ReefCleaners.org

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Icic. If I drop in frozen food it just ends up on overflow right away lol.

yes, this. It will sit right near the overflow and all the thawed mysis will go into the floss.

Icic. If I drop in frozen food it just ends up on overflow right away lol.

Nasty! I realized it's only 5 days- 4 of me not being home (Monday- Thursday) since its Sunday through Friday. So no worries!

yes, this. It will sit right near the overflow and all the thawed mysis will go into the floss.

My nutrients are bottoming out again with the recent growth... Might need to try that! #ROTFOODROT

What is your phos and trates at? How old is tank Now Harry?

Phosphates on .01 and nitrates less than 5. Tank is now about 8 months old, plus the rock was in my nanocube for a year.

I pour food in but between the 2 clams and mini Refugium it's hard to keep up. I would ditch the Refugium but it's great for pods

Harry, how is your refugium set up in your AIO?

That's funny I was just talking about that to Stella earlier so have a picture from today!

It's just a $3 breeder box from petsmart hanging in the display with chaeto. All my FTS have it but it's not very obtrusive actually and does a really nice job- I halve it every two weeks.

3ADD41E8-95E2-4E1A-8A7C-834CE455490B_zps

When I went in vacation I pre-thawed the food and kept it in the fridge.

Deal is no defrosted shellfish. It was hard enough to be allowed to have it in the freezer in sealed packaging in a sealed ziplock!

#KosherProblems ?

That's funny I was just talking about that to Stella earlier so have a picture from today!

It's just a $3 breeder box from petsmart hanging in the display with chaeto. All my FTS have it but it's not very obtrusive actually and does a really nice job- I halve it every two weeks.

Thanks, Harry, great idea. That's the only downside with sumpless setups, there's not much room in the back chambers to hide stuff.

Deal is no defrosted shellfish. It was hard enough to be allowed to have it in the freezer in sealed packaging in a sealed ziplock!

#KosherProblems ?

Ahh... Well then...

Thanks, Harry, great idea. That's the only downside with sumpless setups, there's not much room in the back chambers to hide stuff.

I have an InTank Refugium basket that fits in a rear chamber but don't have a light for it. Maybe I'll try that eventually.

The nice part is that I can trash the entire coralline covered Refugium and replace it for $3 with a brand new one :)

#KosherProblems

Are shrimp considered shellfish? They're a crustacean and not a mollusk...

Nice looking....did they pretty much stay put or move all over?

So the tiny one (pictures above) stayed exactly on the rock. The others moved a few inches to where the rock contacts the sand, overall pretty close by :)

So the tiny one (pictures above) stayed exactly on the rock. The others moved a few inches to where the rock contacts the sand, overall pretty close by :)

That is what all of mine did was go to the sand at the base of a rock. I had one go down 2 inches in the sand and attach to the glass. One did go rogue and move about 6 inches into a cave though.....

Looking good harry. :)

Thanks! I'll post a pre-vacation FTS so I can see how much damage was done :lol:

That is what all of mine did was go to the sand at the base of a rock. I had one go down 2 inches in the sand and attach to the glass. One did go rogue and move about 6 inches into a cave though.....

Yeah that's what mine are doing sans the tiny baby.

It's sort of ironic that the tiny one- the most difficult to keep according to the seller- isn't moving at all and looks very happy.

Archived