Top Shelf Aquatics

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

Will get pics tomorrow they are in nem jail right now :D I stopped by the dollar store and picked up a small basket and put rock ruble in there and let tem all go......some are leaving and some are staying so not chasing 20 nems around the tank :o

Yes some are dime size now so will see what they open up to.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will get pics tomorrow they are in nem jail right now :D I stopped by the dollar store and picked up a small basket and put rock ruble in there and let tem all go......some are leaving and some are staying so not chasing 20 nems around the tank :o

If they're dime sized when closed I think they'll be nice sized when happy. In my opinion its more about the colors than size because they grow, my favorite is my smallest due to color. But I would be disappointed if they were all tiny... Lets see them tomorrow :)

Yeah they are opening up good. Color is decent but a few duplicates. You had a few nice ones in there. I am sure tomorrow they will be all happy. I need to get this big red blob out of my tank it is scarring the hell out of the fish :lol: but works great for holding the nems......

it is the ghetto tank now.........

Yeah they are opening up good. Color is decent but a few duplicates. You had a few nice ones in there. I am sure tomorrow they will be all happy. I need to get this big red blob out of my tank it is scarring the hell out of the fish :lol: but works great for holding the nems......

I had a duplicate cool one and a solid green, both of which are residing in my Uncle's tank haha. I was overpaid for selling his lights so felt like I should do something nice :)

edit:

I feel you on ghetto tank. Ive been procrastinating getting a refugium light for a while now and just have this big ol breeder box of chaeto hanging in the tank haha

Those RFAs look really nice Harold! I wonder if 10 of those would work in a Spec V, your thoughts?

With reef lighting I don't see why not! A RFA only tank would be awesome. Might get them to spawn in that close proximity and with large gravel even raise the babies.

But I don't know anything about RFAs haha. Ask Stella or Flowermama.

Dont stress. I was upset when I saw this one- pencil tip for size.

CEEB3709-4CDA-43EC-981C-17173CDD4674_zps

But it turned out to be my favorite!

25418A74-F846-4077-882C-599ED34B1DD3_zps

Here is a top-down before they started to spread out. Yes, I stared at my tank all day and got nothing done :lol:

6FFCCC0B-4EBB-4D85-8D07-D270DBB01E21_zps

Here you can see my favorite safely tucked away in the middle

9B8D6186-3267-4C7B-AEAB-4CBAE0C9268F_zps

U thought they would stay in one spot?

Haha i thought they were happy on that rock!

I sort of knew they would wander a bit. But not THIS much! :lol:

Happy I listened to Stella and kept the Vortech off :lol:

Those rock flower anemones look awesome!

Any chance you want to frag those sunny d's??

Is this good? Average? Went from 5 to 16+ polyps in three months

9C8DD299-EAA5-48D9-B1D6-A1D7E3DCADF5_zps

Those rock flower anemones look awesome!

Any chance you want to frag those sunny d's??

Sure I'll frag two or three polyps and let them heal. Remind me in a few weeks to ship them! 2 day mail is cheap- like $10

Sure I'll frag two or three polyps and let them heal. Remind me in a few weeks to ship them! 2 day mail is cheap- like $10

Thanks! Hopefully the good ol USPS doesn't lose it for a week this time! Haha

Lol they are nems, just like BTA, they will walk and find a spot they are happy. Once your pumps go on they will probably walk more cause they dont like the flow. Or for lighting. Good luck lol.

If they're dime sized when closed I think they'll be nice sized when happy. In my opinion its more about the colors than size because they grow, my favorite is my smallest due to color. But I would be disappointed if they were all tiny... Lets see them tomorrow :)

IME tiny ones are harder to care for. But feed them and they should grow!

I wanna see this ghetto tank! :lol: I'm thinking I will have to rig up a similar basket to catch and then move my nems to the new tank!!

Those RFAs look really nice Harold! I wonder if 10 of those would work in a Spec V, your thoughts?

I have 15 in a Fusion 20. Plenty of room for more especially since they are all different sizes. I think 10 would be ok in a Spec V, but I'm not sure about more than that. I spot feed mine, which can be messy. I ended up adding a skimmer.

Out of the 15 I have, only 3 are close to where I originally put them! And yes, when you turn the Vortech back on they will move again because of change in flow. Some move a lot, some move a little.

YOU CAN'T TELL THEM WHAT TO DO YOU AREN'T THEIR REAL DAD!

It's so bright!

E680FFE9-FE9D-4C1B-A451-33536BF973ED_zps

IME tiny ones are harder to care for. But feed them and they should grow!

I wanna see this ghetto tank! :lol: I'm thinking I will have to rig up a similar basket to catch and then move my nems to the new tank!!

I have 15 in a Fusion 20. Plenty of room for more especially since they are all different sizes. I think 10 would be ok in a Spec V, but I'm not sure about more than that. I spot feed mine, which can be messy. I ended up adding a skimmer.

Out of the 15 I have, only 3 are close to where I originally put them! And yes, when you turn the Vortech back on they will move again because of change in flow. Some move a lot, some move a little.

YOU CAN'T TELL THEM WHAT TO DO YOU AREN'T THEIR REAL DAD!

Haha yep they're crazy! This is how they decided to move for now:

4943469E-68E9-4FE4-A8F7-DD6DD180AE89_zps

Those RFAs look awesome Harry !!

Thanks! Tank is in a smooth patch :)

4F497DDB-ABE0-4BFA-87F4-52E36F8A9DCB_zps

With reef lighting I don't see why not! A RFA only tank would be awesome. Might get them to spawn in that close proximity and with large gravel even raise the babies.

But I don't know anything about RFAs haha. Ask Stella or Flowermama.

And I know nothing lol.............. Apparently I'm doing something wrong lol.

Ps they like sand near rocks the most but what do I know lol.

And I know nothing lol.............. Apparently I'm doing something wrong lol.

Forgot about you since your tank isn't really RFA dominated, so those were the two that came to mind.

But yeah you are the only one to grow RFAs successfully in large batches :)

So I bow down :bowdown:

Too funny Harry. Didn't know having 40-50 of them in 34 gal tank wasn't enough. Guess it's not cool when in a true mixed reef.

Dude i wasn't putting you down, your mixed reef is badass and deserved TOTM! I meant that when I admire your tank and think of it I picture the LPS, SPS, and Montipora first, your RFAs are awesome but thats just not what came to my mind!

No insult was intended, you have more experience with RFAs (and having babies!) than anyone on NR

Oh and probably the most badass Rasta colony as well :happydance::happydance:

Lol i just like messing with you ;)

dick

How are the RFA babies doing? I have one thats the size of a dime- made me nervous but looks to be doing well. Do you feed the babies?

Archived