SaltCritters.com

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

Lmao.Babies are doing good. They are everywhere look in tank now. I don't spot feed the tiny ones but I feed so heavy I'm sure they get food. The small one you have is sweet.Now imagine dealing with ones can hardly see in sand when open.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lmao.Babies are doing good. They are everywhere look in tank now. I don't spot feed the tiny ones but I feed so heavy I'm sure they get food. The small one you have is sweet.Now imagine dealing with ones can hardly see in sand when open.

Man that sounds impossible! You have a larger substrate for the anemones, correct? So that the babies have something to latch onto?

When are you going to start shipping rastas and RFAs? :lol:

Yeah the small one looks happy, hopefully it'll do well.

Yes larger substrate. I believe helps most when they get covered up with sand to work their way back up to top. Imagine how hard would be with sugar size sand...... I have yellow wrasse that dives in area where most of my babies are and think that's how they end up all over tank.

Lol you know I don't ship otherwise you would have already have had some frags from me........ Wish some of you people were closer

Yes larger substrate. I believe helps most when they get covered up with sand to work their way back up to top. Imagine how hard would be with sugar size sand...... I have yellow wrasse that dives in area where most of my babies are and think that's how they end up all over tank.

Lol you know I don't ship otherwise you would have already have had some frags from me........ Wish some of you people were closer

Shipping is easy! Bag->box with foam. I can even send you a box with everything you need! :)

Interesting on the sand. I hate my sugar sized; never can crank up the flow.

And here I've been holding my breath for Plainrt RFA babies :(

And here I've been holding my breath for Plainrt RFA babies :(

Ill send him everything he needs. The box with foam insulation and the water-tight containers!

Lol I'm a hoarder with saltwater livestock. :( makes me sad when frag stuff lol

I have everything to ship lol.......

you would be really sad shipping me some babies :)

Lol I'm a hoarder with saltwater livestock. :( makes me sad when frag stuff lol

I have everything to ship lol.......

Haha I feel you, no problem :)

you would be really sad shipping me some babies :)

When people see my setup they always ask when gonna give them up.I moved a few couple weeks back and was gonna donate them to local clubs for auction but couldn't bring myself to give them up.

When people see my setup they always ask when gonna give them up.I moved a few couple weeks back and was gonna donate them to local clubs for auction but couldn't bring myself to give them up.

Was the tank upset at all during the move? It looked good in the recent photos

HOLY CRAP THEYRE AMAZING

C18F06D3-54D6-44C2-B42C-135516DE1D9D_zps

Superdope :wub:

After following this thread for the last few pages, I'm sold. Gonna grab some rfa's after christmas. LFS in Tampa has some nice reds. They have a super sexy bta I've had my eye on too.

thecoralbeauty

They are mother ######s. Once the run out of stuff to munch on they go after coral flesh.

yea- mine ate my baby plate corals. fortunately they grew back. and the crab went to the LFS.

i wouldn't be too sad if yours died, haha. lucinda is by far more important!

as i mentioned over text- those nems are awesome! I wish i could get mine to move, but his foot is stuck deep down inside a hole in the rock and he won't budge- ice, powerhead, everything. lol if he ever does come off, i'll send him to you.

Bought a 10g container for my ATO since I'm going away all next week, hopefully it lasts!

Enjoy being away and hopefully will be fine with the tank. Wow, you must have a lot of evaporation to go thru nearly 10 gallons!

Enjoy being away and hopefully will be fine with the tank. Wow, you must have a lot of evaporation to go thru nearly 10 gallons!

Yep I don't have a chiller so rely on fans to keep my tank at 78- they run 24/7 so a bit over a gallon a day!

So I'm going to be gone from Sunday to Friday, a bit worried about the tank of course!

Here's my plan. My moms friend will be coming for every day to feed the dogs and pets.

Checklist before I go:

• New Floss
  • Skimming dry
  • ATO 10g
  • 7 Cups of food made

Feeding: (In tiny cups in freezer)

• Cube
  • Pinch of pellets
  • Regular portion RR

Daily Procedure:

• Vortech feed mode.
  • Take off net top. Put in food. Put back top.

Good?

I just have people throw in food so don't gotta worry about placing top on correct or forgetting about

If no mysis then that might work, but I don't think a mysis cube will fit thorough the mesh. I'll check though

Don't you thaw the food first. Do you have to feed frozen when away? I keep it simple with pellets and flakes. Or you have a picky fish?

I haven't really been away for a while. Might keep it simple with pellets and reef roids, but my mandarin just eats frozen.

I could drop in a frozen cube and it thaws by itself, no?

Archived