Innovative Marine Aquariums

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

HarryPotter

carpet nem shouldnt be causng the warfare idon't think. generally its mechanical warfare with them, not chemical. who knows. I had some snotting going on in response to new carbon, i'd just suck out what you can and if it's not gone over night, THEN start ruling things out.

Hey good news (I think)! Im an Idiot!

So I did a full parameter test- all perfect. Then I saw my refractometer and decided "Hey I should check that out that ancient piece of equipment"

:unsure:

It turns out because I acclimated so many critters two days ago, my ATO kept on compensating with RO.

(And yes, Refractometer is calibrated)!

My Acclimations brought the salinity to 1.021!

​Gahhhhh... Put a handful of salt on the filter floss (I know, but it was urgent) and replaced RO with salt.

Damnit!

This is probably the cause of the boogers! :furious:

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

So on Amazon.com "Warehouse Deals" I found a Cad-Lights PLS 50 Elite for $75!

It says "Damaged packaging", so I'm pretty thrilled to get it half off!

Really thrilled. A few more rounds of selling frags, candy, washing cars, etc. and ill have myself a doser!

Yeah, I know that its not all about the equipment. I just really enjoy the technological aspect of the hobby- from programming controllers to DIY LED fixtures and studying wavelengths. Im giving coral additions a break for now, so can work on making the system more stable and clean.

On the way:

• 6x Clam "Donut" (Hammock)
  • 1x Cad-Lights PLS-50 Elite Skimmer
  • 1x RapidLED CREE Cyan Solderless LED (To fix a LED fixture that isn't working properly)
  • 2'x2' Flood tank (Anyone reading this? Its going to be awesome)
  • Assorted 2x4's for my first stand build (For above)
charnelhouse

If Harry does not sleep, ever, that is the number of posts he makes per hour on N-R. 24/7 since he joined.

I can't keep up with this thread :P

HarryPotter

If Harry does not sleep, ever, that is the number of posts he makes per hour on N-R. 24/7 since he joined.

I can't keep up with this thread :P

Hee Hee I guess you'll just have to learn to read faster!

Sleep is over-rated dude.....

charnelhouse

Hee Hee I guess you'll just have to learn to read faster!

Sleep is over-rated dude.....

I used to say that exact same thing. All the time. At 47 I don't feel quite the same... LOL.

HarryPotter

I used to say that exact same thing. All the time. At 47 I don't feel quite the same... LOL.

Haha well I'm still hyper and hormone filled- 17! :P Eventually I may catch a wink or two, but for now naiad

Anyway, look forward to an entire additional build. Im thinking a 2x2 Flood Table with a DIY stand, Radion/DIY fixture, BK skimmer, etc. Its going to be for my clam growout/breeding setup! I want millions of tiny clams! Cut out their gonads and cause a "Mass Spawning Event"!

How cool would that be. Millions of tiny clams. Omg. Teeth chattering. Id be "Harry's M. Clams" (Maxima)

HarryPotter

I don't think I've ever posted a picture of the tank in the morning (Lights out), or with the background. The setup is pretty clean- everything hidden away except my Radion Ballast and ReefLink

IMG_1207_zpsdkbo8r7v.jpgIMG_1208_zpskzqzkw9e.jpg

Looks nicer with lights LOL

BC0C81E1-B8F1-4504-81F6-99E05CB31DD7_zps

Edit:

Just realized the wiring from the Radion came out of the RMS mount. Ill fix that :)

thecoralbeauty

love the tank. wish i had a dedicated stand instead of my filing cabinet but so life goes i suppose.

not recommending breeding clams. its bloody hard/mostly impossible unless youve plotted out part of the ocean, not a tank. but hey, if you can do it, props to you!

HarryPotter

love the tank. wish i had a dedicated stand instead of my filing cabinet but so life goes i suppose.

not recommending breeding clams. its bloody hard/mostly impossible unless youve plotted out part of the ocean, not a tank. but hey, if you can do it, props to you!

The stand was surprisingly high quality given its a "Knockdown Stand". Its not MDF, but something MUCH harder and the coating is inside as well to protect the wood.

I know its really hard to breed clams, and may start with just buying a few DOZEN tiny ones from the local guy (Im betting I can get $10 each in bulk) and growing out/selling them.

