SaltCritters.com

Lime Box IM10

Merthynia

Let's fill that bad boy up,just go get some distilled from the store and say F it

I think I have enough RODI from my ATO containers that I could fill it up right now. I just have to figure out room on the stand to get this done. Or another stronger set of hands to lift a tank with me!

• Like 2

23842903154_8703d61c00_k.jpg

It has arrived!!! I may just steal all the water in the ato containers and get it set up tonight! Who needs sleep anyway.

After some shenanigans with the GIANT boxes and millions of packing peanuts including packing my roommate up for shipment to Timbuktu. I did what all college students are good at, being resourceful!

24362810012_c83d8ec86c_k.jpg

I need more peanuts! That is about 3" thick worth of peanuts. :) My chair is already more comfortable to sit in,

I know that type of tank. Nice use of peanuts. Usually I send them to my sister because she hates/fears them.

• Like 2

:lol: love the peanuts! What are you holding them in with? I can't tell :huh:

Congrats on the tank :happydance:

I think I have enough RODI from my ATO containers that I could fill it up right now. I just have to figure out room on the stand to get this done. Or another stronger set of hands to lift a tank with me!

Dooo ittttt!

• Like 2

:lol: love the peanuts! What are you holding them in with? I can't tell :huh:

Congrats on the tank :happydance:

Dooo ittttt!

Haha, I had that plastic covering on the windows already to help with the cold, I just peeled back two of the corners and dumped them in!!! :lol:

It is set up and has water and sand in it!! :happy:

24446123366_a7a6339d49_k.jpg

• Like 8

your ATO pump, its... external? how does this work?

I have a hydor ATO, all it does is activate a plug when the water level is low. I have an aqualifter plugged into that to add the water, then when the water is high enough in the tank the ATO just deactivates that plug.

Woo hoo!

It's got a long ways to go to be as awesome as yours! But it's wet at least! :lol:

• Like 1

I may have to get an external pump because I want to seal my ATO water bottles. I was eyeing hte Hydor. it doesn't use a float switch? how does it sense?

• Like 2

I may have to get an external pump because I want to seal my ATO water bottles. I was eyeing hte Hydor. it doesn't use a float switch? how does it sense?

It senses via temperature. I like it, but not nearly as much as my smart micro ATO. I don't think sealing your bottles will work because you have to allow air into the container otherwise you'll be trying to create a vacuum.

New tank nice! What light are you gonna use?

:) Thanks! I'm going to be moving the Lime Green Nanobox Tide over to this tank

• Like 2

Well not seal sealed. just largely ant proof.

I've got the same ATO with the aqualifter. I keep the RODI in a plastic jar covered with a lid. I drilled a small hole in the top for the pump line to go in. It lets enough air in to work and keeps the water protected.

• Like 4

Well not seal sealed. just largely ant proof.

This is a good idea. Can you imagine ants in your tank? Maybe the fish would find them tasty! :huh: But not if they happened into the poison first.

I've got the same ATO with the aqualifter. I keep the RODI in a plastic jar covered with a lid. I drilled a small hole in the top for the pump line to go in. It lets enough air in to work and keeps the water protected.

Yep, this would work great. Mine are just in my 5 gal buckets with the lids mostly on. Plenty of air, nothing in my tank. :)

Looking good up in here!

Awh thanks Jack! :happy:

24382859862_1fd16543f9_k.jpg

Stuck the old picotope light on it so I could see inside while I dink with the tank. Salinity looks great, temp is just about right. Can't wait til a good day to transfer everything over!

• Like 3

I never get rid of any aquarium stuff. It all gets used again sooner or later :)

Same here! I have boxes of random stuff laying everywhere. I was thinking earlier today if I could get anything back on that PicO if I sold it. But what if I need it in the future? :lol:

• Like 2