown all over the original piece they're on and that was glued to a plug.....so, I may have some room to cut them up without butchering them.

That'd multiply what you have by quite a few if you can. It'd help fill in the island anyway

• Like 1

That'd multiply what you have by quite a few if you can. It'd help fill in the island anyway

Hmmmm, you have a point there. I just hate to cut them up.......but the island would have more curb appeal :^ )

• Like 1

Hmmmm, you have a point there. I just hate to cut them up.......but the island would have more curb appeal :^ )

;) I do kinda like the funny golf ball! But I have never cut up coral with a skeleton so that part would make me really nervous!! What kind of a blade/disk do you use on your dremel?

• Like 1

;) I do kinda like the funny golf ball! But I have never cut up coral with a skeleton so that part would make me really nervous!! What kind of a blade/disk do you use on your dremel?

It's the diamond wheel. Thing is awesome! When I transferred everything out of the 40, I got the wheel. I cut around all the frags that had grown onto the LR, then popped the piece out with a screwdriver....and glued them to plugs for dipping and inspection before placing them in the new tank. The 40 had some super invasive macro that destroyed the tank. Anyway, the diamond wheel has lasted after countless cuts of rock, plugs and coral skeleton.

• Like 2

It's the diamond wheel. Thing is awesome! When I transferred everything out of the 40, I got the wheel. I cut around all the frags that had grown onto the LR, then popped the piece out with a screwdriver....and glued them to plugs for dipping and inspection before placing them in the new tank. The 40 had some super invasive macro that destroyed the tank. Anyway, the diamond wheel has lasted after countless cuts of rock, plugs and coral skeleton.

Hmm, that seems like a handy tool then. I'll keep that in mind, although I'm not sure what I would frag with it. Maybe the lepto.

• Like 1

Hmm, that seems like a handy tool then. I'll keep that in mind, although I'm not sure what I would frag with it. Maybe the lepto.

It's worth having.....cuts nice and smooth....like butta!

• Like 1

Added some warrior princess to my overflow last week....hasn't melted yet.

Sweet!

I have that diamond wheel too - it's really worth the money.

• Like 1

Sweet!

I have that diamond wheel too - it's really worth the money.

I tried some years ago and it melted away....think it was either not too healthy to begin with....or the tank was just too clean. So far so good!

Ya, that wheel is a necessity imo.

Wtf is warrior princess?

Hint:

It's soft, pink and pulsating.

Lucy Lawless....duh

Duh.

• Like 3

I took pics and have been trying to post....but, Photosuckit is a ####in piece of motha ####n shit and wont cooperate!!

:rant:

Operator error :P

Works for me.........IMG_2607.jpg

• Like 3