Coral Vue Hydros

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks!

Here is one of my mushrooms I really like. It has babies under its edges but they're not out yet

C40044C5-C90B-4968-A7AF-DA87AD98997D_zps

Here is one of the big-ass Yumas!

4245CDBC-F0C8-4CD6-BBA7-24AC89B6E48F_zps

Where did you get those yumas?

From Glenn at Coral Gardens Aquaculture

So I accidentally spilled a shit load of brine into the tank- bag had a hole! No frozen tonight haha

Tank is doing really well!

I realized my Katropora is completely encrusting its plug after a month in my tank, so I am doing something right!

All I am running is floss- no carbon, no GFO, no fancy cancer curing media. Everything looks quite happy with this, so im going to stick with the simple reef for now.

Dosing Ca and Alk to keep at 450+ and 9, everything else gets supplemented with weekly 5g water changes.

Why Ca so high? Do you think it helps or if you could get away with less?

Doesn't harm high, can harm if less. So why not keep a higher safety range?

Thats just my thinking

I have three of the 1.0 ml with my kits. Let me know if you need one. Go to brain freeze and have an ice cream with a fudje injection for the 2 or 5 ml one :)

I have three of the 1.0 ml with my kits. Let me know if you need one.

Sweet!!!! Texted you my address :)

Andddd shoutout to ProudGeek for being awesome and sending me a 1ml syringe!

righttirefire

1ml is 1 ml. I don't care who's makes them. It's a unit of measurememt. That like saying my tape measure is wrong because it's not brand "a"

1ml is 1 ml. I don't care who's makes them. It's a unit of measurememt. That like saying my tape measure is wrong because it's not brand "a"

With the salifert tests, you need to be very exact to do the readings for mag especially.

See 1ml is 1ml. I bet you actually fill to the line on the glass and don't measure out 10ml water with a syringe. Lol

Guilty as charged! You use a syringe for the 10ml?

Here are my two new hammer frags. The purple one is not extended yet.

5935F78B-D481-4468-A16E-41823290241F_zps

Do you see a curious little fish spying on them?87977FB4-6CCA-4B9E-834F-8B062A4B2C15_zps

RFA is doing well :)

AF1D6BA1-F955-4676-B902-1D56A22292F1_zps

Happy candy cane for the first time. Nuked the tank with food yesterday- a 2 cube+reef roids+garlic mashup that left the water cloudy for an hour :)

IMG_4298_zps977boxua.jpg

Lucinda is doing well with the increasing lighting (Im at 90%) and more feeding.

59EA04FD-4998-48BD-A309-084A62D118A1_zps

Top down of Lucinda. Not well extended since she hates the shadows from top-downs :)

25CB6CDC-6DEF-4D11-9EDD-3D51322130E5_zps

Have you tried to move to the opposite side for a top down on the clam? try to get the light on the right side of the picture not the left. that way the shadow is cast away from the clam not down on top of it.

Edit: Or you could move the view finder twards the middle of the tank angle the view finder/ camera , zoom in on the camera, then take a photo and that should allow the shadow not to be cast directly on top of the clam.

Archived