ReefCleaners.org

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Really? :blink:

But the Montipora refused to extend its polyps where it was being touched by the Kenya tree.

I guess it was just irritated from the rubbing then!

Leathers do exude extremely potent allelopathic toxins, though with adequate protein skimming and use of GAC this can usually be mitigated or eliminated.

I'd be pissed if I was constantly slapped by a Kenya tree too.

200_zpsiiwofvlj.gif

Leathers do exude extremely potent allelopathic toxins, though with adequate protein skimming and use of GAC this can usually be mitigated or eliminated.

Hopefully not too much of that was released since I razored it off (No crushing), but ill turn on my carbon reactor today to be sure.

Thanks!

400w+

(One of my B-dat presents)

FE488123-A1F2-415E-A6AD-9231B8E45FE6_zps

:huh:

Im converting the room lighting to 3w LEDs!

Jkjk... its a super charger that can charge three drone batteries and the remote simultaneously at 100w each for the batteries and 60w for the controller. Not bad; takes an hour with this unit to get 1.3+ hours of flight time.

I upped the lighting another 5%. The gold maxima looks better, no mantle issues, but gapes a bit at night.

STILL can't get phosphates to register... This sucks! :(

I'd try a different test kit or have the LFS test it for you.

Your corals seem healthy, with no nutrition in the water you would see pale colors in the SPS, this is not the case so my feeling is that the test kit might be incorrect.

Harry - thanks for soldering the connections on the PAR meter, and your packaging was amazing. :wub:

I pride myself on an excess of bubble wrap!

Thanks for letting me borrow it :)

Any advice for these?

I ordered these non WYSIWYG a while ago and they came with bryopsis. Ive been battling it since day 1, trying tweezers, hydrogen peroxide, and coralRX with no success.

They are really nice zoas and have grown out well in my tank on the frag rack, but I don't want to mount them if they still have bryopsis.

IMG_1263_zpsxxc18jjq.jpeg

IMG_9992_zpsxvcxobxn.jpeg

Harry, I've been battling it for 2 years. It can be controlled but unless you use Kent Tech M and raise magnesium to high levels, it won't be fully gone. And depending on the strain on bryopsis, it may not respond to Kent Tech M. I would strongly urge you to toss those frags.

Harry, I've been battling it for 2 years. It can be controlled but unless you use Kent Tech M and raise magnesium to high levels, it won't be fully gone. And depending on the strain on bryopsis, it may not respond to Kent Tech M. I would strongly urge you to toss those frags.

Yep, I tried to get off the algae with no luck. Unfortunately these high-end zoas will be going in the trash :(

This is what I get for ordering non wysiwyg :(

After reading online, it seems that I may have been using too weak a concentration of H2O2. Im going to try 100% for 5 minutes; if they die they die.

50/50 peroxide for 3 minutes kills bryopsis but it comes back within 10 days.

Maybe try pulling a couple of polyps off the plug and see if you can at least save some of them.

No, I've tried that, doesn;t work.

Yep, I tried to get off the algae with no luck. Unfortunately these high-end zoas will be going in the trash :(

This is what I get for ordering non wysiwyg :(

WYSIWYG does not guarantee bryopsis free frags.

righttirefire

Or just accept that you have algea and pests in you tank and move on with your life enjoy all your little piece of the sea gives

Or just accept that you have algea and pests in you tank and move on with your life enjoy all your little piece of the sea gives

Research bryopsis... It can ruin a tank.

Hope yo didn't dip for longer than 3 minutes in 100%.

I guess you did.

Bryopsis will come back, do not glue these frags down till at least 2 weeks to be sure.

Ended up 6 minutes at 100% ;)

thecoralbeauty

harry, he's clearly just in a bad mood. don't take his CONTINUED negativity personally.

:slap:

but seriously. do what kat says. it can come back with a vengeance.

Uh oh. That's zoa melting point. Fingers crossed.

You can place these dipped frags on the sandbed - give a chance for your CUC to eat the dying algae, they like it when it's dying.

Also, did you listen to the fish podcast? I absolutely love my one spot fox face, he eats this menace.

And I have 2 emerald crabs that also like to eat it. And one urchin (who died some time ago though).

It's a hit or a miss to find an animal that will readily eat this so I consider myself really lucky ATM.

And no, I'm not renting out Smudge the foxface.

harry, he's clearly just in a bad mood. don't take his CONTINUED negativity personally.

:slap:

but seriously. do what kat says. it can come back with a vengeance.

:haha::haha:

yeah if this doesn't work the frags are going to be trashed though. Such a shame; they're really nice.

Uh oh. That's zoa melting point. Fingers crossed.

You can place these dipped frags on the sandbed - give a chance for your CUC to eat the dying algae, they like it when it's dying.

Also, did you listen to the fish podcast? I absolutely love my one spot fox face, he eats this menace.

And I have 2 emerald crabs that also like to eat it. And one urchin (who died some time ago though).

It's a hit or a miss to find an animal that will readily eat this so I consider myself really lucky ATM.

And no, I'm not renting out Smudge the foxface.

I listened to part of it, not the whole thing yet.

I have all snails at the moment; I don't have any algae besides this and don't want to starve hermits. (Not have them kill all of my snails!)

Aww man... I was hoping you'd rent Smudge at $9.99 a day! :lol:

Archived