inTank Media Baskets

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

HarryPotter

Picky ass clowns haha mine are everything like pigs they would beg be putting their head out the water for food when Id walk by

Ate

I don't know! These A-hole True Perculas are really stuck up!

I tried feeding my new RFA but they just took it! Haha I'm not really upset, it was really cute :wub:

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

They STILL won't eat pellets or flakes. A-holes!

In other news, I'm out of RO and had to unplug the top-off. Hopefully I can get some tomorrow!

Oh and I have $150 from selling my NanoCube setup! Hmm..,.....

HarryPotter

you know you're thinking about it... just get a spectra pure....

Ship to me... I'll break it in for you

I know I know..... Their 90gpd refurbished is nice?

HarryPotter

Finally got them to eat flakes! I put a few drops of garlic on the flakes and the clowns loved it!

Thats okay, right?

HarryPotter

Tested the water today:

Ca: 420

Kh: 7.0

PO4: 0.0

No3: 0-5

The 10 ml ALK and 10 ml Ca is not enough.

New dosing schedule:

15 ml ALK (7.5 morning, 7.5 night)

15 ml Ca (7.5 morning, 7.5 night)

This is still manual, in little vials. Hopefully a Jebao doser is in my near future!

thecoralbeauty

Harry-

I just noticed a rather large and sudden ammonia spike in my little fluval that i (with your advice) decided not to fully cycle empty. I did a water change and all is fine, but just an FYI- keep a close eye out. it seems as though at least in this small space- live rock and bacteria or not, a full cycle MAY have helped stabilize things a bit.

Then again, I have a DSB and i'm feeding heavily. so, it could just be that.

anyway, just thought to warn you!

thecoralbeauty

jk- looks like the ammonia spike is over, it's more of a nitrite problem now. to the tune of 5ppm. (NOT .5- 5.0. yipes!) and a nitrate problem- about 30ppm.

guess this mean's i've officially cycled! hah...

guess who's doing another water change???

this is where a spectra pure would come in handy- I'm super happy i got mine now =) you never know when you'll need it. I was doing fine with tap water, but now I'm happy i made the investment. I justified it by figuring i've spent a LOT more money on livestock than the money i'd spend on the RODI unit, and it would essentially be throwing it away if i didn't get a unit in case of emergency.

HarryPotter

Harry-

I just noticed a rather large and sudden ammonia spike in my little fluval that i (with your advice) decided not to fully cycle empty. I did a water change and all is fine, but just an FYI- keep a close eye out. it seems as though at least in this small space- live rock and bacteria or not, a full cycle MAY have helped stabilize things a bit.

Then again, I have a DSB and i'm feeding heavily. so, it could just be that.

anyway, just thought to warn you!

Thanks! I was almost going to comment a few days ago about feeding the nem so much haha- glad everything is okay!

I'm not sure a full cycle could have prevented the ammonia after all that food in a tiny tank, but that's definitely something I will take into account- thanks,

jk- looks like the ammonia spike is over, it's more of a nitrite problem now. to the tune of 5ppm. (NOT .5- 5.0. yipes!) and a nitrate problem- about 30ppm.

guess this mean's i've officially cycled! hah...

guess who's doing another water change???

this is where a spectra pure would come in handy- I'm super happy i got mine now =) you never know when you'll need it. I was doing fine with tap water, but now I'm happy i made the investment. I justified it by figuring i've spent a LOT more money on livestock than the money i'd spend on the RODI unit, and it would essentially be throwing it away if i didn't get a unit in case of emergency.

Well that was fast! Glad it's okay :)

I'm curious what the "five minute cycle" was caused by, since I've never heard of that happening so quickly. More than likely it was just extra food decomposing, and then bring processes I think.

Good point about emergencies though!

I've NEVER mixed my own salt water, since it always turns white and is deadly to the tank. Weird.

Even using RO/DI from the store, same story. I just don't understand..

lilmatty5dimes

Dang if you were closer I could sell you one of these for $50. Lol clowns look great. They'll settle in a lil better with time. Mine are doing the same thing unless I'm feeding them. Here's a pic

5FE93FEA-9B69-479F-8E91-C3AB4CCCF35C_zps

4C49866C-7838-4308-85B1-74F4F82EF2F6_zps

HarryPotter

Dang if you were closer I could sell you one of these for $50. Lol clowns look great. They'll settle in a lil better with time. Mine are doing the same thing unless I'm feeding them. Here's a pic5FE93FEA-9B69-479F-8E91-C3AB4CCCF35C_zps4C49866C-7838-4308-85B1-74F4F82EF2F6_zps

Awwwww such a tease! Haha they're beautiful :)

I'd trade you a Clam!

Let me know if you do get a doser, its on my list of planned upgrades. At the same time I Think I'll switch from Red Sea two part to BRS - what are you using to dose?

I got your PM as soon as I have my next Miami trip scheduled I will repond to work out a trade.

lilmatty5dimes

Awwwww such a tease! Haha they're beautiful :)

I'd trade you a Clam!

Damn now that's just a tease for a clam. Lol killer me
HarryPotter

Let me know if you do get a doser, its on my list of planned upgrades. At the same time I Think I'll switch from Red Sea two part to BRS - what are you using to dose?

I got your PM as soon as I have my next Miami trip scheduled I will repond to work out a trade.

Right now I am using B-Ionic two part, since the Kent A&B Nano was too diluted. They come with nice little cups- I do 7.5 ml in the morning and 7.5ml at night.

It's just been a few days though, so I don't know how they compare to Kent or BRS.

I'm planning on getting a Jebao or Marine Magic Doser- cheap, but from what I've heard effective

Damn now that's just a tease for a clam. Lol killer me

Haha yeah but I'd come out ahead- I bought my 5" maxima for $15 down here, and he has more!

HarryPotter

Where are you getting these super cheap clams??

Local! There's a guy with a bunch of 1000g grow out tanks in Kendall (like 5 minutes away from my school) and the prices are amazing!

Next up I'm hoping for a Deresa, the purples are incredible!

Local! There's a guy with a bunch of 1000g grow out tanks in Kendall (like 5 minutes away from my school) and the prices are amazing!

Next up I'm hoping for a Deresa, the purples are incredible!

Oh BTW my whole family is from Philly! Augusta St :)

HarryPotter

Change the name again harry

lmfao

I decided to leave it like this for good. The title shouldn't have any update, that's what the content is for!

A little birdie reccomended this omgomgomg

Archived