He has bred clams before, and had great success with Maximas. Im hoping to follow along when he does it again soon

A 2x2 or 2x4 Flood Tray (8 deep) with a RO skimmer, Radion Lighting, etc. Its like a frag tank on steroids?

thecoralbeauty

The stand was surprisingly high quality given its a "Knockdown Stand". Its not MDF, but something MUCH harder and the coating is inside as well to protect the wood.

I know its really hard to breed clams, and may start with just buying a few DOZEN tiny ones from the local guy (Im betting I can get $10 each in bulk) and growing out/selling them.

He has bred clams before, and had great success with Maximas. Im hoping to follow along when he does it again soon

A 2x2 or 2x4 Flood Tray (8 deep) with a RO skimmer, Radion Lighting, etc. Its like a frag tank on steroids?

when you go to watch him do it, take a video if he'll let you!! (you know, AFTER you have him ship out the ones you pick for me, duh)
HarryPotter

when you go to watch him do it, take a video if he'll let you!! (you know, AFTER you have him ship out the ones you pick for me, duh)

Duh after ;)

Hmm I might be picking up the 2x2 Flood Tray (Frag Tank?) today. Its pretty cheap and with a DIY stand could be awesome

I know I am late to the party, but.

JACKSON IS VERY CUTE!

Harry - hook me up with some cheap clams dude. Ask the LFS if they will ship, they have the boxes and everything.

HarryPotter

I know I am late to the party, but. JACKSON IS VERY CUTE! Harry - hook me up with some cheap clams dude. Ask the LFS if they will ship, they have the boxes and everything.

Yeah he ships! Shipping is expensive though, probably only worth it if you are getting a lot of clams lol

HarryPotter

The clam on the left is MWhiteLocks- this one is light purple with yellow stripes. Getting teal later

IMG_1222_zpsdrdriozg.jpg

HarryPotter

whoa. when did this signature happen? haha

Blame FlowerMama!!!!

I wish he would open- he's so tiny! :)

Also- like the RFA

Thanks- my first one :wub:

Its getting awful close to the Carpet Anemone though....

thecoralbeauty

Blame FlowerMama!!!!

Thanks- my first one :wub:

Its getting awful close to the Carpet Anemone though....

Im sure the two of them will sort it out.

And hah, i like it =) my thread gets weird like that lol

is the clam happy now?

HarryPotter

Im sure the two of them will sort it out.

And hah, i like it =) my thread gets weird like that lol

is the clam happy now?

Yesss clam is happy, but now lights are shutting down for the night (Radion Problems). Its totally blue ATM and will be completely off at midnight.

He's getting a large shipment from Australia (This was from Vietnam) this week, so Ill cherry pick your other two and then be all good! :)

thecoralbeauty

Yesss clam is happy, but now lights are shutting down for the night (Radion Problems). Its totally blue ATM and will be completely off at midnight.

He's getting a large shipment from Australia (This was from Vietnam) this week, so Ill cherry pick your other two and then be all good! :)

Awesome! Im so excited. =)

think i'll have them by my birthday on the 17th??

So curious how your clam grow-out project will turn out.

HarryPotter

Awesome! Im so excited. =)

think i'll have them by my birthday on the 17th??

So curious how your clam grow-out project will turn out.

Ummmmmmm yeah definitely! Ill get the other two this week, and shipping is overnight!

So your little clam is pretty darn cute. Its BFFs with the cleaner shrimp that is enjoying the tiny bit of abnormal (From another tank) algae!

Don't worry- I tucked it in for bed, read it a story, and gave it some phyto :)

HarryPotter

I actually ordered my skimmer AND doser today! On Amazon the PLS-50 Elite skimmer had "Damaged packaging" and was only $70! Such a great deal!

So I ordered the skimmer $70, and the Jebao DP-4 Doser- $75. Not bad!

Before the flood table project starts I really want to get a RO/DI filter, so may need some time for the grow-out project

Nice Additions Harry tanks looking real good.

Thanks! Im really happy that the Millipora (I think thats what it is) had so much PE tonight. I was worried about it at first since I dropped it (Im a total klutz recently- I blame hormones) but it didn't chip and looks great.

The Mystery-Acro also looks happy!

Uh Oh. Im feeling the "Ditch LPS & Softies" for clams and SPS....

Archived