Pod Your Reef

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

I actually ordered my skimmer AND doser today! On Amazon the PLS-50 Elite skimmer had "Damaged packaging" and was only $70! Such a great deal!

So I ordered the skimmer $70, and the Jebao DP-4 Doser- $75. Not bad!

Before the flood table project starts I really want to get a RO/DI filter, so may need some time for the grow-out project

Thanks! Im really happy that the Millipora (I think thats what it is) had so much PE tonight. I was worried about it at first since I dropped it (Im a total klutz recently- I blame hormones) but it didn't chip and looks great.

The Mystery-Acro also looks happy!

Uh Oh. Im feeling the "Ditch LPS & Softies" for clams and SPS....

I love all of amazons open box items I have picked up so many good deals over the years I might order one of those skimmer just to test then resale on eBay.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

I love all of amazons open box items I have picked up so many good deals over the years I might order one of those skimmer just to test then resale on eBay.

Haha sorry I got the only "Damaged Packaging" Warehouse deal! I hope they drop another box for you Addinali!

mmmmmm I have to post this one more time just since I like this blue stick!

Is this "Full" PE or can they come out more? Just curious :)

IMG_1236_zpsjcuvjkix.jpg

Haha sorry I got the only "Damaged Packaging" Warehouse deal! I hope they drop another box for you Addinali

Theres already another one on there. When you buy them they only show 1 instock so you don't buy 20 it gives everyone a fair chance

but theres one on there right now for $70 damaged box with amazon prime.

I sell my stores inventory on amazon I know how the system works.

HarryPotter

Theres already another one on there. When you buy them they only show 1 instock so you don't buy 20 it gives everyone a fair chance

but theres one on there right now for $70 damaged box with amazon prime.

I sell my stores inventory on amazon I know how the system works.

Oh I see it! The 75+FS one!

That was visible before, but that one says "Visible Cosmetic Damage" whereas the one I got just said "Packaging may be damaged". Im sure the skimmer works perfectly, but I just choose the other since I thought the description was better

Prisonfood53

Can we get an updated photo of your RL-45? The last time I saw your tank was when your Neo-Therm broke, a few months ago at least!

Because you are the only one who cares.

Sorry everything was closing p cuz the light had been dimming before I took the shot.

post-84340-0-87462700-1433751257_thumb.jpeg

HarryPotter

Sorry everything was closing p cuz the light had been dimming before I took the shot.

That's really nice- I love the scape! What type of rock is it?

Hey people do care lol- you just never post! :P

Keep some of those softies, man. Everyone loves SPS so much - but I like softies and LPS. There's more to life and tanks than sticks and clams ;)

HarryPotter

Keep some of those softies, man. Everyone loves SPS so much - but I like softies and LPS. There's more to life and tanks than sticks and clams ;)

Haha I know I love my Trachyphyllia and Nems!

I'm only considering getting rid of the huge pipe organ colony I shoved in the back of the tank and a few shrooms

I have some Ricordias coming in today from a trade!

Prisonfood53

That's really nice- I love the scape! What type of rock is it?

Hey people do care lol- you just never post! :P

I used DRS Pukani Dry Live Rock.

Haha tru dat Harry.

thecoralbeauty

are those sun corals i see??

Prisonfood53

are those sun corals i see??

Yes mwhitelock they are. I like them a lot but they love to come out best when the tank is dirtiest. At least they help clean the tank.

Cough 14 posts in a year :(

Haha I started out real strong for the first 2 weeks though!

thecoralbeauty

Yes mwhitelock they are. I like them a lot but they love to come out best when the tank is dirtiest. At least they help clean the tank.

Haha I started out real strong for the first 2 weeks though!

hm. mine tend to come out whenever they smell food. I love them =)

HarryPotter

Just got my Refugium light! Ecoxotic Stunner strip :)

Also got a small ORA Mint Pavona since it looked so cool- pics soon

Prisonfood53

Just got my Refugium light! Ecoxotic Stunner strip :)

Are you planning on running that over the top or do you intend to cut the vinyl and attach it to the back some how?

HarryPotter

Are you planning on running that over the top or do you intend to cut the vinyl and attach it to the back some how?

IMPOSSIBLE to run over the top. Then you will get algae everywhere.

I used a razor to scrape the Vinyl off behind the Refugium compartment, and then tapes the Stunner Strip behind it. A LOTTA light!

Mint Pavona

IMG_1245_zpsiagwpgc5.jpg

Prisonfood53

IMPOSSIBLE to run over the top. Then you will get algae everywhere.

I used a razor to scrape the Vinyl off behind the Refugium compartment, and then tapes the Stunner Strip behind it. A LOTTA light!

What made you go with this over the Nano Glo?

BTW very nice Pavona

HarryPotter

What made you go with this over the Nano Glo?

BTW very nice Pavona

Well..... I don't know. I ordered the Nano-Glo a while ago and its been back ordered for like a month. I ordered it while I still had my NanoCube! (Before this RL-45!)

I just had some cash from a sale and decided that I couldn't keep cheato in the display anymore.

Thanks- the pavona is pretty funky looking. I think it should be darker, but the LFS had it under weak lighting.

The tiny clam (1") for Morgan is finally opening! Its very delicate- a shadow will cause it to close for a few minutes.

You can't see the yellow, and it looks pretty dark right now

IMG_1249_zpsfaiajovv.jpg

Prisonfood53

Beat you too it! Hey PrisonFood- did you ever make a top for your RL-45? I did and its great!

I went to Home Depot and Osh to find the rounded corner but I couldn't find it. dop you have a link to where you got the corners, I was thinking of just putting a chafer on the square corners. I found the clear netting on Amazon and will order it when my wife puts in her order. Will probably get to it in the next couple weeks. I want a diamond goby so i will have to make one.

Do you have a pic of the screen on your tank? How obtrusive is it, does it draw your eye?

Also how is your fuge? If I remember you got the basket form InTank right? Steve was telling me to just buy the IM Magnafuge LED cuz he is selling them for $50 now. I am debating whether to put a fuge in one of my overflow baskets since I can take out the middle rack or to make a new one for the second chamber. If I go with a new one I would just have to move my heater to the center chamber but I don't think it will be a problem.

HarryPotter

I went to Home Depot and Osh to find the rounded corner but I couldn't find it. dop you have a link to where you got the corners, I was thinking of just putting a chafer on the square corners. I found the clear netting on Amazon and will order it when my wife puts in her order. Will probably get to it in the next couple weeks. I want a diamond goby so i will have to make one.

Do you have a pic of the screen on your tank? How obtrusive is it, does it draw your eye?

Also how is your fuge? If I remember you got the basket form InTank right? Steve was telling me to just buy the IM Magnafuge LED cuz he is selling them for $50 now. I am debating whether to put a fuge in one of my overflow baskets since I can take out the middle rack or to make a new one for the second chamber. If I go with a new one I would just have to move my heater to the center chamber but I don't think it will be a problem.

I bought the corners online- I already linked them earlier. My phone is broken sadly (I thought it was just the battery, but apparently not) so no photos.

It is very unobtrusive- flush to the rim of the tank and nice and taut.

Don't get that expensive refugium light IMO. Any old home depot CFL bulb works wonders, and from my research performs better

Archived