Pod Your Reef

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

Ok...thats damn sexy. What is it?

A $10 ebay RFA. Neon orange and purple. He's growing and I think his foot is getting too big for the hole in the rock he's on.....I'll have to drill it out and hope he stays put....or he's gone like the green and purple monster rfa.

Had this one since he was the size of a pencil eraser .....started quarter size, then disappeared for months, finally found him in a wad of GHA in a rock crevice...nursed him back to what he is now.

A $10 ebay RFA. Neon orange and purple. He's growing and I think his foot is getting too big for the hole in the rock he's on.....I'll have to drill it out and hope he stays put....or he's gone like the green and purple monster rfa.

Had this one since he was the size of a pencil eraser .....started quarter size, then disappeared for months, finally found him in a wad of GHA in a rock crevice...nursed him back to what he is now.

I checked out when you said RFA. :P Been down that road not going there again. As pretty as they are they really need there own space they can cause all kinds of chaos in the tank. I still like it and it is damn sexy ;)

• Like 1

I checked out when you said RFA. :P Been down that road not going there again. As pretty as they are they really need there own space they can cause all kinds of chaos in the tank. I still like it and it is damn sexy ;)

Sounds good.

You are officially first in line for the RFA!

• Like 1

Here they are in all of their pissy glory. Dremeled, dipped, secondary bath in peroxide.

Time will tell..............

Cube20-20Joker20Blastos207-12-2016.jpg

Nice! How are they today?

• Like 1

My wife and I also got Rogered this morning at 3am. Not as bad as you but it took a bite out of my beauty sleep and dreamy time. Reservoir ran out of water and alarm sounded. It woke her and my son. I slept through it till she woke my ass up to ask how to make the noise stop. I need to figure out how to disable the alarm.

• Like 1

:o wow that one is gorgeous!

It really is......hope he doesn't go transient on me.

Surprisingly well.....the entire tank looks great. Wasn't sure what to expect upon arrival. The blastos are puffing up.....probably about 50%. Should look nice in a few days.

My wife and I also got Rogered this morning at 3am. Not as bad as you but it took a bite out of my beauty sleep and dreamy time. Reservoir ran out of water and alarm sounded. It woke her and my son. I slept through it till she woke my ass up to ask how to make the noise stop. I need to figure out how to disable the alarm.

Ya.......not sure what to do now....besides fill it up and see what happens tonight. .......

• Like 1
HarryPotter

My BTAs are battling my RFAs which are losing against the Maxi Minis :lol: Its a friggin train wreck.

I was trying to pull off a maxi mini but it just ripped in half and now I have... 5?! And 3 large BTAs. And 25RFAs. ####

• Like 2

Well, just checked salinity. ...it's fine.

Thought the Tunze just kept filling, but now that it's not 1am.....and I'm awake, I'm thinking it wouldn't have overflowed the display.

- Salinity is fine.

-My skimmer didn't go crazy and overfill the cup like it does when the sump water level rises......

-Water was running down the front of the tank.

-Only thing I can figure is my tank drain clogged, sump ran dry, over filling the tank and the ATO was pumping water as the sump emptied into the display.

Most likely, right?

But wtf clogged up the drain?

Only thing I xan think of as a remote possibility would be my giant turbo....if he somehow made it over the overflow and got stuck to the drain....not likely though.

• Like 1

Well, just checked salinity. ...it's fine.

Thought the Tunze just kept filling, but now that it's not 1am.....and I'm awake, I'm thinking it wouldn't have overflowed the display.

- Salinity is fine.

-My skimmer didn't go crazy and overfill the cup like it does when the sump water level rises......

-Water was running down the front of the tank.

-Only thing I can figure is my tank drain clogged, sump ran dry, over filling the tank and the ATO was pumping water as the sump emptied into the display.

Most likely, right?

But wtf clogged up the drain?

Only thing I xan think of as a remote possibility would be my giant turbo....if he somehow made it over the overflow and got stuck to the drain....not likely though.

My turbos, nem and mr blue ball has done this a few times. The snails and mr blue ball are not quite big enough to block the drain completely but they have blocked it enough a couple time times to raise the water level to a scary point. The nem once moved and set up on the drain and put a gallon or so of water on my floor before I came home.

• Like 1

My turbos, nem and mr blue ball has done this a few times. The snails and mr blue ball are not quite big enough to block the drain completely but they have blocked it enough a couple time times to raise the water level to a scary point. The nem once moved and set up on the drain and put a gallon or so of water on my floor before I came home.

Hmmmmm, ok. Maybe so.

Mr Blue Ball is a dick.

• Like 1

Here they are in all of their pissy glory. Dremeled, dipped, secondary bath in peroxide.

Cube%20-%20Blastos%20Day%202.jpg

These are going to be pretty cool.....

I think.

Day 2

• Like 2

Hmmmmm, ok. Maybe so.

Mr Blue Ball is a dick.

I like Mr. Blue ball. He cruises around and keeps the rock clean.......Now that pistol shrimp you gave me is another story. That mutha fuka is a giant dick. I spent $80 on a baby jawbreaker...he took it overnight. I cant find it anywhere. The rubble rock it was mounted to is sitting outside his cave. Glenn recently sent me a couple very sexy zoas...however the plugs they were mounted to sucked giant balls. The plugs look like the hats that Devo band wore???? I didnt have anything better to mount them on and I sure as hell was not gluing the Devo hat to anything in my tank. So I jammed them in between the rock and the back wall. Thats where they stayed for a couple weeks till the shrimp found them. Now the shrimp has 2 Devo hats minus the zoas sitting in front of his cave. Glenns the man but seriously WTF am I supposed to do with this. :lol:

The-Yoga-of-DEVO-large-hat_zpss0eultqe.j

• Like 3

I like Mr. Blue ball. He cruises around and keeps the rock clean.......Now that pistol shrimp you gave me is another story. That mutha fuka is a giant dick. I spent $80 on a baby jawbreaker...he took it overnight. I cant find it anywhere. The rubble rock it was mounted to is sitting outside his cave. Glenn recently sent me a couple very sexy zoas...however the plugs they were mounted to sucked giant balls. The plugs look like the hats that Devo band wore???? I didnt have anything better to mount them on and I sure as hell was not gluing the Devo hat to anything in my tank. So I jammed them in between the rock and the back wall. Thats where they stayed for a couple weeks till the shrimp found them. Now the shrimp has 2 Devo hats minus the zoas sitting in front of his cave. Glenns the man but seriously WTF am I supposed to do with this. :lol:

The-Yoga-of-DEVO-large-hat_zpss0eultqe.j

LMAO!! Yep, Mr Blue Ball kicked ass. And yes.....that shrimp sucked :^ )

I can't tell you how many frag plugs and mounting rubble I found in his damn lair when I took him out......hundreds upon hundreds of dollars lost to that prick.

I should have issued a warning with his clepto ass.

Devon plugs :^ )

Cube%20-%20Blastos%20Day%202.jpg

These are going to be pretty cool.....

I think.

Day 2

Day 3

Blasto20Garden207-15-2016.jpg

• Like 2

I'm tired of my return pump.

What's a good, QUIET, fairly-priced pump?

Needs to push about 4' from sump to return nozzles.

50 gallon, 24" cube.

Thanks!

• Like 1