ReefCleaners.org

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you see my frag rack monti-city

I dont see a frag rack? Yes Montipora though.

I just got 3 new types from MikeTR, one of them a 4x2 mini colony! :o

I have no room for this shit. 20 frags I think... Im ####d.

so where are these trillions of frags?

In a box in this rented house. I am in Naples for vacation and will drive back tomorrow morning. I figured less than 24 hours would be totally fine if I keep temperature at 78.

Pinwheel Zoas

Utter Chaos Zoas

King Midas Zoas

Purple Death Palys

Sunny D Zoas

Rasta Zoas

Neon Green Trumpet

2x Chalices

Yellow Tort Acropora

Montipora Setosa

Huge Montipora spongodes

Unknown Montipora

Unknown Acropora

Unknown Zoa(s)

Harry. There are "greenhouse/hydoponic" shops everywhere. The pot growers use a t5ho. They fixtures are at least 1/2 price compared to aquarium shit... buy 2 2 bulb systems replace with waterproof ends boom... that's my plan. As soon I do a bunch more research. And vary my theory... they make retro kits for t5. Lol.

At one point I tried this. Never again. I bought a sunlight supply sun blaze 4x24w fixture and it sucked. Same maker of the tek t5 fixture. Fixture couldn't even break 100 par at surface with all new ati bulbs............

At one point I tried this. Never again. I bought a sunlight supply sun blaze 4x24w fixture and it sucked. Same maker of the tek t5 fixture. Fixture couldn't even break 100 par at surface with all new ati bulbs............

Thanks

This was like 5 years ago so maybe use better ballast now but I'm not sure I would chance. I was trying to figure out why corals were doing bad for months just to find out not enough light.

'

How overkill is this? lmao

8x24w WITH LEDS! :o

http://premiumaquatics.com/products/ati-24-1x75w-led-8x24w-t5-ledpowermodule.html

Thats a shit ton of cash for a light. You have the Radion already why dont you just hang a couple cheap 2x 24" t5 over the tank and keep the radion in the middle? The ATI are sexy but It seems they have jumped on the lets see how much cash you will spend on a light bandwagon. When I started in this hobby the light fixtures were cheap it was the bulbs they got you on. I still dont understand how a T5 can be dimmable without bad effects on the lifespan of the t5 bulbs. Maybe I am just old as #### but I had a sweet DIY halide t5 back in the day minus the bulbls I think I had $100 into it.

Thats a shit ton of cash for a light. You have the Radion already why dont you just hang a couple cheap 2x 24" t5 over the tank and keep the radion in the middle? The ATI are sexy but It seems they have jumped on the lets see how much cash you will spend on a light bandwagon. When I started in this hobby the light fixtures were cheap it was the bulbs they got you on. I still dont understand how a T5 can be dimmable without bad effects on the lifespan of the t5 bulbs. Maybe I am just old as #### but I had a sweet DIY halide t5 back in the day minus the bulbls I think I had $100 into it.

:lol:

That's an option but it would look SOOOO shitty to hang to 24" T5a above my rimless tank :lol:

Tricky too with the RMS mount and such!

Yeah all these reefing companies are ####ing crazy

sup. Merry Christmas Harry - you home yet?

Merry Christmas! No I'll be home around 4.

I may film the blow up doll operation from my drone... I'll see :lol:

I'm sooo worried that Harry will be traumatized by his SS gift lol.

I already am! :lol:

I dont see a frag rack? Yes Montipora though.

I just got 3 new types from MikeTR, one of them a 4x2 mini colony! :o

I have no room for this shit. 20 frags I think... Im ####d.

yeah.. waiting to see all this shit :)

4x2? good lawd.. that didn't even make a dent in that colony. Harry's like.. you can break that in half if you want.. i'm like #### it, you win.

4x2? good lawd.. that didn't even make a dent in that colony. Harry's like.. you can break that in half if you want.. i'm like #### it, you win.

I don't have CoralRX (ran out) so everything is in a temporary quarantine tank with a small powerhead.

Tomorrow I'll buy CoralRX when the stores open, dip, and add everything :)

I'm sooo worried that Harry will be traumatized by his SS gift lol.

It wasn't here! No gift! :(

Here are some- not all. Everything looks awesome except the chalices which don't look happy- slimy with no color under reef lighting so I don't know if its enough flesh to grow an eye and survive.

892F1966-53C6-48BA-953C-71BBA124AB83_zps

Here is my very dirty aquarium:

AECF7FD9-0DAC-43BB-AC8D-F2A093E36F46_zps

Which I quickly cleaned with a 5g water change and glass scraping. Acros look really awesome with the high nutrients and the Zoa island is spreading quickly. Im excited to attach my new Zoas from MikeTR to that rock on the left!

Tank looked like that since the tank sitter overfed... Im going to change floss and cut down feeding for a while to lower nutrients and get rid of the diatoms.

The diatoms might also be from the tap water im using for top off since at the last minute our RO system decided to not work.

It wasn't here! No gift! :(

That is traumatizing

At the rate you're filling that tank you're going to need to upgrade here pretty soon.

That is traumatizing

At the rate you're filling that tank you're going to need to upgrade here pretty soon.

I can't upgrade lol; college! If I go out-of-state for college the tank is coming down, but I am not sure what to do with all the corals :unsure:

I can't upgrade lol; college! If I go out-of-state for college the tank is coming down, but I am not sure what to do with all the corals :unsure:

Not sure what to do with all the corals NOW or if you have to take down the tank??

Archived