inTank Media Baskets

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

Cencalfishguy56

What do you think of the Advanced Acrylics one?

Its an AIO

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-04%20at%205.20.1

Can you send me the picture? I can't see it on ReefCentral

Oh and treasure coast coral is two and a half hours away :(

Im VERY south lol

I just checked their tanks out, they are here in Cali and seem like some nice base tanks with the ability to customize and add what you like and for free shipping you can't beat that, just all depends if you like acrylic over glass IMO

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

I just checked their tanks out, they are here in Cali and seem like some nice base tanks with the ability to customize and add what you like and for free shipping you can't beat that, just all depends if you like acrylic over glass IMO

I would rather glass, Starphire :wub:

Any glass "frag" (Shallow) tank seems to be a custom order- whether through Miracles, Reef Savvy, etc

Cencalfishguy56

I would rather glass, Starphire :wub:

Any glass "frag" (Shallow) tank seems to be a custom order- whether through Miracles, Reef Savvy, etc

Yea glass is so expensive I just ordered a custom rimless drilled tank 20L from my LFS and it was $225 I asked how much for the samething in a 30L and the price was $450 I was like 20L please lol

I'm thinking about trying a sump from advanced acrylics though

HarryPotter

Yea glass is so expensive I just ordered a custom rimless drilled tank 20L from my LFS and it was $225 I asked how much for the samething in a 30L and the price was $450 I was like 20L please lol

I'm thinking about trying a sump from advanced acrylics though

Yeah those sumps are AWESOME! I wanted to get a bubble king sump for this tank, but the JBJ stand has a central support that canceled that plan

Cencalfishguy56

Yeah those sumps are AWESOME! I wanted to get a bubble king sump for this tank, but the JBJ stand has a central support that canceled that plan

Laaaaaame should have built a stand like me bro haha

HarryPotter

I have been looking at dosers, but my budget is under $200. That leaves Jebao ($100), Marine Magic ($100), etc.

Any recommendations?

I could probably get one of the Eshopps dosers from NR classifieds

lilmatty5dimes

What do you think of the Advanced Acrylics one?

Its an AIO

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-04%20at%205.20.1

Can you send me the picture? I can't see it on ReefCentral

Oh and treasure coast coral is two and a half hours away :(

Im VERY south lol

oh man your way down south. lol let me try to add the pic.

AIO tank IMHO are a pita. i had a lfs/good friend set one up pretty close to that and he had so many problems with algae, the back getting dirty, and after about 3 months tore it down and sold it. i had a nuvo 16 and the back was always dirty so much crap fell back there and took time to clean it all up every couple weeks to make sure the nitrates and PO4 wasn't bad. the tank i have now is a cadlight 12g AIO tank that i gutted the false wall and stuck 2 aquaclear 50 on the back for my filters. guess its just a personal preference. lol

I have been looking at dosers, but my budget is under $200. That leaves Jebao ($100), Marine Magic ($100), etc.

Any recommendations?

I could probably get one of the Eshopps dosers from NR classifieds

look at the marine color. i used that for a year and have a few friends using them for over 3 years and love it. but i've also heard great things on the other 2. i'm probably going with the jebao when the time comes.

here's that 20g tank with glass holes

post-70458-0-13959700-1433458961_thumb.jpg

HarryPotter

I use the Jebao DS-4 and it's great. Really easy to calibrate and in my experience the doser is spot on.

I'm sorry- DP-4 or DS-4? Are there multiple models?

HarryPotter

Sorry was going off the top of my head, the DP-4. :)

It looks like it has solid reviews, and is perfect for my price range and requirements.

I would like it to dose 15ml Ca and 15ml Alk daily, and in the future possibly a Mg supplement if the two part is not sufficient.

The DP-4 has four heads, so I would have redundancy if one broke.

Cencalfishguy56

It looks like it has solid reviews, and is perfect for my price range and requirements.

I would like it to dose 15ml Ca and 15ml Alk daily, and in the future possibly a Mg supplement if the two part is not sufficient.

The DP-4 has four heads, so I would have redundancy if one broke.

Thanks to you Harry I think I'm gonna buy a sump from advanced acrylics haha damn it im about to spend more money :lol::(

I just emailed them and they said they could have it to me by next Wednesday

HarryPotter

Thanks to you Harry I think I'm gonna buy a sump from advanced acrylics haha damn it im about to spend more money :lol::(

I just emailed them and they said they could have it to me by next Wednesday

HAHA!

I'm jealous :) you'll love it!

Which one? A bubble king?

HarryPotter

I wish! Don't want to spend too much but this one bro http://advancedacrylics.com/collections/sumps/products/1-4-sump

Simple and sweet

Very nice man! Your skimmer fits?

It's simple and effective- lol the only benefit of the BK is the crazy colors!

Plus the free shipping is awesome :$

I installed in stand lighting this afternoon- pretty nice!

It was a kit on Amazon and the light turns on when you open the cabinet. Weird!

DE55563A-AC1B-425E-B389-C1C5C359CFAA_zps

Damn the photo doesn't show the lighting. It's really bright! LED pucks above every section, with a built in dimmer

Cencalfishguy56

Very nice man! Your skimmer fits?

It's simple and effective- lol the only benefit of the BK is the crazy colors!

Plus the free shipping is awesome :$

I installed in stand lighting this afternoon- pretty nice!

It was a kit on Amazon and the light turns on when you open the cabinet. Weird!

DE55563A-AC1B-425E-B389-C1C5C359CFAA_zps

Damn the photo doesn't show the lighting. It's really bright! LED pucks above every section, with a built in dimmer

Cencalfishguy56

Haven't bought one yet for that exact reason! But it's a standard ten gallon basically, I was gonna use my old 10 gallon and make a sump but I want to not have to do too much work but I know I love the red haha but nice bro I'm gonna have to check that kit out

HarryPotter

Haven't bought one yet for that exact reason! But it's a standard ten gallon basically, I was gonna use my old 10 gallon and make a sump but I want to not have to do too much work but I know I love the red haha but nice bro I'm gonna have to check that kit out

I'll post the link to it when I get home, it's four BRIGHT pucks (I use three) that turn on automatically when the cabinet opens. You can select the brightness too! Under $30 and it comes with mounting stuff

HarryPotter

Anyone?

I'm not sure if I should just go for the Jebao DP4 or save up for a Bubble Magnus/Vertex doser. Opinions? I would just be using it for two part (for now)

HarryPotter

Get something you don't have to upgrade any time soon.

Why would anyone need to upgrade a doser? Lol! It does 1-9999 ml a day!

I see your point

Anyone?

I'm not sure if I should just go for the Jebao DP4 or save up for a Bubble Magnus/Vertex doser. Opinions? I would just be using it for two part (for now)

There's been a few people here using that Jebao.....think results have been decent.

For that price.....I'd try it.

HarryPotter

There's been a few people here using that Jebao.....think results have been decent.

For that price.....I'd try it.

Sweet hopefully I'll have it in a week or so. :)

Archived