Top Shelf Aquatics

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

HarryPotter

I liked my lta it just got way to big for my nano cube 28. I do however love my rainbow bubble tip.

Picture!!!!!!! Im looking for a RED BUBBLE!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

I am not longer rimless.

Sadly, as of today I no longer will leave my tank rimless. I refuse to be one of those inconsiderate jerks that lets their fish jump out, just to have the "sleek" rimless look.

As of now I am using a glass top (really clean ;) ) but may consider a mesh version as well.

D5192F16-591B-47FB-962F-F0B6752E3BCB_zps

HarryPotter

Nice work. I run a screen top on my rimless for same reason

Did you make it yourself?

I am thinking of the BRS kit, but as a bow front tank I may struggle with it

Yeah made my own with window screen kit and brs mesh. I do keep it off when I'm sitting around watching tank but when not there it's on. My clowns are pretty crazy and jump a lot along with my yellow wrasse.

HarryPotter

Thanks- I'll look into it. The stock lid (glass) is actually really nice- super clear and easy to take on and off. I may leave it until I figure out another solution (if neccesary).

I guess if there are white spots (salt creep) on the glass, I'll know the clownfish are jumpers! Haha

Still keeping my eyes peeled for a nice RTBA. It'll make a great host for my True Perculas I think, and is pretty hardy.

Wow! There are a ton of different kinds of bubble tip anemones!

This is one from Coral Collection, $80

E9EDD1D9-6BB6-4EA4-A52A-D95C9A45BC16_zps

HarryPotter

So these clownfish are insanely hyper (like me! omgomgomg). They swim all around the tank, up and down, etc. it's dizzying to watch!

There is a lot of flow in the tank, but I don't think that will be an issue. Right?

I really want a RBTA! <-- that might be my new signature :lol:

Oh and I forgot to mention:

The store had these two for over a month.

At the LFS, I asked the employee to feed the clowns and they ate flakes, pellets, AND mysys. Lil fatsos! :wub:

Great advice! I really appreciate all the valuable insight you put into my thread Braap! :P

Yeah InTank is here! Read up on the review- I love em!

Holy mother of god title change 683.....

HarryPotter

Holy mother of god title change 683.....

Chill dude! It's not a big deal

I change the subheading to reflect any recent developments. It's not a big deal! Calm your CDO!

Chill dude! It's not a big deal

I change the subheading to reflect any recent developments. It's not a big deal! Calm your CDO!

I'll be on the lookout for 684. Gonna start calling you Kat JR. She changes her title all the time too.

HarryPotter

I don't care- look all you want! It'll probably change by this afternoon since I'm meeting someone who is selling me a beautiful Orange bubble tip anemone! It's $50, but much nicer than the typical RBTA

I'll be on the lookout for 684. Gonna start calling you Kat JR. She changes her title all the time too.

HarryPotter

Awe man my new RFA moved right up to my torch coral! I'll have to move the torch, since moving the RFA would probably tear it's foot

HarryPotter

I finally broke down the NanoCube :(

Good times- my first tank! Hopefully someone will be coming over to buy the tank and stand for pretty cheap- I just have to get rid of it!

Clownfish are pretty awesome BTW- I think they're paired!

HarryPotter

Poor cube... get some money for it and inspire a new hobbyist

Yep :(

I decided the tank, stand, pumps, sump, overflow, a bunch of DR (~20lbs), and salt for $125.

Pretty good deal, because I just want to get rid of it tonight

HarryPotter

You're killing me... that's like $300+ out here...

Yeah I know, but I want it out tonight. There's someone about an hour away that's interested, so I offered that if they pick it up tonight.

He's coming over with a truck :)

Oh the tank has no lights also

HarryPotter

So I attempted to make a mesh cover for the tank, and failed epically! Back to smeared glass :(

Not a big deal, but the spectrum is getting changed through the salt creep on the cover. Maybe if I calm down the vortech.. Hmmm...

HarryPotter

I bumped the Radion to 70% Intensity today, really curious how it goes. Everything looks good, and I'm figuring out dosing. I also gave a nice wave going with the Vortech on 40%, really cool.

Today:

10ml B-Ionic Alkalinity

10ml B-Ionic Calcium

2 Capfuls Marine Snow

5x 1mm pellets (For clowns)

1x Flakes (For the clowns who wouldn't eat the pellets)

1/2x Mysis Cubes (Since the f****** clowns wouldn't eat the pellets or flakes)

Cencalfishguy56

I bumped the Radion to 70% Intensity today, really curious how it goes. Everything looks good, and I'm figuring out dosing. I also gave a nice wave going with the Vortech on 40%, really cool.

Today:

10ml B-Ionic Alkalinity

10ml B-Ionic Calcium

2 Capfuls Marine Snow

5x 1mm pellets (For clowns)

1x Flakes (For the clowns who wouldn't eat the pellets)

1/2x Mysis Cubes (Since the f****** clowns wouldn't eat the pellets or flakes)

Picky ass clowns haha mine are everything like pigs they would beg be putting their head out the water for food when Id walk by

Ate

Archived