ReefCleaners.org

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty nice bayside shots.... That is a cool area to fly that thing. Why don't you do south point during a late afternoon when the cruise ships are departing.

Some drone pictures from last night. Tonight they came out much better; I turned off the navigation lights so that the red LEDs did not interfere with the camera.

All of these pictures are downsized a LOT by photobucket. If anyone wants to see a true 4K photo, PM me your email.F4967F3E-9F83-4AEA-A25A-2234D17D0CAC_zps0545FF9F-3729-4062-A5D5-7DF2A87244AD_zpsFB30139A-3C70-465A-A8E3-6F73CD300FC8_zps2EA930FC-30C8-4462-8BEF-8C149EF3CDB1_zps

righttirefire

Fixed that for you ;)

I'm glad your happy with your addition...

I wanted to say... you have more taste than banggai cards enjoy your stupid, boring fish. But I bit my tongue

I wanted to say... you have more taste than banggai cards enjoy your stupid, boring fish. But I bit my tongue

HA I guess it's just preference. They move all around and I like em.

There's always room for more fish! :)

I almost got a small (1") blue hippo tang, but they are expensive ($40), VERY susceptible to ich, and need special feeding (algae sheets, etc).

I pride myself on having a low maintenance tank; I just feed once a day and it takes like 2 minutes. Sometimes I'll be away and they won't get fed at all; that's why I like "tough" fish :)

I seen a bunch of them yesterday when I was out picking up some chemipure for my tank at Reef Addiction in Coral Springs. I was on my lunch break so I couldn't get any. Maybe one day I will go check out exotic aquariums when I get time. Its 52 miles away.

You should check out blue seas aquariums in Ft. Lauderdale, they have a huge selection of corals and frags.

You like chemipure?

Honestly I thought it was "awesome" for a long time, about 6 months. However the day I took it out, all my diatoms disappeared, colors got darker, and the tank looks better than ever.

Not bashing chemipure, but unless you are SURE you need it, I would see how the tank does aú natural

I love those kind of cardinals! Nice additions. If they are male and female they can have live babies. They are mouth brooders.

Cool! Didn't know they were mouth brooders. Cichlids are like that and their babies are pretty easy to raise, hopefully I can raise some baby cardinals at some point!

Pretty nice bayside shots.... That is a cool area to fly that thing. Why don't you do south point during a late afternoon when the cruise ships are departing.

That's a cool idea, I'd love to try it on the weekend.

Only thing to consider is that cruise ships have a LOT of chunks of metal; I couldn't get too close. As long as I'm ~100 feet away I should be fine though.

(Large chunks of metal can screw with the internal compass, forcing you to fly completely manual. I could do that, but I'd rather just be 100 feet away and not have any risk.)

Yes their babies are very easy to raise compared to other marine fish. Many folks have raised them in their sumps as the small cardinals go over the overflow and end up in the sump protected from being eaten by tank mates!

HA I guess it's just preference. They move all around and I like em.

There's always room for more fish! :)

I almost got a small (1") blue hippo tang, but they are expensive ($40), VERY susceptible to ich, and need special feeding (algae sheets, etc).

I pride myself on having a low maintenance tank; I just feed once a day and it takes like 2 minutes. Sometimes I'll be away and they won't get fed at all; that's why I like "tough" fish :)

I love the cardinals! I want to get a pair - if I ever get my new tank set up!

Yes their babies are very easy to raise compared to other marine fish. Many folks have raised them in their sumps as the small cardinals go over the overflow and end up in the sump protected from being eaten by tank mates!

Very cool! Hope that happens. I'm not positive this is a male/female pair, despite what the dude at the LFS claimed :)

Very cool! Hope that happens. I'm not positive this is a male/female pair, despite what the dude at the LFS claimed :)

Banggai Cardinalfish Breeding & Spawning: Benggai cardinals are one of the easier saltwater species to breed. The males are mouth brooders which should increase the chances of successfully raising the young. The difficult part is figuring out if you have a pair. You may only be able to accurately tell once they've paired off. If you're really interested in breeding this fish and you have the appropriate equipment and tank setups you can buy a group of 3 and see if 2 of the 3 start to pair off. If they do, you may also notice them going after the third cardinal fish. If this happens and they are in a smaller tank, you will need to remove the third before it is hassled to death. If you they end up breeding you may notice that the mouth on the male will be bulging at the jawline and they aren't eating anything. They won't even go after their favorite foods! The male will mouth brood the fish and then release them after 20 days or slightly longer.

Determining Banggai Cardinalfish Sex: The best way to determine sex is by behavioral observations. Same sex benggai cardinalfish tend to fight one another.

http://www.reeftime.com/profiles/cardinalfishes/benggai-cardinalfish/100019.htm

ITS HOSTING!!!! SPY THE CLOWNFISH IN THE ANEMONE?

