inTank Media Baskets

Lime Box IM10

Merthynia

Lots of blurry pictures ahead, sorry :(

Deep cleaning of the tank and a few more frags glued onto the rocks. Things are looking fairly decent in this tank (not that the pictures show that)

29036455625_edeb69088b_k.jpg

28418851713_a7b59384c7_k.jpg

Need to sell some of those blue spotted mushrooms in the back of this picture. There are tons!

29036455065_acb6a1d0ca_k.jpg

28931161182_e6a94ac598_k.jpg

Bonus sleepy kitty.

Nice cans, merthy!

Like that Scolly too!

• Like 2

Nice cans, merthy!

Like that Scolly too!

Yes! I love them so much! That green scoly came back with me from the Denver MACNA, it's probably my most favorite thing I've got.

Shipment from Glenn came in!! omgomgomg

29023154306_b0f75b71d6_k.jpg

He sent along two freebies! I could hardly stand it earlier. I came home long enough to get everything in the tank then had to go back to work!

28435021484_ef980d17ce_k.jpg

The two outside frags on this frag rack are from this shipment.

28435022444_3c12ebd2b7_k.jpg

Two in the center, I'm REALLY excited about the mini colony on the left! :happydance:

28435025654_da39334063_k.jpg

The little frags in the shot glass are some of the ones that I got outbid on every single time! He threw them in for my failboat! :lol:

But that mushroom is what stole the day for me!! I hope it multiplies quickly! :wub:

• Like 7

Lots of blurry pictures ahead, sorry :(

Deep cleaning of the tank and a few more frags glued onto the rocks. Things are looking fairly decent in this tank (not that the pictures show that)

29036455625_edeb69088b_k.jpg

28418851713_a7b59384c7_k.jpg

Need to sell some of those blue spotted mushrooms in the back of this picture. There are tons!

29036455065_acb6a1d0ca_k.jpg

28931161182_e6a94ac598_k.jpg

Bonus sleepy kitty.

The tank looks awesome!!!! :wub: sleepy kitty!

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

So I a lot has happened in the last year. I just moved 5 hours from the middle of nowhere to the KC metro. I broke down the tanks into 5 gal buckets for the journey  (like I've done in the past). However, unlike the other times, I lost an entire bucket of livestock. Umi my DaVinci clown, my pink streaked wrasse, porcelain crab, orange striped goby, several hermit crabs and countless snails. This doesn't even touch all the coral I lost, my scolys, my plate, lots and lots of zoas, Duncan, splatter hammer, etc etc etc. It makes me sad to look at the posts up above with pictures of all the vibrant coral. Two of my clowns did make it along with my green banded goby and blue coral banded shrimp. This is how the tank currently looks. You can see all of the coral is pretty pissed off, I'm not quite ready to throw away the plate skeleton and I'm thinking heavily of changing the rocks while I have a mostly blank canvas. Truth be told, I'm relieved a little to have only the one tank for now. It was getting to be such a giant chore that I couldn't keep up with cleaning three tanks and making sure everything looked nice all the time. It'll be good to work on just one and let it flourish, I just wish it hadn't happened the way it did.

36316650506_71e032c1be_z.jpg

36192456822_6ba6192ece_z.jpg

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Merthynia said:

:flower: Hello! How is your evening?

Coming to a much needed end , today was cluster eff . Was messing around with the tank last night and left the lights on all night so been staring at the dark abyss today too. 

How about you ? 

Just now, jbb_00 said:

Coming to a much needed end , today was cluster eff . Was messing around with the tank last night and left the lights on all night so been staring at the dark abyss today too. 

How about you ? 

Had to make that awful post up there tonight. Mostly cleaning and putting stuff away and making a list for IKEA! Lol, there isn't enough storage here for me. I've spent the last week unpacking and exploring a good portion of the area around me. How is your tank?

7 minutes ago, Merthynia said:

Had to make that awful post up there tonight. Mostly cleaning and putting stuff away and making a list for IKEA! Lol, there isn't enough storage here for me. I've spent the last week unpacking and exploring a good portion of the area around me. How is your tank?

Ikea is amazing.  

Tank is young so not much going on with it , just a few gorgs , one sponge left down from 3, and one fish.  Need better lights before I spend more on coral. 

• Like 1
Just now, jbb_00 said:

Ikea is amazing.  

Tank is young so not much , just a few gorgs , one sponge left down from 3, and one fish.  Need better lights before I spend more on coral. 

Ikea IS AMAZING! I should limit how many times I go there! :lol: 

I hear ya on the lights. I have my oldest nanobox over the tank at the moment since I set it up when I didn't have internet. But I got to wondering if Dave is still doing the upgrades for the old models, maybe I should do that. What are your plans for the tank? Or do you have a thread?

2 minutes ago, Merthynia said:

Ikea IS AMAZING! I should limit how many times I go there! :lol: 

I hear ya on the lights. I have my oldest nanobox over the tank at the moment since I set it up when I didn't have internet. But I got to wondering if Dave is still doing the upgrades for the old models, maybe I should do that. What are your plans for the tank? Or do you have a thread?

No thread , im horrible at keeping them updated .  Going the easy route with a gorg / softy caribbean tank. Something that i wont have to fight with on a daily basis to keep alive. 

4 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

No thread , im horrible at keeping them updated .  Going the easy route with a gorg / softy caribbean tank. Something that i wont have to fight with on a daily basis to keep alive. 

That sounds fair. I think I can actually keep this thread updated now that it's only the one and only one tank. It helps a lot to actually be living somewhere with a decent lfs. I think I'm going to try easier options myself this go-around.

• Like 1

Welcome back! I'm sorry about everything you lost in the move but I have to confess I'm a little jealous of you only having one tank to care for. 

Using the opportunity to rescape is a great idea and it will help you get excited about the tank too. 

Those kitties are super cute :wub:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Merthynia said:

So I a lot has happened in the last year...

MERTHY!!

omgomgomg

So glad you popped in, Nick and I were wondering about you the other day (were your ears burning?!?). I hope you stay around and keep us all updated for a while. Very sorry to hear that your move didn't go well, but now you have an LFS closer so you can rebuild! 

• Thanks 1
On 8/4/2017 at 0:46 AM, teenyreef said:

Welcome back! I'm sorry about everything you lost in the move but I have to confess I'm a little jealous of you only having one tank to care for. 

Using the opportunity to rescape is a great idea and it will help you get excited about the tank too. 

Those kitties are super cute :wub:

Yeah I'm hoping that it will rekindle the love for the tank for sure. I think only the really nasty palys made it on the rocks so I might exchange them out slowly for some new rock work! :) I'm glad to be back. My kitties are so ornery!!!

On 8/4/2017 at 8:27 AM, kimberbee said:

MERTHY!!

omgomgomg

So glad you popped in, Nick and I were wondering about you the other day (were your ears burning?!?). I hope you stay around and keep us all updated for a while. Very sorry to hear that your move didn't go well, but now you have an LFS closer so you can rebuild! 

Haha they were a little!! I'm going to try and be way more active this year, it's my goal! I'm so glad to have a better lfs that I can actually have a chance of getting supplies and deals! Same with getting much quicker shipping of stuff ordered online.

• Like 2

So many cool people in those pics above!!!

So sorry about the losses from the move, here's hoping the newer tank version will be even better than what came before. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

So many cool people in those pics above!!!

So sorry about the losses from the move, here's hoping the newer tank version will be even better than what came before. 

I cannot wait to meet them all again! Macna last year was a blast! 

Thank you for the well wishes! I hope to outshine what I've had before. 

• Like 1