SaltCritters.com

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

HarryPotter

There's been a few people here using that Jebao.....think results have been decent.

For that price.....I'd try it.

Amazon does offer a 30 day return period if I don't like it.

What would be the "next level" in terms of quality? Vertex? Bubble Magnus? Eshopps?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

Wow! Clams are SO HAPPY today!

I think it's since I accidentally spilled like half a cup of marine snow into the tank yesterday lol

14561ED3-0BBA-43EF-8026-6B89FCC2AF95_zps

And a full tank shot :)

FE70912E-FFBC-42DE-9F52-99EC980C2A68_zps

HarryPotter

How open is TOO open? I am a little concerned that the gold maxima's (left) output is really big. You can see its internals and everything

thecoralbeauty

bigger clams tend to just open more.. it doesn't look like gaping to me (which is more like 0 shaped and wide)- but google search for images of clams that are exhibiting the "gaping" stress behavior (make sure safe search is on, haha) and compare with what you're seeing.

HarryPotter

bigger clams tend to just open more.. it doesn't look like gaping to me (which is more like 0 shaped and wide)- but google search for images of clams that are exhibiting the "gaping" stress behavior (make sure safe search is on, haha) and compare with what you're seeing.

I forgot safe search.

Eyes slowly withering.

Internals becoming inside out.

Bile rising.

Hmm I guess its not gaping, just really happy with my accidental overdose of PhytoPlankton

The jebao are really good for there price but from what I have read you tell it to dose 1ml for the day it might dose 1.10ml instead there accuracy is not 100% compared to other options out there so you will have to work with to figure out how much it is actually dosing. If you can live with that then its a great dosing pump.

Also wholesale they are $65 for 1-5. 5-25 is $60 and 25-100 is $50 so $80 shipped is a dang good price.

HarryPotter

The jebao are really good for there price but from what I have read you tell it to dose 1ml for the day it might dose 1.10ml instead there accuracy is not 100% compared to other options out there so you will have to work with to figure out how much it is actually dosing. If you can live with that then its a great dosing pump.

Also wholesale they are $65 for 1-5. 5-25 is $60 and 25-100 is $50 so $80 shipped is a dang good price.

My question is if I have a ~$200 budget, which doser would be the best long term investment? Im talking most hours on the pumps, easy to program, etc.

HELL YEAH! FOUND LOCAL FOR $125 (PROBABLY GOING TO GET FOR $100) LESS THAN 7 MINUTES AWAY!

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-05%20at%202.33.5

Thats a a fantastic deal we used those bad boys at the lfs I worked they were perfect.
HarryPotter

Thats a a fantastic deal we used those bad boys at the lfs I worked they were perfect.

Thanks! Picking it up at 6:00pm.

I'm planning on utilizing the stock B-Ionic containers, and am currently making a Velcro mount so there is no chance of them falling over in the stand.

Exciting!

righttirefire

After teasing you about the ATO, I got mine hooked up and messed it up right away... over topped off. It was hilarious and I thought about you

HarryPotter

Got my stuff Harry.......it all looks great. Floating in my sump now.

Awesome! Figure out the mystery yet? Lol

After teasing you about the ATO, I got mine hooked up and messed it up right away... over topped off. It was hilarious and I thought about you

Lol karmas a b****!

HUGE DEVELOPMENT.

B9FEC32C-77B9-4C3B-B104-81295AAF8249_zps

NEW CLAM. NEON CARPET ANEMONE. MINI-MAXI. MONTIPORA. INSANITY

1D39EBDE-DC7D-44D2-8FB5-19423AB6D5DD_zps

FOUR CLAMS. IM DROOLING! CHECK OUT THE NEW ONE WITH PURPLE STRIPES!

BC0C81E1-B8F1-4504-81F6-99E05CB31DD7_zps

I'm going to be getting rid of a bunch of small corals cluttering up the sand bed. Assorted polyps, green candy cane, fox coral, etc.

What do you think?!?! IM IN LOVEEE

HarryPotter

What type of clam is this? A squamosa? Didn't look like the others, but is unbelievable. Just wow.

Check out the purple accents! I paid more for the "ultra" large clam, but it's so worth it.

B9FEC32C-77B9-4C3B-B104-81295AAF8249_zps

lilmatty5dimes

dang i'm clam envious right now. lol i would start looking up care for that carpet. they can be pretty picky in captive. everything looks good. great pick up on the doser. my only thing is what happens when you need a third pump for something?

