Innovative Marine Aquariums

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

I have special rounded corner connectors! This was my V1- Its not great. I order a TON of clear mesh and the special rimless attachments so that it will not be visible at all.

The current version is just a trial- V2 will have black frame, clear mesh, rounded corners, and be below the rim.

IMG_1097_zpszb4zkixe.jpg

Nice job on that top

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cencalfishguy56

Tomorrow school lets out at 11:15- I wish you all luck! Haha

Just redoing the top to be sleeker, and with clear mesh (if I can find it locally).

I also have been looking at a beautiful trachphyllia for the last month or so at the LFS- very fairly priced and simply astonishing!

I'm drunk and on nano ref haha :lol: looks good bro ;)

HarryPotter

in denver they're closer to 80-100

Wow bummer! They're mostly in that range at the LFSs here, it's just that one guy tat sells them for cheap!

I should start trading clams for fancy acros!

HarryPotter

I'm picking up a small Crocea clam today, $12 for a "Small Ultra" one. Excited!

Do Crocea clams have the same requirements as Maximas? Rock or sand?

thecoralbeauty

I'm picking up a small Crocea clam today, $12 for a "Small Ultra" one. Excited!

Do Crocea clams have the same requirements as Maximas? Rock or sand?

in my experience, the shells shape is the major difference. Id stick with sand for all of them- as you learned from lucinda, they get attached to things pretty fast...

so freaking jealous of your clam shopping. i want like two or three more little guys.

in fact, if you find a really bright aqua/teal(light blue if you don't speak color like women do) thats about an inch or so (or less) PLEASE let me know. i know you're still figuring out how to ship, but i'd love love love one of those.

HarryPotter

in my experience, the shells shape is the major difference. Id stick with sand for all of them- as you learned from lucinda, they get attached to things pretty fast...

so freaking jealous of your clam shopping. i want like two or three more little guys.

in fact, if you find a really bright aqua/teal(light blue if you don't speak color like women do) thats about an inch or so (or less) PLEASE let me know. i know you're still figuring out how to ship, but i'd love love love one of those.

Can you calculate the shipping from 33156 to your address? I still have the insane packing material from buying Lucinda online. If you send me the shipping label, I can pop it into the same shipping material and send it to you.

It might only be worth it if you want like 3 or for small $10-15 clams, since quick shipping is like $30 bucks

I PMd you Morgan :)

thecoralbeauty

i'm sure we could figure this out somehow. What carrier? there's gotta be a way to calculate shipping for these things.

Gena seems to have her system figured out super well, maybe we should ask her.

heck if there are 3 under 1 inch clams, with good coloring, heck yea i'd go for that.

HarryPotter

i'm sure we could figure this out somehow. What carrier? there's gotta be a way to calculate shipping for these things.

Gena seems to have her system figured out super well, maybe we should ask her.

heck if there are 3 under 1 inch clams, with good coloring, heck yea i'd go for that.

Large are $15, small ones less.

I recently checked one day (fastest) shipping and it was $40. Like I send Wednesday by 7:00 PM and it arrives before 10:30am the next day!

Let's see if HE ships first lol. Crocea or Maxima? :lol:

thecoralbeauty

Large are $15, small ones less.

I recently checked one day (fastest) shipping and it was $40. Like I send Wednesday by 7:00 PM and it arrives before 10:30am the next day!

Let's see if HE ships first lol. Crocea or Maxima? :lol:

haha- that would be awesome. thats such a steal, too.

I've only ever had maxima. i've seen some gorgeous croacea ones though, too. I think it depends on the clam =) i'm definitely more of a color snob than anything else.

HarryPotter

haha- that would be awesome. thats such a steal, too.

I've only ever had maxima. i've seen some gorgeous croacea ones though, too. I think it depends on the clam =) i'm definitely more of a color snob than anything else.

I've never seen anything like his Crocea clams. They put Lucinda to shame! (Color wise)

I'll post the photos here- I'm picking up my clam at 11:30 and will get pictures then! Of Crocras AND Maximas

thecoralbeauty

I've never seen anything like his Crocea clams. They put Lucinda to shame! (Color wise)

I'll post the photos here- I'm picking up my clam at 11:30 and will get pictures then! Of Crocras AND Maximas

i'm fairly certain i'll be teaching math to 7th graders around that time, but i'll hurry and check when i can. hope no one decides to snatch up anything precious if i'm late getting back...

HarryPotter

i'm fairly certain i'll be teaching math to 7th graders around that time, but i'll hurry and check when i can. hope no one decides to snatch up anything precious if i'm late getting back...

Whoops scratch that school lets out at 11:50, not 11:15! :lol:

HarryPotter

Ahh Morgan- he and his clams are all at the Frag Show! I bought a small Crocea (beautiful ?) but no Maximas in stock!

HarryPotter

so nothing small?

really?

you'd tease me like that???

:furious:

He HAD them on the weekend! I saw! Now he's up for the Frag Show! Ahhhh sorry!

HarryPotter

when can you go back and see??

Omg theres so much pressure right now :o

Ill text him- I know on Tuesday he gas a GIGANTIC order ($6000+ WholeSale) coming in directly from Indonesia, which he said would include a "Ton" of clams and RFAs.

He ships all the time- has an entire room dedicated to it. Fancy boxes, insulation, commercial fedex account, etc.

HarryPotter

Where do you guys get 15 dollar clams?

Theres a dude local (Miami Fl) that has a few thousand gallon grow-out tanks. He ships direct from Indonesia!

I got another today...... I confess. I couldn't resist trying a Crocea!

Yeah harry! Does he have a website

I found him on craigslist, dunno.

Ive only met him in person once, the other two times it was someone else (His Mom?)

Ill get the link in a minute

thecoralbeauty

I'm more confused as to why you say you'll text him, and then come back and say in a PM you don't have his number.

and he's off craigslist?

um, pardon the pun, but fishy much...??

HarryPotter

I'm more confused as to why you say you'll text him, and then come back and say in a PM you don't have his number.

and he's off craigslist?

um, pardon the pun, but fishy much...??

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-03%20at%202.28.0

I don't know what you mean by "Fishy". He's at the Florida Frag fest.....

thecoralbeauty

i mean generally if you say you can text someone, you have their number. unless in florida you use carrier pigeons or smoke signals... :P

perfectcorals.com is the website? The clams on there aren't very bright like you're describing so i'm assuming he just hasn't updated anything due to the huge shipments. also they're listed at 50$ not 15...

i can wait. lol

lets see the new clam?

Archived