Cultivated Reef

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

I have that terrible tendency to always see what im worried about when I look at my tank! haha. Need to work on just enjoying it more and not fiddling to "perfect" the little things

*cough* stupid egg crate frag rack.... those acros need to be glued *cough*

*cough* Sunny D frag needs to be glued *cough*

*cough* Lucindas mantle is extended unevenly after being stung by the anemone *cough*

*cough* The coralline on the refugium basket needs to be take off with vinegar or just buy a new one for $3 *cough*

*cough* Coralline on return line *cough*

*cough* Sand looks pretty dirty, needs to be stirred *cough*

*cough* Is the ricordia and/or pipe organ stinging the montipora frags on the right bottom? *cough*

*cough* Need to frag a head of Duncan soon probably. Might not, not sure if I want to grow it out or not *cough*

I invite you to read my TOTM essay that talks about just this thing.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have that terrible tendency to always see what im worried about when I look at my tank! haha. Need to work on just enjoying it more and not fiddling to "perfect" the little things

*cough* stupid egg crate frag rack.... those acros need to be glued *cough*

*cough* Sunny D frag needs to be glued *cough*

*cough* Lucindas mantle is extended unevenly after being stung by the anemone *cough*

*cough* The coralline on the refugium basket needs to be take off with vinegar or just buy a new one for $3 *cough*

*cough* Coralline on return line *cough*

*cough* Sand looks pretty dirty, needs to be stirred *cough*

*cough* Is the ricordia and/or pipe organ stinging the montipora frags on the right bottom? *cough*

*cough* Need to frag a head of Duncan soon probably. Might not, not sure if I want to grow it out or not *cough*

Tank looks great harry... do you need a cough drop by chance?

Tank is looking great! Loving the growth on those montis, and such bright color. Though, my favorite coral is that beautiful RBTA you have! Very well!

Tank is looking great! Loving the growth on those montis, and such bright color. Though, my favorite coral is that beautiful RBTA you have! Very well!

Thanks! Your tank inspired me to get into some LPS in the center of the tank. SPS are pretty, but no movement!

The BTA is nuts! Ever since the clowns started hosting it tripled in size and stung the hell our of anything close to it :lol:

I invite you to read my TOTM essay that talks about just this thing.

Where? Cant find it on the link in your sig :(

Tank looks great harry... do you need a cough drop by chance?

Thanks!

Haha yes I do actually! So many germs this time of year- fevers, coughs, the works!

YUYELLING!

the tank evolved into something that I could look at with pleasure, instead of something that needed fixing.

Over time I learned not to freak out over every little thing with my aquarium.

I have 3 goals for this tank: total water stability is one. Second, to keep my hands out of the tank.

YUYELLING!

the tank evolved into something that I could look at with pleasure, instead of something that needed fixing.

Over time I learned not to freak out over every little thing with my aquarium.

I have 3 goals for this tank: total water stability is one. Second, to keep my hands out of the tank.

Oh

I READ THAT BUT THERES NOTHING ABOUT FINDING FAULTS WITH ONES TANK

Harry nothing is wrong with your tank. Something is wrong with your head. JUST ENJOY THE TANK! It's a piece of nature in your room with living animals EVERYWHERE. Messing with the tank too much could atress snd kill those little animals. Good things come to those who wait.

Those hammers are amazing Harry !!! Everything is looking great!!

Thanks!

5935F78B-D481-4468-A16E-41823290241F_zps

Here is Spot spying on the hammers- he is always suspicious of new corals in his home!

87977FB4-6CCA-4B9E-834F-8B062A4B2C15_zps

I love the contrasting colors in the hammers. Nice pick up!

Thanks! Just need one more- the speckled! They are "one head" (But 3+ mouth) frags so great price at a LFS!

Sorry if I'm asking a question already answerd, but how much water does the new tank hold?

This is a 45 gallon aquarium- JBJ RL-45.

I love that too, they are so pretty together.

Thanks!

Nice photos!

Thanks Stella! Needs more RFAs :P

I like the rearrangement. Looks nice

Thanks! Moved zoas to the left, duncan to the center.

Also mixed up all the sand (It was pretty compacted under the rocks), razored back glass and back plastic, etc.

Now.... Should I mount those RR acros? Or leave them on the rack? Indecision! lol

Well, of course it does :)

Im going back and forth about ordering the 10 for $180 shipped. If only I could do 3 for $54!

If you have a spot pop them off the plugs and mount. keeps the rack clean for new corals

Yeah maybe... But not sure on placement yet. Ill try to figure it out :)

Archived