Pod Your Reef

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

Are removing the acros from their plugs- always a good practice. Dipping and removal then reglue to your own plug or rock.

Amen to this. I brought hydroids into my 12 on a plug. that was dipped. Took me months to eradicate them.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amen to this. I brought hydroids into my 12 on a plug. that was dipped. Took me months to eradicate them.

Ya if they are full entrusted like an encrusting Monti I'll scrape the plug with a razor blade and remove the whole surface

Ya if they are full entrusted like an encrusting Monti I'll scrape the plug with a razor blade and remove the whole surface

I just did that. On my forth one went right through my finger...Im an idiot! lmao

You have no algae? :o

I'm trying! Looks like the finger won't need to be amputated though :)

Yeah still no algae. I'm suspicious. Yes some diatoms though

thecoralbeauty

You should read up on Bayer dip. Way better dip IMO. It's funny the plugs were just mentioned here as I just brought up in someone else's build. I hate seeing people leave plugs. They look ugly and pest love them.

that was my thread...

:unsure:

that was my thread...

:unsure:

Warning: don't try to wedge a razor between glue and a frag plug. Or at least don't push it towards your hand while you are cutting.

The acropora loved the bloody water. I think its the iron?

thecoralbeauty

Warning: don't try to wedge a razor between glue and a frag plug. Or at least don't push it towards your hand while you are cutting.

thanks, but im letting all my plugs hang out.

Sad you don't have have a shark tank I'm sure they would have loved it more hahaha

Always cut AWAY from your body kiddo... Always!

Dat's Boyscout level logic.

;)

You poor bastard. Welcome to the reality of blade handling skills. Want further tips?.

Yes... I think the finger has to be amputated. Should I use a serrated blade?

thanks, but im letting all my plugs hang out.

Bad practice. One day you will find out what talking about if get more into sps. Your asking for trouble. So easy to remove them.

Nope, razor edge works decently in EVERY instance... assuming it's "proper sharp". I used to use my pocket knife for cutting Live Rock

Game-Of-Thrones-Stick-Em-With-The-Pointy

Cept for sawing... that needs offset razor edges, still though, aim away from YOU, always

IF THE BLADE SLIPS. MAKE SURE YOU WILL NOT BE IN IT'S PATH.

Ya, seems simple... just make sure you're applying pressure away from your body and not towards it. (I still forget this rule and have to correct myself occasionally)

thecoralbeauty

Bad practice. One day you will find out what talking about if get more into sps. Your asking for trouble. So easy to remove them.

i was being sarcastic, and I know it is bad practice and tempting fate.

I've only been buying my corals from one vendor, who I know and trust (same guy as Sk8n Reefer)- and I may end up removing them all at some point, but i've just now started to lose the pruning off my fingers from the tank transfer this weekend. so that point is not now.

As it stands, everything that I had gotten from somewhere else has been thoroughly dipped before going into my tank. Additionally, I'm not planning on buying much more coral any time soon. The things that I do have, I've had for long enough to know that I have no pests.

all that aside, you're totally right. I just enjoy being a smartass.

thecoralbeauty

Smartass is good. Sense of humor is good also ;) Your setup is doing good and shows you know what your doing :)

don't jinx me!

harry, sorry to hijack.

don't jinx me!

harry, sorry to hijack.

Haha continue! I thought it was interesting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, I dunno if I should keep feeding the anemone daily. Its now bigger than 6" across! :o

Haha continue! I thought it was interesting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, I dunno if I should keep feeding the anemone daily. Its now bigger than 6" across! :o

I think you should focus on your paper. Maybe you won't get cut by razor blades and grow some algea. Bad grades = bad karma

The clams would have loved the blood more. True story, early clam keepers experimented with blood feeding, for iron content or something.

How goes the tank Harry?

The tank goes very well besides the tragic 3 days of clam death ( :( )

Lucinda, my first and favorite clam looks totally fine- it also has the highest par and has been with me the longest so this supports the par/starvation cause.

All acros look very good and are responding well to the increased lighting intensity. I notice PE on the very tips of acros, when before the tip-polyp was usually recessed.

Meanwhile, my hand hurts like hell! Whenever something touches the tip of my index finger I see stars for a few seconds!

I think you should focus on your paper. Maybe you won't get cut by razor blades and grow some algea. Bad grades = bad karma

Who said I had bad grades? Lol

Done with SAT, ACT, most of my APs :)

Archived