Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Lime Box IM10

Merthynia

do you ever find days with your reef being sort of closed up? if so would those days be stormy?

Sometimes certain things in the reef don't open, like if they are shedding (looking at you mr. leather!). But for the most part, everything is open and very happy on a daily basis. It isn't ever 'stormy' in the tank, I've never caught a thunderstorm with my bluefish, but I'm sure if the lights were flashing a bit more the coral might close up a bit.

don't have stormy effects, but we got a bad winter storm. just a bunch of things look clsoed and I did watertests and I can't see what it is. I tried a PH test, but I think its old and useless because I could not determine the colour. Its actually worrisome..I left an inquiry of my current paramaters hoping someone might let me know if there is anything terribly amiss.

• Like 1

don't have stormy effects, but we got a bad winter storm. just a bunch of things look clsoed and I did watertests and I can't see what it is. I tried a PH test, but I think its old and useless because I could not determine the colour. Its actually worrisome..I left an inquiry of my current paramaters hoping someone might let me know if there is anything terribly amiss.

Hmm, that is strange. What things are closed in particular?

One hammer - the other is understandibly pissed. I knocked it off its rock, but its more open. Several zoanthids, paly open. A leather that was all hunched for weeks is open, the gorgonian was half closed.

it bothered me that the rock flower moved too. not sure why she would shift - or if something was disturbing. I did do a water change when things "looked" odd on sunday afternoon. did the water test that evening.
27-12-15.png

Debating on using carbon. - currently run chemipure elite.

I could be just panicking...

Then I panicked again when part of the area lost power as a transformer blew and i said ot my husband, we lose power, windows close and blankets get wrapped around the tank. I need a bat pack.

• Like 1

One hammer - the other is understandibly pissed. I knocked it off its rock, but its more open. Several zoanthids, paly open. A leather that was all hunched for weeks is open, the gorgonian was half closed.

it bothered me that the rock flower moved too. not sure why she would shift - or if something was disturbing. I did do a water change when things "looked" odd on sunday afternoon. did the water test that evening.

27-12-15.png

Debating on using carbon. - currently run chemipure elite.

I could be just panicking...

Then I panicked again when part of the area lost power as a transformer blew and i said ot my husband, we lose power, windows close and blankets get wrapped around the tank. I need a bat pack.

How are things doing today? Sorry been a busy last couple days. I always do a waterchange whenever I feel things are doing great.

Did small wc rinsed media added carbon. We shall see.

Fingers crossed for you!

You sure that is a birdsnest? Looks like a Stylophora :)

I'm sure you're right. It used to be extremely thin and pointy like the birdsnest corals. It is right infront of the mp10 so I dunno if it is growing thicker or what.

• Like 1

I'm sure you're right. It used to be extremely thin and pointy like the birdsnest corals. It is right infront of the mp10 so I dunno if it is growing thicker or what.

It reminds me of my birdsnest/stylophora - the denizens of N-R have never reached consensus on which it is, either. It's pretty, though, no matter what it is :)

• Like 1

It reminds me of my birdsnest/stylophora - the denizens of N-R have never reached consensus on which it is, either. It's pretty, though, no matter what it is :)

Awh thanks Teeny! I agree, I'm just happy that it is growing and fluffy all the time!

• Like 1

Picture dump time!!

19821371450_e8c659f38b_k.jpg

FTS

19822695119_f2a0f5e6e0_k.jpg

Left side with the mp10! :lol:

19388388973_ac3515d04b_k.jpg

Right side with the cleaner hiding as far as he can from the flow

19388391353_e1bd74bb0a_k.jpg

:wub: Nanobox Tide!!! This one has Bluefish, I'm in love... :wub:

20001605342_968e3dd07d_k.jpg

Cable management. As an avid gamer, I cannot handle cords everywhere!

20001602082_a4dc91ead9_k.jpg

Bonus Pippa...She is grumpy because I woke her up to clean her cage. :rolleyes:

Like your cable management... I'm big on that.

• Like 1

How are you liking that nanobox? I am really really wanting one of those myself. Oh and Happy New year <3

Happy New Year! I love my nanobox. I'll probably have to save up for a duo when I set my other tank back up. I highly suggest them

• Like 1

I think I am gonna start saving up for a bluefish myself. I just need to ask, dave is it? if he'd accept payment in a few parts (simply because my credit card is limited and I'd have to pay it off immediately.

Oh and things look much better now I did all the stuff I did before I went out.. must have been one of the issues.

• Like 1

I think I am gonna start saving up for a bluefish myself. I just need to ask, dave is it? if he'd accept payment in a few parts (simply because my credit card is limited and I'd have to pay it off immediately.Oh and things look much better now I did all the stuff I did before I went out.. must have been one of the issues.

Yeah, Dave is super awesome to work with, you'll just have to send him a message. I'm glad to hear the tank is back on track

• 3 weeks later...

23842903154_8703d61c00_k.jpg

It has arrived!!! I may just steal all the water in the ato containers and get it set up tonight! Who needs sleep anyway.

After some shenanigans with the GIANT boxes and millions of packing peanuts including packing my roommate up for shipment to Timbuktu. I did what all college students are good at, being resourceful!

24362810012_c83d8ec86c_k.jpg

I need more peanuts! That is about 3" thick worth of peanuts. :) My chair is already more comfortable to sit in,

• Like 8

23842903154_8703d61c00_k.jpg

It has arrived!!! I may just steal all the water in the ato containers and get it set up tonight! Who needs sleep anyway.

After some shenanigans with the GIANT boxes and millions of packing peanuts including packing my roommate up for shipment to Timbuktu. I did what all college students are good at, being resourceful!

24362810012_c83d8ec86c_k.jpg

I need more peanuts! That is about 3" thick worth of peanuts. :) My chair is already more comfortable to sit in,

:happydance:

Congrats I love my IM tank and I'm sure you will too!

• Like 1