Coral Vue Hydros

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

Update:

Mandarin-

Mandarin didn't seem interested in my frozen food so I fed live brine- it loved it.

I shall name it "Spot!"

It's getting more confident now- I see it roaming around when the moonlights are on pecking at the pods.

Do fish "peck"?

Rock Flower Anemone-

Not looking fantastic. Healthy and colorful, but not opened well. I gave it a tiny bit of live brine and it ate that, so probably still acclimating.

Montipora-

Awesome :)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll bring this forward :)

The damage:

Jedi Mind Trick Montipora

AD32B24D-6ACB-4BF0-A34F-CAAA3DE67DF3_zps

Starburst #1 and Setosa

12535487-009C-40AF-A7DF-6EB6335E9965_zps

Starburst #2

B9F8FEEB-D6A7-4CF3-97B6-9E19DECE3BCF_zps

Slightly bleached Superman Montipora

D4B841BF-3078-433A-9599-3629191241B1_zps

Soon shall be revealed:

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::ninja::bowdown:

82913BA4-D753-4855-ADC6-E2E55B989A0E_zps

Rock Flower Anemone

99730C3B-52FC-4A8F-8C3D-6049B45D19BE_zps

Mandarin

C123FB58-A0E4-4AFE-8036-056A052B8E50_zps

righttirefire

I'd be more happy if you send me all your montis... your setosa looks funny...

Mine, after acclimation, and yesterday, 2.5 month apart

090415_112015_zpsy9cnzbn6.jpg

Update:

Mandarin-

Mandarin didn't seem interested in my frozen food so I fed live brine- it loved it.

I shall name it "Spot!"

It's getting more confident now- I see it roaming around when the moonlights are on pecking at the pods.

Do fish "peck"?

Rock Flower Anemone-

Not looking fantastic. Healthy and colorful, but not opened well. I gave it a tiny bit of live brine and it ate that, so probably still acclimating.

Montipora-

Awesome :)

Keep it on live food for now, after a week mix in frozen brine with the live. If you see him taking the frozen, stop the live right away.

Yes I am satisfied now. Thank you kind sir.

Actually not sure what the hell it is lol.

0DE56698-C060-45EF-A30F-BB006CAAFAF4_zps

Heres a better picture with PE of that Jedi Mind Trick Cap

7E561048-27B7-486E-8015-A23B8BDB2FD4_zps

Actually not sure what the hell it is lol.

It looks like a monti took a crap on a frag plug after eating something with blue dye in it. :lol:

thecoralbeauty

:ninja:

PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan

said the pot to the kettle...

It looks like a monti took a crap on a frag plug after eating something with blue dye in it. :lol:

this.

said the pot to the kettle...

this.

LOL the blue in the background is my clam! This is under whites :)

Keep it on live food for now, after a week mix in frozen brine with the live. If you see him taking the frozen, stop the live right away.

I am mixing live brine with frozen mysis and shutting off pumps when I feed. Its eating something for sure, but I can't tell whether its the brine shrimp or the frozen. Ill continue both for a while and then see if it will still "peck" if its just mysis.

LOL the blue in the background is my clam! This is under whites :)

I know i was talking about the actual coral on the frag plug. You know how blue dye makes some people have weird color poops.

I know i was talking about the actual coral on the frag plug. You know how blue dye makes some people have weird color poops.

Ohhhh... Thought you were suggesting I edited photos or something lol

TOMORROW MY CORALZZZZ ARE COMING!

I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE I WILL I WILL PUT THEM. THERES LIKE 7 OR SOMETHING. MY TANK IS FULL :scarry::scarry::scarry:

Ohhhh... Thought you were suggesting I edited photos or something lol

TOMORROW MY CORALZZZZ ARE COMING!

I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE I WILL I WILL PUT THEM. THERES LIKE 7 OR SOMETHING. MY TANK IS FULL :scarry::scarry::scarry:

Sweet! I have an order coming in tomorrow as well. Post pics of your new corals.

Sweet! I have an order coming in tomorrow as well. Post pics of your new corals.

Tada! Some super colorful acropora, Rasta Zoas, and a Phoenix Montipora

C12CF683-AD44-41E7-B314-9FF3F08D10CB_zps

Might frag this tomorrow. Too big and clumsy to mount well where I want

7E561048-27B7-486E-8015-A23B8BDB2FD4_zps

Caught the little mandarin hunting despite that it had like 5 feedings today!

Bad picture since just a tiny bit off moonlight

A9CAAA50-1AAD-4048-AF16-0BA61AA05BDA_zps

During the day spot mostly hides in a cave. I hope it gets used to the tank and explores during the day rather than just at night

9C4B7A25-520F-421A-A2DD-BE6F0EFCF2DD_zps

righttirefire

You know better than this Harry. Calm down... nothing happens fast... fish will hide. Corals discolor during acclimation... if it's eating and hunting that's awesome...

I have 0 Mandrin experience but let it hunt and eat live/frozen... maybe a training box? You don't have anything aggressive except maybe your clowns

Mandarins peck at food every 10 seconds or so - all day long. However the fish sleeps at night, he is not hunting.

He is pecking at pods and that is a great sign.

Hmm, at night I see it all over the tank- on the other island, on the sand bed, etc. Maybe its a nocturnal weirdo haha

or maybe you have too much light and he's not able to rest.

Hmm didn't think of that. 1% moonlights is on till 11:00 pm (when I was watching) and then it's pitch black until 8:00am when the natural sunlight starts.

Probably slept after the moonlights went off; makes sense. I can't sleep when the moonlights are on either :lol:

Archived