Maybe the new fish scared the clownfish into the nem? :wub:

4A016B21-3350-4D0B-A2B9-6AFC4C1AC521_zps

And the cardinalfish. Really like these guys!

28A47E56-F14A-4E6A-B57B-5DD9607CEF15_zps

Sunny D's are opening!

274F0A4D-6E48-4CC2-9BA5-08ED9861FBAF_zps

]

A month later. Colors are coming in awesome and there's a ton of babies!

8832B4A7-E03E-4418-96B1-8B1E883ACE42_zps

I'll drag this forward from the end of the last page:

ITS HOSTING!!!! SPY THE CLOWNFISH IN THE ANEMONE?

Maybe the new fish scared the clownfish into the nem? :wub:

4A016B21-3350-4D0B-A2B9-6AFC4C1AC521_zps

And the cardinalfish. Really like these guys!

28A47E56-F14A-4E6A-B57B-5DD9607CEF15_zps

Hey how are the zoas looking that you dipped?

They've seen better days... :(

But hey it was that or trash em, so hopefully they'll recover.

I like these guys; been in here a long time. Since a small 2p frag :)

88FF9140-DC8C-484C-B5F5-57F14D9AAEA9_zps

Help.

I don't understand what's going on. In the last week the tank has just gone terribly.... Climbing casualty list.

All parameters test perfect; 450, 8.7, 1380, .03, 5, 1.026, 79.

1 fish dead. 4 snails dead. Gold maxima dead. Crocea now looks sick with heavy PM, released rock.

All coral and anemones look great... But I don't understand.

Perhaps a more experienced reefer has an idea of what is causing this?

This stinks so much. Really takes all the fun out when things are dying and you can't figure out why.

The fish was new and could be diseased or stressed, I would not use that as an inkling that something is wrong with the entire tank.

The clams - all of them - have had nutritional issues for a while and looks like are collectively showing it in their decline. I strongly suspect that there won't be much you can do about that, it was a long term issue.

Snails - my snails die all the time. Hermits eat them, it's just time, there are lots of reasons. If you have no algae in your tank they could be starving, an algae wafer helps. Reef cleaners routinely sends out a reminder to re-stock your crew, these guys are not supposed to live forever.

I know it's hard to see the tank going through this, so I understand your frustration. You may lose the crocea, heavy PM is a symptom of the problem, not the problem so dipping it at this stage may help, may fast track the demise, hard to tell. But aside from the clam and the new fish dying I think you will be okay Harry. Just stay positive, don't make changes for no reason.

jedimasterben

What fish died? Snails die all the time, they have relatively short lives, in addition to not knowing how long they've been around before you got them. With clams, more often than not they die very quickly, most being dead within a year, that's just the current stats. :/

What fish died? Snails die all the time, they have relatively short lives, in addition to not knowing how long they've been around before you got them. With clams, more often than not they die very quickly, most being dead within a year, that's just the current stats. :/

There are exceptions to the 1 year rule though. There most certainly are. Oreo has been with me since Spring of 2013 you know.

thecoralbeauty

I've had my maximas (in the college ten gal tank i had) for two plus years before i crashed the tank- i'd probably still have them if i hadn't gone on vacation for two weeks with no feeding or top off. :unsure: wondering if it was a light and nutrition issue.

i know you were having troubles getting your phosphates up a few weeks ago. did you really change something drastic recently?

im in agreement about the snails. they die all the time. don't take it personally. how do the other corals look?

What fish died? Snails die all the time, they have relatively short lives, in addition to not knowing how long they've been around before you got them.

I have one bumblebee snail that has been with me since I got my cube in July 2014. I'm so happy he's still cruising around.

But yeah, snails die.

The fish was new and could be diseased or stressed, I would not use that as an inkling that something is wrong with the entire tank.

The clams - all of them - have had nutritional issues for a while and looks like are collectively showing it in their decline.

Yeah I guess the fish death could be random. Never happened to me before, so it got me worried (Especially because I didn't/can't quarantine)

Trying to keep up the nutrients... Its remarkably difficult. Rotting food doesn't raise them at all, using salifert or hanna checker.

Checked today and got .02 phosphate, which has been a battle to get! Double scoop of reef roids, entire frozen cubes, pellets, phyto, etc.

i know you were having troubles getting your phosphates up a few weeks ago. did you really change something drastic recently?

im in agreement about the snails. they die all the time. don't take it personally. how do the other corals look?

Nothing drastic, just trying to feed more to get detectable nutrients.

Other corals look awesome. LPS splitting heads, zoas growing, acros all really happy (Besides the Katropora that browned out a bit but still has great PE- I think acclimating to LEDs)

Archived