inTank Media Baskets

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

Who said I had bad grades? Lol

Done with SAT, ACT, most of my APs :)

That's all next year for me ? Busy year next year might be moving in with my dad going to one of the best highschool in the state. Getting my lisence, tank set up and running all purdy. Goona be fun but LONG. I never said you had bad grades but not doing a paper like that will cause you to have bad grades.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fed a cube last night and this morning. Ill do another tonight :)

Edit:

bringing this forward :)

E803B01B-8E52-4716-8D87-EDD447FC1192_zps

Tank looks great harry...How do you like the C Breeze? Ive had mine for about a month and although its a bit loud it does a great job keeping my tank cool.

Tank looks great harry...How do you like the C Breeze? Ive had mine for about a month and although its a bit loud it does a great job keeping my tank cool.

The C-Breeze is really nice!

My tank was staying between 79 and 81. Now I use the C-Breeze with a ReefSafeSolutions controller to keep it at 79, which I think the corals like more.

My 5g ato only lasts about 4 days with it though (it used to last 8)

The C-Breeze is really nice!

My tank was staying between 79 and 81. Now I use the C-Breeze with a ReefSafeSolutions controller to keep it at 79, which I think the corals like more.

My 5g ato only lasts about 4 days with it though (it used to last 8)

Its keeping my tank between 75-76. Yeah my ATO doesnt last as long either but Ive always been a huge fan of evaporative cooling as my belief is constantly adding new water to an enclosed system is a good thing.

Its keeping my tank between 75-76. Yeah my ATO doesnt last as long either but Ive always been a huge fan of evaporative cooling as my belief is constantly adding new water to an enclosed system is a good thing.

Seems cold, no? Of course your tank looks awesome, so obviously not too cold!

I don't know how helpful adding RODI water with no supplements is, but I agree on evaporative cooling.

Seems cold, no? Of course your tank looks awesome, so obviously not too cold!

I don't know how helpful adding RODI water with no supplements is, but I agree on evaporative cooling.

Ive been keeping my tanks around that temp for a while now and Ive yet to experience any negative effects. I figure while cooler than the average tanks out there its not cool enough to make much of a difference in coral or fish health.

This made me happy. This is one of my first corals that never did well. All the polyps looked like the one on the back right- heavily receded, but not dead.

Since I started pouring food in the tank in an attempt to get detectable nutrients it has begun to inflate and grow!

4E8C76C6-4EB3-4130-95BB-E0BA2AB48320_zps

Feeding today:

Pellets & 1 flat tsp reef roids at 6:30 AM

Mysis cube at 4:00 PM

Squirt of phyto at 4:00 PM

Pellets and 1 flat tsp reef roids at 10:00pm

What light are you currently using? Sorry, I missed it.

Radion XR30w gen 2. With wide angle lenses. Colors are pretty awesome, but theres some shadowing given its a 11" light on a 27" tank.

Radion XR30w gen 2. With wide angle lenses. Colors are pretty awesome, but theres some shadowing given its a 11" light on a 27" tank.

I loved my radion. It does make every living thing in the tank pop with color. Wish I didn't sell it.

Your tank is super clean. I still can't believe how much feeding you do, its a beautiful thing. If I did that in my old tank my whole house would have been flooded with algae.

I loved my radion. It does make every living thing in the tank pop with color. Wish I didn't sell it.

Your tank is super clean. I still can't believe how much feeding you do, its a beautiful thing. If I did that in my old tank my whole house would have been flooded with algae.

I still don't understand the feeding haha. This morning I decided to feed two entire cubes of frozen food, and I poured all the skimate back into the tank, hopefully that will raise phosphates to detectable levels!

Yeah the radion is pretty great. Wicked shadowing on the sides though, I am hoping to supplement the sides with small cheap fixtures or a 24" dual T5 fixture asap.

Had to post a picture. 100% natural sunlight

5FD3FE96-8CB0-4047-A090-385D2264F725_zps

Clam waking up to a ray of the sun

A3D0415A-4D4B-4804-BB95-558FA27F6EFD_zps

Actually, another Radion Gen 2 would be the best solution for me. Keep the color and control, but lose all shadowing. Boom! Problem solved!

F2893F43-5ACA-4671-BF6B-FA2D13AD08DF_zps

One of these days I need a better camera haha. Not loving all the iPhone pictures!

Take some time to frame it up better, or try changing the lighting in the room.

I hate crooked pictures almost as much as feet in pictures...

Haha okay okay. This was a lazy 1 second shot! :P

Here it is with 5 seconds of editing :P

fd561c66-567c-4ffd-9850-d6132196dca7_zps

Your frag rack is crooked... <_<

Intentional! SPS on the higher side!

JKjk. Yeah the tanks been a bit of a mess between the clam issues and feeding, im constantly knocking stuff.

Heres an ugly as hell random edited version :)

The blurring looks so shitty! Ha! Love it~

9597a4cf-f614-413d-8e2a-a0ddd105bfd4_zps

I still don't understand the feeding haha. This morning I decided to feed two entire cubes of frozen food, and I poured all the skimate back into the tank, hopefully that will raise phosphates to detectable levels!

Yeah the radion is pretty great. Wicked shadowing on the sides though, I am hoping to supplement the sides with small cheap fixtures or a 24" dual T5 fixture asap.

Actually, another Radion Gen 2 would be the best solution for me. Keep the color and control, but lose all shadowing. Boom! Problem solved!

You'll still get shadowing more with LEDs than T5s. Just the nature of the light.

You'll still get shadowing more with LEDs than T5s. Just the nature of the light.

If the pucks are far apart, the light emitted will overlap I believe. Hit everything from both sides

If the pucks are far apart, the light emitted will overlap I believe. Hit everything from both sides

You're still going to get deeper shadowing with LEDs at the base of rocks and under corals and such.

Archived