HarryPotter

dang i'm clam envious right now. lol i would start looking up care for that carpet. they can be pretty picky in captive. everything looks good. great pick up on the doser. my only thing is what happens when you need a third pump for something?

So I didn't end up with that doser. Later on it turned out that one of the pumps needed "a little part" that sounded too sketchy for me. No doser for Harry :(

Thanks! I will begin my carpet research now lol.

My clowns are darting in and out of the carpet. I believe they are building up a tolerance to the stings?

HarryPotter

Is there anything specific about carpet anemone CARE TAKING?

Online I can't find anything besides clean water and the (obvious) occasional feeding

lilmatty5dimes

So I didn't end up with that doser. Later on it turned out that one of the pumps needed "a little part" that sounded too sketchy for me. No doser for Harry :(

Thanks! I will begin my carpet research now lol.

My clowns are darting in and out of the carpet. I believe they are building up a tolerance to the stings?

That's probably for the better. Sounds like a great deal but that part is probably $50. I would look at the marine magic or marine color. Both have a ton of good reviews and about $100. So the extra $100 can be for buying 2 clams and shipping up north a few counties. Lol

Reefcentral has a pretty good section about carpets. I would look there. Was it from a hobbyist tank or freshly shipped in? That's pretty sweet your clowns are already in the carpet. Let see some pics. Lol

Is there anything specific about carpet anemone CARE TAKING?

Online I can't find anything besides clean water and the (obvious) occasional feeding

Do you know what kind of carpet if is? I know of gigs but can't think of the other one.
HarryPotter

That's probably for the better. Sounds like a great deal but that part is probably $50. I would look at the marine magic or marine color. Both have a ton of good reviews and about $100. So the extra $100 can be for buying 2 clams and shipping up north a few counties. Lol

Reefcentral has a pretty good section about carpets. I would look there. Was it from a hobbyist tank or freshly shipped in? That's pretty sweet your clowns are already in the carpet. Let see some pics. Lol

Do you know what kind of carpet if is? I know of gigs but can't think of the other one.

I think Jebao or Marine Magic are where its at.

In terms of what carpet.. I was not aware there are multiple types.

It appears bright green when "Happy" (Undisturbed) and darker green/purpleish when bothered.

Other than that, I just know that the clowns are VERY mixed about this addition.

This is fresh from Vietnam, arrived yesterday. I made sure it was clean and nothing was on the foot before introducing it.

1D39EBDE-DC7D-44D2-8FB5-19423AB6D5DD_zps

HarryPotter

I believe it is a Haddoni Carpet Anemone. Cool! Its already attached and the tentacles are sticky and the mouth closed. Good signs!

Possibly Stichodactyla haddoni on your nem.

Keep a close eye on that nem. Your tank is very young for it, and a little on the small side. They produce alot of waste and can dirty up water quickly. The mouth appears to look a little open, but not horrible. Keep a eye on the mouth.

HarryPotter

Possibly Stichodactyla haddoni on your nem.

Keep a close eye on that nem. Your tank is very young for it, and a little on the small side. They produce alot of waste and can dirty up water quickly. The mouth appears to look a little open, but not horrible. Keep a eye on the mouth.

The mouth is closed now, that picture was just after putting it into the tank. (manhandling it)

Happy its a Haddoni- apparently they are easier to keep, and may host the Percs

reefernanoman

Awesome! Figure out the mystery yet? Lol

Lol karmas a b****!

HUGE DEVELOPMENT. B9FEC32C-77B9-4C3B-B104-81295AAF8249_zpsNEW CLAM. NEON CARPET ANEMONE. MINI-MAXI. MONTIPORA. INSANITY1D39EBDE-DC7D-44D2-8FB5-19423AB6D5DD_zpsFOUR CLAMS. IM DROOLING! CHECK OUT THE NEW ONE WITH PURPLE STRIPES!BC0C81E1-B8F1-4504-81F6-99E05CB31DD7_zpsI'm going to be getting rid of a bunch of small corals cluttering up the sand bed. Assorted polyps, green candy cane, fox coral, etc.

What do you think?!?! IM IN LOVEEE

Nice additions. Carpet nem? How big does that get?

Archived